Replacing my Fox

Detailed thoughts will follow as soon as I've got the car :) so far I've driven more with the turbo+supercharger 1.4 TSI in the Golf GT than with the just-turbo 1.4 TSI in the Octavia. Both are nice though. Something actually happens when you put your foot down, as opposed to the 40kW in the Fox :lol: 0-62 in about 18s FTL.
Can't tell real-life fuel figures yet of course, brochure claims niceness... the Golf was drinking madly while I had it, basically because it wasn't mine, I got it full and didn't need to fill up before giving it back :dance:

...nice seal :rolleyes:

Picked it up today :mouse: all is well.

Swapped tyres on the dealer car park as well, horribly cold :cry:

Dark outside, so no pictures (yet? :rolleyes:).

Some nice non-steel wheels and that would be a sharp looking car (not that it isn't already a good looking wagon... nicer than the new Outback, as much as it pains the fanboy inside of me to say that).

I gotta say, though, it looks like you can fit anything you might possibly need in the back of that thing! I know I was surprised how much stuff I could fit in my little Impreza when I folded the seats down. Just had to get a little creative around the rear strut-tower brace I fitted, and I fit a lot of stuff in such a small car!

Enjoy your new purchase. I are jealous of your turbo. I can has it? Please? Will trade you... something. I have... uh... stock Impreza springs. Low mileage!

I gotta say, though, it looks like you can fit anything you might possibly need in the back of that thing!

Indeed, it's huge in the back. Me likes :lol: not necessarily for filling it up to the top, but for throwing stuff in without having to think/worry.

Enjoy your new purchase. I are jealous of your turbo. I can has it? Please? Will trade you... something. I have... uh... stock Impreza springs. Low mileage!

Mhhhh I think I'll pass. I need some more turbo badges though, ones like Jeremy had on his Volvo :lmao:

Fine fine... I'll give you my friend's Legacy truck. It was a 1992 Legacy wagon until he got bored and cut the roof off the back of it. The car that started out as a FWD Legacy wagon has become an AWD Legacy pickup truck. You won't see anything like it in ALL of Germany!

(maybe that's a good thing...)

Congrats to your purchase!

Clearly the more sensible option than the Citroen i recommended :p

Still, what is that famed job about?

Got the signed contract in the mail today :D in a huge IT services provider in an even huger media conglomerate, mostly around here. Limited to two months for now for writing my master's thesis over the summer, with the option of continuing afterwards :nod:

The Citroen may be nice as a waftmobile, but this is already scarily quiet. My car life was a continuous process from ewww that's loud to scarily quiet :D VW T3 Multivan Diesel ... Loud. Very loud. VW Fox ... ok, but not the best in terms of sound deadening. Opel Astra ... pretty good already. The Octavia ... :blink: is it running? Really? Cool.

Last edited:
My girlfriend's family lives near the evil empire's HQ as her father works for the other big company there (he works in IT. Somehow most of the girls i ever dated have fathers working in IT). So if you really are moving there for some months, i can drop by some day when visiting the in-laws. :)

^^ that said, G?tersloh sucks ass.

So: HA HA!

I'm not going there for the beautiful scenery :lol: already have my vacation spot over here/on the Baltic Sea.

My girlfriend's family lives near the evil empire's HQ as her father works for the other big company there (he works in IT. Somehow most of the girls i ever dated have fathers working in IT). So if you really are moving there for some months, i can drop by some day when visiting the in-laws. :)

For now I'll be there mid-February to mid-April, barring some weekends for exams. Just look for 15 feet of silver sensibleness :lmao:

You should probably consult a doctor about that IT thing...

MacGuffin just got a new coworker!

:unsure: :blink: :wave: :lol:

Having fun with the Danish documentation of the car right now :lol: the combined 1-2 years of vacation over there finally pay off.

Last edited:
For now I'll be there mid-February to mid-April, barring some weekends for exams. Just look for 15 feet of silver sensibleness :lmao:

I'll definitely be there around the easter weekend... we'll meet again, young Jedi...

For the uber-curious out there :lol: too friggin cold to do proper pictures, so I took one from the warmth of the house...

...yes I know, no proof of ownership (yet).

Here's the Fox a few days ago :lmao:

Isn't the wind/tire noise quite significant in those, or was it just the pre-facelift models? I remember the old one feeling like a tin can at highway speeds :)

The Octavia Forum did report some issues with a seal in the front doors that created more noise. Didn't go over 100kph yet, nothing bad there. Partially the wind noise complaints could be due to the quiet engine :D a guy said he both drives a diesel and petrol Octavia and he only notices the wind noise in the petrol car.
Will check of course when I'm going faster :nod:

:blowup:
Great. The Kraftfahrzeugzulassungsstelle (DMV) has fucked up. Royally.
Just a reminder, I've got an Octavia estate 1.4 TSI petrol, 90kW.
The type code in my papers claims I've got a Fabia estate 1.4 TDI diesel, 55kW.
The text in my papers claims I've got an Octavia sedan 1.4 TSI petrol, 90kW.
...too bad my insurance company is using the type code only, so I got a mail asking for papers on my power increase - apparently a computer noticed that 55kW isn't the same as 90kW. Time to shout at some beamten (clerk)

Isn't the wind/tire noise quite significant in those, or was it just the pre-facelift models? I remember the old one feeling like a tin can at highway speeds :)

Didn't go over 160 yet due to the snow, no significant noise up to that.