The "New Toys" Thread

I only sit in one spot in front of the screen, and it's hundreds of dollars cheaper. I am very satisfied with my Acer H213H for the money.

^ Same here... I don't do any sort of PS on it, just surfing and gaming and a bit of word stuff... Why should I spend twice to money again???!

I bought the Dell 2209WA for under $200 after cash back, so you don't need to spend a fortune for a non-TN panel. But people keep buying TN so I doubt the prices of E-IPS or S-IPS will go down quickly.

I use that as a TV and sit straight on, same goes for my 226CW. The colours are fine for me, I'm honestly not bothered in the slightest that it's an inferior panel to something a lot more expensive. :)

I find myself having buyers remorse. I just bought a new camera, HDD, and BD-Drive.

Nikon D3000:

41YQdDS1W2L._SS400_.jpg

Great deal at Amazon with a tripod for a hair of $500. Then I decided to buy a 2TB Seagate drive to house my movie collection and a Plextor SATA BD-Rom to start ripping my BDs.

It's not the best I've seen but it's acceptable. That type of thing doesn't really bother my unless it's VERY bad.

LGT-910-000840.jpg

It's not a weight, you attach that to your laptop, so you can attach your mouse to your laptop
like this
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blitzr/2010/01/23/logitech-v-550-nano-laser-mouse.jpg

BlitzR is correct :D

Although I don't plan on using mine. And they said it was supposed to come with one in black and one in silver, but I got 2 silver ones instead......

benq_g2420hdb_1.jpg

BenQ G2420HDB

That's for my laptop. 24 inches is better than 12 inches for desk use.

And a little later few of these:
samsung-f2-eco-green-500gb-s300-16mb-internal-hard-drive-hd502hi-l.jpg

Samsung F2 Ecogreen 1TB

Along with PCI-SATA -card from ebay for $1,39 (for the card, not hdds) [if I ever get it]

And those are for my NAS.

Last edited:
I'm sure they're fine, but I've always been hesitant of any hard drive not made by Seagate ore WD.

I would have gone with WD, but I couldn't find them anywhere with reasonable price and instant delivery. They are going to RAID-5 with two WD drives, so I'm not that worried.

Last edited:
My brother's been running an ancient 40 GB Maxtor we had lying around for a while now, still works fine :dunno:

I've only been subject to a single hard drive failure in my lifetime though, and it was a work laptop so no idea what kind.