Random Thoughts....

I've been reading about the Davy Crockett, a handheld nuclear bomb launcher (!) made by the US during the Cold War.

2,100 made and only ever once fired, in a test. 2-4km range, and anyone within 400m of the bomb's landing site would probably have been radiation-killed.

Utterly mad; thank God it was never fired in anger :/

Last edited:
My clementine had seeds in it, contrary to the package stating they were seedless. Sunkist, you're a bunch of lying sods!!

*goes to kitchen for another clementine*

Considering I have ordered dozens of books off Amazon I guess it was inevitable that one would come damaged. Interesting bit is that this was the second copy I ordered. The first time I ordered a copy and it turned out they were out of stock. Luckily I received a refund. Hopefully the third try will be successful.

is looks like it is a very interesting read, now i need to grow another year up, get a job and start purchasing posh stuff from the internet while saving to move to the US eventually.

The internet-Crack is cheaper

My clementine had seeds in it, contrary to the package stating they were seedless. Sunkist, you're a bunch of lying sods!!

*goes to kitchen for another clementine*
Aren't clementines out of season?
Nope, but it's getting close, would explain the seeds.

Last edited:
Yale has put one of their courses online in video form.

Roman Architecture

Course Description

This course is an introduction to the great buildings and engineering marvels of Rome and its empire, with an emphasis on urban planning and individual monuments and their decoration, including mural painting. While architectural developments in Rome, Pompeii, and Central Italy are highlighted, the course also provides a survey of sites and structures in what are now North Italy, Sicily, France, Spain, Germany, Greece, Turkey, Croatia, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, and North Africa. The lectures are illustrated with over 1,500 images, many from Professor Kleiner's personal collection.

Course Structure:
This Yale College course, taught on campus twice per week for 75 minutes, was recorded for Open Yale Courses in Spring 2009.

http://www.cosmolearning.com/courses/roman-architecture-288/

There are 24 lectures and each is a little over an hour long. At the moment I am in the middle of the second lecture. It is quite interesting.

Am I the only one whose 'friends' don't want to ever do anything?

No, I'm not. But it's really irritating.

I've been reading about the Davy Crockett, a handheld nuclear bomb launcher (!) made by the US during the Cold War.

2,100 made and only ever once fired, in a test. 2-4km range, and anyone within 400m of the bomb's landing site would probably have been radiation-killed.

Utterly mad; thank God it was never fired in anger :/

They have one of those in Fallout3 called Fat Man. I've only fired it once for laughs and once because I had the high ground over a squad of baddies in power-armor with battle robots. You use it too rarely to haul it around all the time.

They have one of those in Fallout3 called Fat Man. I've only fired it once for laughs and once because I had the high ground over a squad of baddies in power-armor with battle robots. You use it too rarely to haul it around all the time.

Wait till you get to the National Guard Depot and get the Experimental MIRV:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA2vyzRBYYM[/YOUTUBE]

Am I the only one whose 'friends' don't want to ever do anything?

No, I'm not. But it's really irritating.

I'm usually the friend who doesn't want to do anything. Or at least nothing that my "friends" would be willing to do too.

^same here, only i have to go to a party next week to bid farewell to one.

Our idea of "nothing" usually involves drunken Rock Band. We play the Serenity RPG once a week and sometimes do movies together.

When the weather is warmer I'm sure that there will be more exploring and camping. I know that Tiff and I are doing WinterCross this weekend.

I want to get the girls together for a "GIRLS" weekend away, but knowing them they'd all want to take their boyfriends with us, and that just ruins it.

In other news the ex-bf/bestfriend is talking to me! About UFC and cage fighting, but still, it's something.