Honda Insight Sports Modulo Concept

Mitlov

Car(s)
2011 Civic Si, 2002 SV650
...because every slow, crude hybrid can become a "sports" concept with the addition of locomotive wheels.

Seriously, what is up with those wheels?

Honda-Insight_Sports_Modulo_Concept_2010_photo_01.jpg

Honda-Insight_Sports_Modulo_Concept_2010_photo_06.jpg

http://www.netcarshow.com/honda/2010-insight_sports_modulo_concept/

56669678.LocomotiveWheelsIMG_2340.jpg

...what the shit?

No, seriously. What the hell is with those wheels? :/

It's the new wheel balance weights needed for the coming made-in-china manufacturing tolerances.

Also, while tail fins work on a 1950s Caddy, they really aren't working for me on the Insight. Especially when they appear to be stuck on with double-sided tape.

At first I thought someone clamped it and the camera crew where too lazy to take care of it.

someone crashed an Accord wagon into a Prius...

I think the wheels are cool!

In a funky weird way.

Rest of it is shit.

So the fins are there for improved aerodynamics for more "sport"... I can't imagine it going fast enough for aerodynamics to really matter.

It sorta looks like a diffuser on the back bumper, but you don't really need a diffuser or wings when you are turning into the grocery store parking lot.

Well, here's to waiting on the Insight Type R... that craps gonna be so bad A.... no wait, just bad.

the fuuuuuuuuuck?

Seems Cadillac was right all along

Please let there be an optional extra exterior speaker system that plays locomotive sounds as you drive along. Maybe even a steam emitter for when you come to a stop. And make the horn sound like steam whistle.

Throw those in and I'm sold.

The grille opening...why is it only on one side of the Honda logo? Probably not the biggest problem with the car, but did they think "Aha, the Cube is only asymmetric from the back, we need to do that to the front to beat them! And we'll do that to the wheels too, everyone knows unbalanced wheels are great!"

@Kajun. Maybe a cow catcher too for an 'old west edition?'