Forza Motorsport 3

Well this sucks. I think my Forza 3 disc is dead. It freezes right at the beginning of the loading screen no matter what car or track I choose. The music stops, it doesn't change the loading facts thing, even pressing the Xbox guide button doesn't do anything.

Well this sucks. I think my Forza 3 disc is dead. It freezes right at the beginning of the loading screen no matter what car or track I choose. The music stops, it doesn't change the loading facts thing, even pressing the Xbox guide button doesn't do anything.

Have you ajusted the Field of Vision ? Turned Multiscreen on ?

Yeah, but I've had it on since day 1 with no problems. However, now that you mention it, my friend was saying that his box would freeze up when he set the FoV too high. I'll try it again without multiscreen.

The Xbox streams patch data, so if you're not connected to Live then loading a quick race or hot lap session will freeze the game most of the time with FoV settings enabled.

I just wish FM3 was a bit more....fun...I find myself getting annoyed and disappointment at it more often then enjoying it. :(

I think the problem comes from the tracks. There are just way too few good ones. Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta, and a handful of others are good and I enjoy them, but polyphony is WAYYYY better at making up tracks from scratch. I just can never feel like I can get into a rhythm on the T10 tracks. Sedona, New York, Amalfi, Fujima, and that mountain track are all extremely difficult to judge braking zones and there are sooo many decreasing radius turns. Its challenging, but not in a fun or good way. Just frustrating really. The game also seems so sterile. The driver doesn't move at all and the steering wheel is always completely straight. It feels like your watching from a rollbar mounted camera. Ahh I am just disappointed in the game still.

Last edited:
I started the R3 championship yesterday and holy crap these race cars are hard to drive, and I'm worried that if I upgrade an S-class car to R3 it still won't match up to the cars that are default R3. I might have to mess with that and find out though, my 430 racer is crazy.

R3 was ok for me. I used a Lambo for most of it, crazy power, slow in, fast out of corners. Come 2nd round, the front tires would be going yellow in every corner, but I still won it all...

R2 was a bitch. I raced the F50 competizione (is that its name? don't remember...) until it had class 5 and then went with the Koeniggsegg. Big surprise: Started it in paddleshifter mode, but then I saw that the guy is shifting manually...
Damn my pride, I switched over to manual with full clutch as well... I was exhausted whenever I did 3 of those races...

I used the GT3 in R3, it's a bit slower than some of the other cars but I I like how the 911 can power down out of the bends. For R2 I used the C6.R and the GT1, the C6.R was tough, it's considerably slower than some of the other cars. The GT1 is easy-peasy though, still have Motegi and Mugello left to do though.

Just focus on your braking points and watch how the other cars do it, the AI can be very slow in some odd places. Also wouldn't hurt to adjust the downforce for some tracks (ie. less for La Sarthe and more for Laguna Seca.) Also make sure if you adjust the downforce to adjust both sliders equally otherwise you will change the balance of your car.

Have you ajusted the Field of Vision ? Turned Multiscreen on ?

The Xbox streams patch data, so if you're not connected to Live then loading a quick race or hot lap session will freeze the game most of the time with FoV settings enabled.

Thanks a lot for the tips guys. Turns out that I had taken the ethernet cable out of the 360 while I tried a little HTPC setup. It's pretty stupid of me not to realise that would be the problem, as we had a page discussion on that in this very thread :hammer:

As for what starfox said, I mostly agree with everything. I had the same problem with Forza 2, and more than anything I had hoped that they would put in more tracks into Forza 3. The things that make this game fun are drifting, fooling around with friends, and testing cars. However saving up for these cars has become a chore now that I'm starting to run out of cheap cars. I just wish we could have something like NFS2 and Porsche Unleashed again. Where the racing is fun and relaxing, and the tracks are fun to just drive on and beautiful to look at.

Okay, I'm really looking to do a resto-rod project of either the 300SL or the DB5. 300SL would most likely receive the venerable 6.2L V8 and the DB5 the DB9/S 6L V12. Full suspension work would be in order along with some weight removal and the typical suite of drivetrain upgrades. Seeing as it's going to be more than a half million credit endeavor, I'm only going to do one for now. Any preferences or other recommendations?

I am extremely relieved they got the sound right for the Murcielago SV

In R3, I'm rocking an 08 Viper SRT10 ACR in white :D, upgraded to R3 actually. It's been much faster than AI cars and I'd be 1-2 secs faster a lap on hard difficulty usually. On thing though, I feel it understeers too much, it hasn't been tuned at all yet, what should I change? Greater downforce on front of the car?

In R3, I'm rocking an 08 Viper SRT10 ACR in white :D, upgraded to R3 actually. It's been much faster than AI cars and I'd be 1-2 secs faster a lap on hard difficulty usually. On thing though, I feel it understeers too much, it hasn't been tuned at all yet, what should I change? Greater downforce on front of the car?

Maybe a little more negative camber and depending on if it it feels too slow into corner entry, a bit of toe-out. Also you might stiffen up the front roll bar.

I'm assuming it's AWD. Crank up the downforce all the way on the front but the rear downforce should be much lower than maximum, I can't remember the setting I have. But try setting the front ARB at about 5 and the rear ARB at 25.

Just focus on your braking points and watch how the other cars do it, the AI can be very slow in some odd places. Also wouldn't hurt to adjust the downforce for some tracks (ie. less for La Sarthe and more for Laguna Seca.) Also make sure if you adjust the downforce to adjust both sliders equally otherwise you will change the balance of your car.

I've noticed the odd AI points in every race, but yeah I should mess with some settings, but I'm afraid if I do it will mess up what is a good enough car since I'm still molesting medium-difficulty AI but getting my ass handed to me by hard-level AI.

Maybe a little more negative camber and depending on if it it feels too slow into corner entry, a bit of toe-out. Also you might stiffen up the front roll bar.

Stiffer front ARB=more understeer...

Stiffer front ARB=more understeer...

If the front is stiff and the rear isn't it will oversteer. First gen rx7s have this problem.

In general, a stiffer front ARB in relation to the rear will produce more understeer. Just like a stiffer rear will produce more oversteer. There are a lot of factors that determine this and it could be an out of the ordinary case on the RX7.

In general, a stiffer front ARB in relation to the rear will produce more understeer. Just like a stiffer rear will produce more oversteer. There are a lot of factors that determine this and it could be an out of the ordinary case on the RX7.

Hmmm... I know if you take the rear bar off completely on an RX7 it becomes almost undrivable without the amount of oversteer. Perhaps its related to something else.