Gran Turismo 5

100_7230-1.jpg

I know I'm just a Viper fanboi, but .... :drool:

There are so many different variables for how the tyres and road surface act in the snow. I'm pretty sure that's impossible with the current technology.

Are you high? Okay, to accurately model it perfectly, then yes because snow varies. But a simple "traction = fucking slow and lots of sliding" would be easy.

They already have snow rallies and wet tracks. Of course it's impossible to model it perfectly.... that's what the game gets more realistic with each release. But it's not that hard to make a slippery surface, even if they don't model the effect of each individual snowflake.

Was kind of hoping the Gallardo would have internal damage to be shown...

It looks like the paddle-shift gear change takes about 3 seconds. :blink:

Was kind of hoping the Gallardo would have internal damage to be shown...
It won't show internal damage in the game, only race cars will do so.

Last edited:
Those gearshifts were terrible, and it is kinda sad that when he smoked the wall the first time his speed was still enough to stay with the Esprit.

Also...THE TIRE NOISES MAKE THEM GO AWAY (or at least not that much squeel.)

They still haven't fixed the tire sounds....:(

It looks like the paddle-shift gear change takes about 3 seconds. :blink:

You can't judge that, because it can only show the animation after the imput so wait to its released to judge things like that.

If it's anything like the demo, the driver moves his hand in anticipation of the gear change. Hover at the redline and the hand will stay in the shift-ready position, same goes for low rpm. I guess it's better than performing the full shift animation after pressing the button.

Kaz was interviewed at CES. Heres the info.

* Yamauchi?s English translator, whose ever-presence has brought him notoriety among GT fans around the web, talks about what kinds of questions Yamauchi does and does not like to receive. For obvious reasons, he doesn?t like being asked specific details about GT5. He?s also tired of being asked about damage: ?It?s in all the games now, it?s going to be in our game now. It?s not really a major thing.?
* A direct question about the track editor is deflected, as Yamauchi states ?Unfortunately, it?s really just a rumor right now, so I can?t really comment on that.?
* Yamauchi?s favorite game of all time is the arcade version of ?Marble Madness?. He also enjoyed Star Wars on the Atari.
* After creating Motor Toon Grand Prix, he created over 100 different concepts for games before finally settling on the first Gran Turismo.
* The U.S. release date is ?still not decided?.

Now, before you let off steam in the comments about the US release date (or lack thereof), keep in mind that?s out of Polyphony Digital?s hands. GT5 will be finished in March ? deciding when to publish it is the responsibility of the game?s publisher, Sony Computer Entertainment.

Video here - http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchis-techcrunch-ces-interview/#more-4941

If the game will be done in March, I don't see a reason for Sony not to release it. Delaying it longer is illogical (I've been watching too much Star Trek lately) since some prospective customers can get annoyed and switch to Forza, while the fanbois will buy it no matter when it comes out.

I've gotten annoyed- I played through the Japanese version of GT5P and the Euro version, then I bought Forza 3 and an Xbox. F3 is not a fantastic or finished product. There's still lots of work that needs to be done on both franchises for me to be satisfied, but I find myself having more fun with F3 in things as simple as the Auction House and finding new liveries. I'd like to see these features in GT5, but I don't have high hopes.

At the end of the day though, I'm getting GT5 the day it comes out.

Gran Turismo 5 has been ...

... wait for it!!! ...

...delayed! :rolleyes:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d8879.html
crap translator said:
"PlayStation 3" software-only Gran Turismo For Release of Version 5, on the production schedule, We've been expecting our first guide in 2010 has decided to postpone three month.

For his new release date as soon as this decision, we will guide again.

We wait for their release to everyone in this film that we apologize apologize for any inconvenience.

I'm readying myself to buy a PS3 when this thing comes out, well more time to save up cash I guess.