The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

atgatt.jpg

He's clearly doing his own maintenance, so gear is not required.

Ask Pininfarina how he feels about wearing gear.

Oh, wait...

Pff, Eye-talians don't need gear when cutting up traffic at 15mph on their Vespas, they have the divine power of those weird-ass horns seen hanging on the mirrors of Escalades to save them.

180px-cornicello.gif

Pff, Eye-talians don't need gear when cutting up traffic at 15mph on their Vespas, they have the divine power of those weird-ass horns seen hanging on the mirrors of Escalades to save them.

180px-cornicello.gif

Yeah... that didn't seem to work so well on the Ford Fiesta that rammed him at the intersection, or on the car he hit when he landed.

http://img291.imageshack.**/img291/8974/motivator9049597vj1.jpg

:whistle:

^I like the sv1000s, to bad they cut the power down from the original version of that engine...

If that girl rides like that, she's not going to be pretty for long....

If that girl rides like that, she's not going to be pretty for long....

This.

Plus it always bugged me posing semi-nude women on motorcycles. I always thought that a real woman who really rides is much sexier - especially in leather.

Vicki.jpg

This is sexier than any model in a bikini.

This.

Plus it always bugged me posing semi-nude women on motorcycles. I always thought that a real woman who really rides is much sexier - especially in leather.

This is sexier than any model in a bikini.

Agree completely. Also, those models usually block the view...:p

:)

EDIT: This was taken during one of AFM's (a CA racing club) A Femmes weekend.

:thumbsup:

yes atgatt is the smarter choice, but its so nerdy...

If i wasn't wearing my gear when i had my crash last August, my 20% chance of survival would have been 0% ..Excuse me for being nerdy.

If i wasn't wearing my gear when i had my crash last August, my 20% chance of survival would have been 0% ..Excuse me for being nerdy.

If you weren't a big believer in gear before, I would bet you are now....

Having been hit by a truck on the freeway, I'm a believer in gear. I was fully geared up when I was hit and I managed to walk away with two relatively small fractures to my left arm. I didn't get any roadrash at all and even when the bike landed on my foot during the crash, my boot protected my foot from breaks and abrasion.

Without gear I would have had rash from my head, down my shoulder and back, down my left side all the way to my foot.

So yeah, I'll take "nerdy" over "6 weeks in the burn ward and multiple skin grafts."

The only crash I ever had was a stupid 10MPH lowside and yet I got a HUGE bruise on my forearm (bike landed on it), rash on my left knee (wearing regular jeans) and a bruised left ankle (regular boots).
Judging by how much I got hurt, I felt underprotected and swore to never ride without wearing PROPER riding gear again.