Guess the F1 picture

If I found full answer in jpg's description it's considered as cheating? :lol:

Um... I guess so. :lol: Haven't got the means to strip the picture of EXIF/description/whatever.

Never got a fair shot at F1, Tarquini here. At least he's now regarded as one of the undoubted modern masters of touring cars.

Okay, so remaining guesses are: Type of Fondmetal F1 car, year and track.

Last edited:
Must be 1992 then, and the kerbs look like Mexico?

And as Mexico is at the start of the season, the car should be the Fondmetal F1 GR01?

OK, here goes guys:

http://img138.imageshack.**/img138/8827/6542134.jpg

That's a good one. Gonna have to think about this. I think it's the 2002 McLaren mp4-17 coz it still has the winglets near the airbox. As for the track...is it Imola? Looks like the Villeneuve chicane in the background and the shadow across the track would be from the AGIP bridge before Tosa.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say Gary Paffet. He won the McLaren Autosport BRDC award in 1999 and the only information I can find suggests he drove a 2002 McLaren although no further details are given. I don't know where he did the test, however Imola seems a strange place to do it given the usual test tracks are Barcelona, Valencia or Silverstone. I can't think of anything else though. I don't think it's Alex Wurz or the two race drivers because they probably would've used their own helmets.

Be interesting to get Vikirad's opinion :p

Last edited:
You're right on the car, but I'm afraid it's not Imola, and not Gary Paffet or Alex Wurz or the race drivers...

Wow ok. Gonna have to rethink this. My first thought on the track was Indianapolis actually, and that Jeff Gordon was the driver. But I can't find any information to supplement this. I know he drove a Williams as a swap with Montoya but did he drive a McLaren as well?

Not Jeff Gordon, but it was Indianapolis.

Last edited:
I've looked up the answer and yup. I remember now :p

Well played sir, and good pic Stiggington. Made me really think about it for a bit :p

Last edited:
That's certainly the brick banking at the AVUS in Berlin. A little research says the driver in front is Tony Brooks in the Ferrari, as for the second... all I can say is that he's driving a Cooper.

The second car would be Masten Gregory in a Cooper T51, first car is tony brooks in a Ferrari Dino 246, 1959 german grand prix at AVUS. If its right, then vikirad can have it as he did most of the work. :)