Random Thoughts....

If Puffalumps ever became self-aware, it'd just be really funny. And adorable.

...until they try to smother me in my sleep.

Not sure what I should pick to address. I need to lose weight, but that's not one of the big things that bugs me. I guess the plan, then, is:
Step 1: graduate.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: ...profit?

Start small. Get an achievement under your belt and then move on to the next one.

If you want to try the weight thing, how about:

I will lose 1kg before the end of the month. Means by the end of the year, there could be a potential loss of 12kgs (if that is what you want to lose). If you want to lose more, work up to 2-3 kgs a month. It adds up over a year.

I don't want to be the one everyone cringes from for trying to be the 'glass is half full' over-happy one. But the last two years have been really crappy. And for most of the decade, the even numbered years have been the worst, so history says 2010 is not going to be good. I don't want to waste another year (and lets just say I'm starting my midlife crisis a little early). But if you want to join in the self-improvement, you are more than welcome.

Some background - don't read if not interested
The Doctor gave me a wake up call two years ago and told me the stress and lifestyle would kill me before I was 40. For a year I followed his instructions, did everything I was told to and then some, and was slowly getting more of a balance in my life, getting blood pressure under control (210/120 is NOT healthy and I got it to 140/90 without medication) and address the stress and exhaustion. 12 months after that, the old habits started creeping back.

A year later, I know I'm almost back to where I started, and have to go through the habit changing stuff all over again. I know I did it once, so I can do it again. This time it has to stick. There are things I want to do. Get OS again (even cheer the FG team at a LeMons in person :thumbsup: ), stabilise my housing, stop being the doormat for people that say they are my friends and really aren't, be there for my actual friends instead of hiding behind the guise that is work. I would also like to do some stuff for me. Hell, I can do amazing things for others, and yet am still unable to take care of myself first.

In travel related news, looks like I'm going to Brisbane for four days in early February. Any locals with some hot tips on where to stay, what to see, etc?

Bugger me I'm unfit. I decided instead of driving to the nearby shops, I'd walk/jog/run the 2km or whatever. Back at home now and I'm sweating and gasping. It's 19 degrees out and extremely humid which would account for some of that though. Gonna need to make some huge gains in the next month or so. Cycling season will begin in a couple of months time and I have some upcoming fitness tests (Beep tests, agility, etc). But for now I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the Iced Coffee and Mars Bar I went to the shops for :p

Well....Humid air is less dense than dry air because a molecule of water (M ? 18 u ) is less massive than a molecule of nitrogen (M ? 28) and a molecule of oxygen (M ? 32). So basically if it is humid enough it is like running at a higher altitude which might account for the heavy breathing from lack of oxygen.

Rain and wind. All the snow is gone :(

At least now I have an excuse not to do anything today :D

Well....Humid air is less dense than dry air because a molecule of water (M ? 18 u ) is less massive than a molecule of nitrogen (M ? 28) and a molecule of oxygen (M ? 32). So basically if it is humid enough it is like running at a higher altitude which might account for the heavy breathing from lack of oxygen.

Thankyou James May :p

@the stand-up thing, i really hate that Chappelle hasn't been up to much since 2005-ish, i really liked his stand-up. Blaming it on Rick James and some dude that made him uncomfortable

@ the goals thing, my only personal goal is to be more fit, since i have been recently tall that since i'm tall-ish (1.76m) and skinny (128 lbs maybe more, i forgot the actual number) my BMI gives me the fat of a 50-year old bloke.

yet here i am having a breakfast of chocolate cake and fried chicken.

@the stand-up thing, i really hate that Chappelle hasn't been up to much since 2005-ish, i really liked his stand-up. Blaming it on Rick James and some dude that made him uncomfortable

@ the goals thing, my only personal goal is to be more fit, since i have been recently tall that since i'm tall-ish (1.76m) and skinny (128 lbs maybe more, i forgot the actual number) my BMI gives me the fat of a 50-year old bloke.

yet here i am having a breakfast of chocolate cake and fried chicken.

You would be the shortest guy in the room if you are 176cm here.

well, tall-ish for a latin american <_<

^ We have had a few of those.

Grrrrrrreat. Now my brain's going to be singing "It's a jolly holiday wiv Marrr-reee" all day long. Thanks.

Mareee makes your heart so liiiiight!
When the day is gray and ordinareeeeee...
Mary makes the sun shine briiiight!

It was the second movie I ever saw in English, so it holds a very well-fortified place in my memory. Seriously, I've been completely unable to dislodge it for about twenty years.

I guess it's just further proof that I am actually a girl, but I really enjoy Mary Poppins. The movie makes me smile, and I like singing the songs even though I'm totally tone deaf. It's cheesy and campy but fun none the less.

I guess it's just further proof that I am actually a girl, but I really enjoy Mary Poppins. The movie makes me smile, and I like singing the songs even though I'm totally tone deaf. It's cheesy and campy but fun none the less.

Wait... What does that make me? I love Mary Poppins. Frankly I love Julie Andrews and I'm not afraid to admit it.