Mass Effect 2

You need to read the Codex more :p

How were you able to get a biotic power as a soldier in the first game? I don't remember that.

Maybe it was a recent update. I'll check again tomorrow, just for you. ;) But if memory serves, I went soldier --> spacer --> sole survivor.

Game is too short.. completed it already.

Good game, but too short and not quite the RPG-FPS ME1 was.

What difficulty did you play on? I'm playing on Hard and having a blast because some of the bigger battles are actually quite challenging. If you play on Easy or Normal of course it's going to be a breeze. Also, did you do any side quests/exploring/mining?

Well I just bought ME1 yesterday, should be breaking it in tonight. Any suggestions before I start out on what class to pick?

Try Vanguard, it's a beast in ME1. Although you can only use shotguns (unless you picked a bonus power after unlocking it by playing through the game once, which obviously you probably have not), just drop 2 heat sinks mods into that and you'll never worry about overheating.

I haven't even started ME2, so I was talking about what you can do in ME1. ;) I checked 2 days ago.

Are you talking about starting a new character after unlocking that particular Achievement that is tied to a specific power/weapon in a previous playthrough? See this:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Bonus_Talent#Bonus_Talents

Last edited:
What difficulty did you play on? I'm playing on Hard and having a blast because some of the bigger battles are actually quite challenging. If you play on Easy or Normal of course it's going to be a breeze. Also, did you do any side quests/exploring/mining?

Try Vanguard, it's a beast in ME1. Although you can only use shotguns (unless you picked a bonus power after unlocking it by playing through the game once, which obviously you probably have not), just drop 2 heat sinks mods into that and you'll never worry about overheating.

Are you talking about starting a new character after unlocking that particular Achievement that is tied to a specific power/weapon in a previous playthrough? See this:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Bonus_Talent#Bonus_Talents
Ooooh... must be that, yeah. :(

Well, you could just start as a biotic, not go anywhere and use the power you want to use 75 times, end the game, start a new character. :p

Last edited:
Did it on hard, completed most of the sidequests+exploring+mining.

Did it on hard, completed most of the sidequests+exploring+mining.

How????? I'm more than halfway to 16 hours and I haven't even recruited my whole team yet.

Yeah, I'm not understanding it either. I can't agree ya either, Quiky. I think it's just long enough. But, whatever. I love it either way.

Last edited:
16 hours, completed everything @ level 28. Imo, a replay isn't worth it.

Dude, no offence but i call bullshit.

Im on hour 30 and i still havent even recruited everyone. you had to have missed ALOT of stuff

Real world Miranda is blonde but otherwise quite similar.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/01/29/yvonne-strahovski.jpg

Finally a good main sidekick who isnt an whining bitch (cough Ashley Williams ;)).

Last edited:
got my game first thing this morning and enjoying every moment of the game so far.

just got to the part where i can finally get behind the wheel of the new Normandy. All i can say is that i fricking love this new ship. It was really weird walking around the original Normandy as it was falling apart. kind of a shame that the moment i'm back with her is the same moment that she was falling apart.
my favorite moment so far
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YObm5tpb2I[/youtube]

Really like all the little touches and having imported one of my original ME1 characters it really feels like a continuation of the game i played. Even down to the little things like visiting Shepards quarters on the Normandy and there being a little picture of Ashley on his desk.

Last edited:
Real world Miranda is blonde but otherwise quite similar.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/01/29/yvonne-strahovski.jpg

Finally a good main sidekick who isnt an whining bitch (cough Ashley Williams ;)).

I know, and as an Australian myself it's even better hearing her Aussie accent in there ;)

This game is definitely the best looking game on the 360. Graphics are absolutely stellar. Many of the characters look like they belong in a CG movie, not a real-time game.

I'm at hour 24 and I just got my last team member. Still lots of side quests to do and places to explore. Still need to do a couple more "loyalty" quests too.

Dude, no offence but i call bullshit.

Im on hour 30 and i still havent even recruited everyone. you had to have missed ALOT of stuff
I had everyone recruited+loyal, and most of the sidequests(from random planets, and in the main areas of the game), got to home-base with miranda(rawr), and a bunch of other spoilers. It really wasn't that difficult to do.. I'll try insanity mode and playthrough as a "good" person this time and see what happens.

Legion is great on your team when it gets the Widowmaker.

Just got done. 32 hours. I was able to save everyone. No one on my team was lost. This is some of the best gaming I've ever played with this platform.

For a non-spoiler way I feel about the end: Fucking WOW! That was insane.

Now, for the spoiler version.

Damn it, that dog fight before landing on the collector base is awesome. And that last boss... terminator, robot... thing. Fucking nuts. Good thing I had that nuke launcher. I knew it would come in handy.