Random Thoughts....

Using Japan as a segue, a random thought occurred to me today:

Name one internationally known stand up comedian off the top of your head (and not using Google :roll:) who is either from Japan or Germany.

"Ja, ihre Mutter ja, she iz so gastronomically sized, her posterior would not fit in ze allotted space! I haff drawn a graph, ja?"

No, not Germany. Sarcastic? Yes. Funny? No.

Dang you got me. I can think of noone.

Holy shit
my underpants gave me an electric shock
the kind where you see the lightning
fuck me sideways
Shock collar goes on the dog, dude. Not your nuts...unless you're into that sort of thing.
However, Texas is a state, not a country, so comparing apples to apples...
Hey! We were a country once, too! (And might be again if Spectre gets his way.)

Never been our own continent, though. The Aussies have us beat on that.
@ AiR, you could sell bottled piss in Japan and people would buy it

They sell bottles of pee here. Sells pretty well, oddly enough. It's called Keystone Light.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
I have a personal frame of reference for hot it gets where I live and in Austin (Spicy and I were chatting that night), and I was genuinely curious how much hotter it must be down in Oz land. I was pretty shocked.

If you compare a topographically similar place in australia, like inland up north you will find it gets much hotter. Some places have an annual mean maximum of 40deg C. It's just that most of us are smart enough not to live in those places.

Anyway it's been hot and if we want to talk about the weather we'll talk about the damn weather. :p

Anyway it's been hot and if we want to talk about the weather we'll talk about the damn weather. :p

And from what I observed, Australians love to talk about the weather. It's all you people do in this thread! :p

Perhaps an Australian weather thread is in order?

It'd only have three different replies: "too bloody hot", "too bloody cold" and "s'alright".

gaasc

Can I pinch you business idea, you know the bottled piss one?

Sure you can mate.

@Jay, your random thought has given me another, how much fun would be to watch a german mocking a stereotypical german

Last edited:
"Ja, ihre Mutter ja, she iz so gastronomically sized, her posterior would not fit in ze allotted space! I haff drawn a graph, ja?"
:lol: "I haff drawn a graph"

I missed your joke before so I quoted it so NONE SHALL MISS IT ever again.
Speaking of ze germans I saw a documentary about the Autobahn earlier and I learned a new word: Autobahnkirche. Autobahn church.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/01/11/autobahnkirche.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/01/11/5469487.jpg

Last edited:
Well, my accent is typically Midwestern, with a bit of that "ya hey der" accent you get from the movie Fargo. It comes on even worse when I spend a few days back in Wisconsin.

My Wisconsin twang was unmercifully mocked for the first two years at my work here in Illinois.

Coincidentally, both Cobol74 and I know each other's voices!

Using Japan as a segue, a random thought occurred to me today:

Name one internationally known stand up comedian off the top of your head (and not using Google :roll:) who is either from Japan or Germany.

I've not googled, and I don't remember his name, but I've read several reviews of a German comedian who tours the UK (and elsewhere?) doing stand-up in English, and by all accounts he's hilarious.

But I fail your test due to having to google in order to get his name : Henning Wehn. 3 minutes of his routine.

Jay - you have a sweeeeet accent! Very US NW in my opinion.

A bit more of Henning:

[YOUTUBE]Qkf5TVqusEc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]TeEyu5YSEgw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see the comparison with somewhere like Darwin. Even in winter, it's like summer there.