NFL '09 Regular Season Thread

I still stand by the general statement that Cutler, while an issue, is not the main cause of the problems.

The play calling is literally a step above JV Highschool football when it comes to passing. They have no legitimate WR threat, the O-line is totally crap.

And with no draft picks to give any help to him, Cutler will never be a true threat in the NFC North, which is aggravating.

Playoff matchups

NFC

#6 Philadelphia at #3 Dallas (Saturday 8pm EST)
#5 Green Bay at #4 Arizona (Sunday 4:30pm EST)

Lowest seed at #1 New Orleans (Sat Jan 16 4:30pm EST)
Highest seed at #2 Minnesota (Sun Jan 17 1pm EST)

AFC

#5 NY Jets at #4 Cincinnati (Saturday 4:30pm EST)
#6 Baltimore at #3 New England (Sunday 1pm EST)

Lowest seed at #1 Indianapolis (Sat Jan 16 8pm EST)
Highest seed at #2 San Diego (Sun Jan 17 4:30pm EST)

As a Cardinals fan, the Packers do scare me. But I believe that Green Bay showed a lot yesterday while the Cards showed next to nothing. I think the Cards get to the NFC Championship, but lose to the Saints.

In the AFC, the only team that impresses me now are the Chargers. I think the Colts will be one and done again.

I'll say Chargers over Saints in the Super Bowl.

Any thoughts?

As a Cardinals fan, the Packers do scare me. But I believe that Green Bay showed a lot yesterday while the Cards showed next to nothing. I think the Cards get to the NFC Championship, but lose to the Saints.

In the AFC, the only team that impresses me now are the Chargers. I think the Colts will be one and done again.

I'll say Chargers over Saints in the Super Bowl.

Any thoughts?

In NFC, Dallas beats Philly, loses to Minnesota; Arizona beats GB, NO, and Minn to make it to the Super Bowl.

In the AFC, Jets beat Bengals, Chargers; Ravens beat Patriots, Colts, and Jets to reach SB.

I'd like to see the Cards over Ravens, but Baltimore is a tough team.

AFC
Bengals over Jets
Ravens over Pats

Colts over Ravens
Chargers over Bengals

Colts over Chargers

NFC
Eagles over Cowboys (Romo is a choke artist)
Packers over Cardinals

Saints over Eagles
Packers over Vikings

Packers over Saints

Superbowl: Colts over Packers

AFC
Bengals over Jets
Ravens over Pats

Colts over Ravens
Chargers over Bengals

Colts over Chargers

NFC
Packers over Cardinals

Saints over Eagles
Packers over Vikings

Packers over Saints

I've got the exact same path, but with the Packers beating the Colts.

^ Since the Titans didn't make it, I've got to pull for someone. Normally it's the Patriots, but since Welker went down, I'm not feeling very confident. I can't bring myself to cheer for the Colts, I loathe the Chargers and Saints with every fiber of my being, the Ravens, Eagles and 'Boys aren't much better, couldn't care less about the Jets or Bengals, and the Vikings and Packers I like, but not feeling it this year. So Cardinals it is.

Playoff Predictions:

Jets over Bengals
Ravens over Patriots

Colts over Ravens
Chargers over Jets

Chargers over Colts to win AFC Championship

Cowboys over Eagles
Packers over Cardinals

Vikings over Cowboys
Packers over Saints

Packers over Vikings to win NFC Championship...how fucking hilarious would it be for Favre to fall just short of the Super Bowl against his former team?

Chargers over Packers to win Super Bowl XLIV

Who the hell are the guys calling the early game today?

AFC
Bengals over Jets
Ravens over Pats

Colts over Ravens
Chargers over Bengals

Colts over Chargers

NFC
Packers over Cardinals

Saints over Eagles
Packers over Vikings

Packers over Saints

o - 2 off to a flying start.

Not surprised to see the Bengals "just laid down and died" to quote a friend i was talking to tonight. The Cowboys winning? well, that just sucks.

I've never really had an NFL team that I support, nevertheless I hereby pledge my support to the Dallas Cowboys because I went to high school with Felix Jones.

I can't believe the game ended on a fumble return.

My 2 favorite teams are out. I don't care who wins any more, as long as its not the Cowboys.