Unveiled: Mini Countryman official photos leaked

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
Here is your new Mini Countryman, the latest model from the ever expanding Mini range. As you can see, the Countryman (also sometimes called the Mini Crossover) is a bit bigger than other Minis, and sports four doors ? five if you count the hatch. You'll also note the "All4" badge on the back, indicating that the Countryman is AWD, a first for the brand.

You also might be noticing that the Countryman has different headlights (which we find quite attractive), as well as a new grille treatment. There's definitely a bit of baby Porsche Cayenne going on up front and in the stance, though it's clearly still a Mini. We will say, however, we're surprised at how dissimilar the production version looks from the concept we saw a year or so back. Here, too.

We know that because of 2009 and all the economic misery it entailed, Mini decided to delay the launch of the Countryman, at least here in the U.S. Meaning that you're going to have to either wait until October, or move to Europe to get your hands on one. Expect more details to follow soon.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/19/mini-countryman-official-photos-leaked/

2uhl2lt.jpg

70jmuw.jpg

344sjg8.jpg

:|

Holy shit! You guys tellin' me that the concept looks better then the production unit?! Now i have heard everything!

According to MINI's website, we weren't suppose to see the British firm's new crossover model before February 7, but the first photos of the five-door model have found their way onto the internet. Likely to be named either Countryman or Crossman, it will be first MINI to get an optional all-wheel-drive system, four doors, four full-size seats and measure approximately four meters in length.

Not surprisingly, the production model looks almost identical to the Beachcomber concept that premiered in Detroit - sans the fact that it comes equipped with doors and a rooftop.

The crossover's interior styling is typical MINI with the usual dashboard layout that employs a gargantuan-sized speedo on the center console. We assume that this model will be more practical that other MINIs.

The logos on the car reveal that it's a Cooper S model equipped with the automaker's new ALL4 all-wheel drive system.

Expect to see an official release and more photos coming out shortly.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-mini-countryman-crossover-first.html

Bigger pictures:

9asqkk.jpg

3166vpz.jpg

2ag934g.jpg

I don't like Minis, so it's no surprise I don't like that either.

I like it! I still hate the Mini dash, but I like the exterior.

well, it doesn?t actually look that bad, better than I expected at least...

But do we really need to start converting hot hatchbacks into SUVs now? My mom would probably love this one :?

Necessary evil I suppose. Although the talk of the "car" version of this to compete with the GTI sounds interesting. What would be really interesting is if the awd system would be available on future, regular Minis.

I think that looks alright actually. Better than the normal Clubman in fact.

Sort of want. But MINI still needs to do a modern day version of the Moke IMHO.

Sorry but pointless car is pointless, this makes as much as sense as the X6, imo.

i think it looks better than the concepts :unsure: