Australian Open 2010

stevanford1

Car(s)
FN Mustang
First grand slam of the year. :) Sharapova already eliminated. :blink:

another grand slam cup comming to belgium :p

go kim!

Not that I expected anything else, but young Jason Kubler was thoroughly beaten today by Ivan Ljubicic 6-1, 6-2, 6-2. Normally wouldn't be worth mentioning except he was the youngest player at the tournament and I was good friends with his brother at school. Hopefully get to see Jason around a bit more in the future, if there's anyone I want to see do well in tennis it's him. His brother is easily the nicest person I have ever met and some rewards there would be good.

I agree full heartedly; she has a great ass! :cool:
But she has the face of a toad. :barf:

Lots of hot Eastern Europeans though, to be honest I barely watch womens tennis. Its pretty mediocre when compared to the amazing abilities of the men. After years of playing I can keep up with the womens game, but the mens is still so fast my eyes have trouble judging lines on the fly.

Plus I have been the biggest Roger fan since the beginning, so classy it hurts.

Good to see the dickheads are out on form yet again...

First major upset of the tournament: Robin S?derling is out to Marcel Granollers in five sets. Did not see this one coming for obvious reasons.

As for the whole tournament, I'm expecting we have a new champion at the end of two weeks. I don't believe Nadal will be able to defend his title and Federer's streak will come to en eventually and this year has a field to do just that. I'm picking Roddick, Djokovic and Davydenko as the prime candidates to challenge the world ranking 1 & 2. Roddick will have the hunger and last year saw him playing possibly the best tennis of his career. Davydenko is without a doubt the hottest player on tour right now, with a 9 match winnin streak and having beaten both Nadal and Federer in the same tournament, twice in a row. It seems the feisty russian has finally come to terms with his nervesm, the biggest single hinderance in his game so far. He has had the game, powerful groundstrokes, takes the ball early and is very scrappy - very poor man's Agassi. But until the Master's Cup last year he had only proven his skills at choking big games.

Djokovic didn't have the best of season's in 2009, not from May onwards anyway. But I have this funny feeling he will come out strong this year. Murray I still think isn't there yet - he has to change his strategy because while his pusher-counter puncher game works well with lower ranked opponents, it will crumble with the big boys, as seen lat year at Wimbledon for example - Roddick completely dismantled his game. And I find this very annoying since he has the firepower, ha can serve in the high 120s consistently, he can hit the ball big and hard....and yet he resorts to this boring pusher tactic. Murray has the fitness, one of the best on tour and he has the weapons....now it's up to him and his coach to harness all that potential an unleashe it.

As for the women's side...well clearly it's all about the Belgians: Clijsters is the hot favorite to win the tournament and Henin has already shown she can still play ball like there's no tomorrow. This year would be the first one since...god knows when that I am watching women's tennis - just because of these two. Especially Henin, she has the most wonderful game of any recent female player, a true all courter and a one handed backhand. I will be rooting hard for her come Wimbledon so she could complete her career Grand Slam.

Predictions:

Winner - Men: Roddick (if he catches fire, this can happen)
Runner up - Men: Nadal

Winner - Women: Clijsters (no real opposition, save it for Serena Williams)
Runner up - Women: Serena Williams (even though Clijsters did it, I don't think Henin will be able to make such an explosive return to the tour and she will fall in the semis)

On the womens side I hope Henin wins, she has the prettiest game. The way her one handed backhand flows, using her core as a whip to generate all that power, truly one of the nicest shots on tour.

On the womens side I hope Henin wins, she has the prettiest game. The way her one handed backhand flows, using her core as a whip to generate all that power, truly one of the nicest shots on tour.

she won't :)

won't be able to control her nerves...

I saw Clijsters and Henin battle it out at the Sydney international on the telly. Henin has all she needs, but it still didn't deliver as well as Clijsters, who just seemed to have the better hand IMO.

Wow. Cilic just downed Tomic but the 17 year old put up a hell of a fight. At that age there's no way he can have the match fitness the 14th best player in the world has so to take it to five sets is an achievement; if only he could take some of the real pressure points maybe it would be the other way. All things considered, Australian tennis seems to have a bright future. For the immediate future, might have to settle for watching all the others - you know, those world best players... mildly, but not really disappointing :p

I saw Clijsters and Henin battle it out at the Sydney international on the telly. Henin has all she needs, but it still didn't deliver as well as Clijsters, who just seemed to have the better hand IMO.

Did you see the fight she put up yesterday? Dont count the female Roger of a few years ago out.

Long ass battle between Baghdaddadadaddis and Ferrero Rocher.

^:(

go yanina wickmaeyer :p

she won't win though...

What? Clijsters gone? That's BS. Anyway, I'm off to the tennis tommorow so I will hopefully get some good shots on the outside courts (unfortunately can't get tickets to the arenas cause they cost extra)

Has Serena changed her tude yet? I just saw the last part of her match.