Random Thoughts....

I disagree. I prefer running in cold, oxygen-dense air. Like a turbocharged car.

My housemate has informed me that the airconditioner at our house has exploded (or at the very least, isn't working anymore). That's a problem when it's currently over 40 degrees outside and likely to stay that way for the next few days.

Might have to prolong my stay here at my parents' house :(.

Last edited:
I disagree. I prefer running in cold, oxygen-dense air. Like a turbocharged car.

Yeah but there is cold -2.8 (coldest Melbourne has ever been) and crazy cold -20 where 2billion lives.

Let me assure you, there's a point where cold air ceases to be better than warm air. It is somewhere warmer than -20.

Grrrr. I had to RUN in -20 weather today. Lungs don't like heavy breathing in the cold.

So I'm jealous, yes. Running in the hot doesn't make it hard to breathe.

Ugh. Memories of gym class. They always decided that it was best for us to run our high school's regionally-recognized (as being extremely challenging and difficult, based on the fact that you run up what's basically a sheer cliff-face) 2.5 mile cross-country course in the depths of winter. Sure, it was never colder than about 20, but when you're wearing shorts and a tee shirt (anything else was out of uniform and unacceptable) and there's snow on the ground, thus making portions extremely slippery and nigh unpassable. Fortunately we knew how long it was SUPPOSED to take to complete certain wooded sections where the teachers would not go and would trailblaze shortcuts through the brush and rest up so we didn't complete the sections too fast.

Standing in line for "Avatar", hope it is as visually stunning as people claim.

That's the main appeal of Avatar.. You actually feel like you're on Pandora, and you sort of miss it afterwards :p

It wasn't actually that big of a deal, I tried to add a new address on my mom's account and ship two things in one purchase to two different addresses, but it was a pain in the ass. Had to go to the "multiple addresses" screen a bunch of times and verify credit card information.

Though I did buy this:

Copy%20of%20fastest%20indian.jpg

:mrgreen:

anyone else have to watch the women's tennis with the sound down? The grunting is rather off-putting.

That's the main appeal of Avatar.. You actually feel like you're on Pandora, and you sort of miss it afterwards :p

It is. At no point did I think "damn, that is good CGI" because I had forgotten that it was CGI.

This is completely true. I saw it for the first time last night, and I loved it.

I miss Pandora, I miss the Na'vi, and I miss Jake Sully. I want more of the characters, more of the cheesy plot, and more of the story!

Literally, it is exactly what I expected and exactly what I waned from the movie. The CGI was amazing, the story was cheesy, but entertaining and emotional (Sucker for romance here), and overall I want to go see it again.

Speak for yourself. I listen with the sound cranked up. :wicked:

It is in no way sexy. How is it sexy? It's like someone's dropping a bag of cememnt on their stomachs...

I've always wondered what the point of the forum "friend" function is. When, in the real world, do you approach a person and say "do you wanna be my fwiend pweese?" Well, when after kindergarten.

Also, I hate it when I take naps and am then not sleepy at the proper time. I couldn't sit up a moment longer earlier today and when I went to rest slept far longer than I should have. Now it's nearly midnight, I'm cranky, and insomniac. My life is one great big <sigh> these days.

Friend function is like the (ummmm..... shall not be discussed...........rep function). It's a thing. You either ignore it, or use it (like I do) to quickly see who's on the board that I like to play with (how many +s can I see at the bottom of the login screen). Where in real life would you walk around giving people point cards for statements they've made or things they've done?

I tried to have a nana nap this arvo. Too hot to sleep. And it'll still be too hot tonight. I'm going to be a grumpy bunny tomorrow.

I was reading somewhere on the interweb that says NBC is considering a remake of The Rockford Files.

They have obviously not learned anything after the Knight Rider debacle.