Random Thoughts....

Major lollerskates at how you spend your free time, flydiscovery. :lol:

But yeah, excellent way to illustrate my point. :)

Look, if I don't use my nerd powers for graphing they're going to get used for explosions and that just gets too much attention from the government. Graphs it is! I like graphs. Graphs are nifty and explain subjective complaining in color coded objective measurements! Besides, Excel is my bitch. :D

YEEEEEAH! I GOT MY SCHEDULE SET HOW I WANT IT!

One class Monday and Friday at 11. A one-day class on Wednesday at 3, but it's cool because it ties together my two majors nicely. And Tuesday and Thursday...start at 11, end at 2?, two classes back to back in the same building. Yeeehaw!

YEEEEEAH! I GOT MY SCHEDULE SET HOW I WANT IT!

One class Monday and Friday at 11. A one-day class on Wednesday at 3, but it's cool because it ties together my two majors nicely. And Tuesday and Thursday...start at 11, end at 2?, two classes back to back in the same building. Yeeehaw!
So the earliest you start the day is at 11?
Is this a party school or something?

[:wheelchair:]Back in my day, I had to get up at 4:30 am and walk to school up a hill barefoot for 20 miles.... :shakefist: ..... [/:wheelchair:]

Austin v Adelaide (sorry, no dice)
weatheraustinadelaide.jpg

Austin v Mildura (close but no cigar, still hotter in Texas!)
weatheraustinmildura.jpg

So Aussies, what do you think now?

I think we should look at peaks instead of averages.

Find that data in simple aggregate form and I'll graph it, although I'll warn you comparing maximums isn't typically scientifically valid since the sample size is only 1. Peaks are outliers.

Last edited:
Ugh, I think something has expired overnight in the wall of our laundry. I went in there to put some things that are taking up too much room in our regular freezer into our big chest freezer, when I was hit by a smell that made me want to :puke: as soon as I opened the door. Whatever it is seems to have perished in the wall somewhere behind the basin.

I did hear some faint scratching noises in the ceiling above our study a few days ago, which must point to small rodent...one of the mice our cats haven't managed to eliminate maybe. Yuck.

So wait, we're arguing about who picked the shittiest place to live. . .

Well I lived in a paper bag in a septic tank for three months.

It is not possible for the southern hemisphere to be overall hotter than the northern anyway due to the ratio between ocean and land in the south.

So the earliest you start the day is at 11?
Is this a party school or something?

[:wheelchair:]Back in my day, I had to get up at 4:30 am and walk to school up a hill barefoot for 20 miles.... :shakefist: ..... [/:wheelchair:]

1. Yes.
2. No. One of the perks of being a senior: priority in picking the later classes.

(This, of course, means that I have less of an afternoon available to do stuff...but that's okay. Back when I was a freshman, I had an 8 AM class with only a ten-minute passing period before you pansies changed it to 15! I had to walk all the way across campus and couldn't stop to BS with friends, y'hear? And tuition was under $10K a semester, too! I'm getting too old for this crap. *shakes cane*)

Last edited:
Hmm, just remembered, more critters! There was big spider on the bathroom mirror when I came home yesterday evening. I went to whack it with a rolled up newspaper, but the smart bugger decided to drop onto the floor and make me scream! I think it ran down a floor vent. It can stay down there....please. :gulp:

The point, Aussies, is not that it's so much hotter in Texas. It's that we don't spend all summer moaning about the heat. Go for a swim or something!

The point, Aussies, is not that it's so much hotter in Texas. It's that we don't spend all summer moaning about the heat. Go for a swim or something!

Exactly. I'm not saying in any way that it's not hot there. It's just not quite as hot as your government seems to have convinced you. I honestly made a few of these graphs a couple of weeks ago out of sheer curiosity. I have a personal frame of reference for hot it gets where I live and in Austin (Spicy and I were chatting that night), and I was genuinely curious how much hotter it must be down in Oz land. I was pretty shocked.

I'm guessing this is because Spicy is aclimatized (sp?) to the hot humid weather, whereas us Aussies don't seem to cope that well to the so called "sunburnt country" since it's only a few days of the year that we get 40 plus degree weather.

At work yesterday quiet a few people "called in sick" because of the hot weather....