Random Thoughts....

One of my best friends is moving away indefinitely..:cry: (okay for a year but most of the time they stay there)

Side notes

- My friend's homework tonight was would the iPad be successful?
- I saw a douchey looking kid about the same age as me climb into a RR Phantom...I was mortified.

Last edited:
I'm so going to hell. One of my friends just said she wanted to steal my dogs after seeing photos of them, and I immediately cracked up laughing because one of them is dead and probably quite decayed under a paver in the front yard and the image of her creeping into our garden at night to disinter him was just hilarious. I'm awful.

I'm so going to hell. One of my friends just said she wanted to steal my dogs after seeing photos of them, and I immediately cracked up laughing because one of them is dead and probably quite decayed under a paver in the front yard and the image of her creeping into our garden at night to disinter him was just hilarious. I'm awful awesome.

FTFY.

ETA: I'm alone in the office today. No heat, so it's cold. And the motion sensor for the lights doesn't see me, so it gets dark if I sit at my desk for more than ten minutes. Staying awake today is going to be a challenge to say the least.

Last edited:
Sick burn!

Or she stepped away from the computer because there was a knock at the door/her dinner caught fire/her dog started eating the houseplants/parents called/who knows how many other legitimate reasons.

AIM is bad that way.

She lives in a dorm right?

Fire alarm is a good bet.

I only lived in dorms for one year of college but the first gf I had in college lived in them the whole time and so did the second one who is my wife.

Someone was always pulling the fire alarm and they would just disappear but the worst was one night with gf number one at her dorm in WAM. We were having sex just getting to the climax, massive pun intended, when the fire alarm goes off.

Is it real is it fake who knows? Finish and risk burning to death or dying of smoke inhalation or ruin what had been a very good night and make a run for it?

We ended up running for it and throwing the bare minimum of clothes on because we did actually start smelling smoke.

It was kind of like that scene from knocked up outside after the earth quake with all the neighbors standing around half naked as this was late on a sat night.

Turns out someone did start a fire cooking something in the communal kitchen down the hall so there was a real fire. :| :blink:

First time that happened in the three years I visited her at school.

Oh yeah, the postman brought cd:s again. Being Ridden Instrumentals by Cex and the Morrissey '88-'95 singles 3CD compilation.

Climate Change - can I have a nice balmy and warm mediterranean like climate for the English South Coast please?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article7005327.ece

Read that and it appears that he is not too bright - NEVER EVER EVER put anything on a computer that you do not want your worst enememy to see. What a Dick head!

Good one is that they broke the law by not supplying the requested information but the law was time barred. It was only time barred because you have to exhaust the 'procedures' of the government institution to obtain the information - appeals and so forth, but that took longer than 3 months and the time bar is. ... yep 3 months. D'oh!

Your country is like, the Japan of Scandinavia. Except 1000% less weird.
But unlike in Japan you can talk on your mobile on the train. Although people might want you to keep it down, but they wont come up and tell you to shut up that's for sure. Here people are thought to know when they are in the way or rude. 'Excuse me, can I get through' is something very un-Finnish to say if someone blocking your path. They should know they are on the way damn bastards!
Hey, now! I love me some Swedes. I will fight to the death to defend the awesomeness of Swedes.

But also Finns. So I probably wouldn't want to fight you.
We are both Canada for each other in American perspective. We secretly luw our neighbors but never admit it because that's for sissies.
Look on the bright side, dude...at least you're not 23!
You have never had a girlfriend? Well, I hope you get lucky with some hot chick very soon. :D

I have neither, but I'm from the Internet so it's really the norm.

Bastards! All boobs are great, smaller win enormous plastic balls every time. Someone must have shares in the implant business. :mad:

But unlike in Japan you can talk on your mobile on the train. Although people might want you to keep it down, but they wont come up and tell you to shut up that's for sure. Here people are thought to know when they are in the way or rude. 'Excuse me, can I get through' is something very un-Finnish to say if someone blocking your path. They should know they are on the way damn bastards!

I come from a country where no one knows where they are at any given time, and everyone thinks it's perfectly okay to stop dead in the middle of a crowded corridor or congregate with all their friends in doorways, hallway intersections, and at the tops of escalators and stairways. I would like to live in Finland. Is there room for me? I promise I'm not rude in public and I never block people's paths. I'm very careful about that. Also, I'm perfectly comfortable with silence. Especially silence among strangers. (I wouldn't try to talk, anyway; the only Finnish I know is very, very rude.)

We are both Canada for each other in American perspective. We secretly luw our neighbors but never admit it because that's for sissies.

Whew! What a relief. I'd hate to have to break up a fight between the two of you. You northern Europeans are a very tall lot and it's kind of scary sometimes.

She lives in a dorm right?

Fire alarm is a good bet.

The dorm I lived in last year had 16 fire alarms in the first 3 months.

Sixteen.

Fortunately, none of them went off when I was with a girl (esp. considering the one I was usually with lived a few floors downstairs). It'd be like a sitcom!

The dorm I lived in last year had 16 fire alarms in the first 3 months.

Sixteen.

Fortunately, none of them went off when I was with a girl (esp. considering the one I was usually with lived a few floors downstairs). It'd be like a sitcom!

Yeah it rarely happened in my dorm and I only lived there one year so the couple of times I did happen I wasn't with anyone. I think part of it had to do with the fact that we were in the Upper Quad which is corps of cadets dorms mostly and they wouldn't put up for that kind of shit.

It happened all the time in Pritcher hall the largest all male dorm on the east coast. Some 2,000 18-21 year old guys all stuffed into a seven or eight story building that looks a bit like a cell block. Of course they lost all their soda and snack machines from the third floor and up because they would toss them out of the stairwell landing windows... :? :|

Both my gfs in college were in schools a good distance from me. One, the one I married, about an hour or so not too bad and the other about 5 hours so pretty far. The girl who went to WAM at her first dorm an all freshman dorm was always getting fire alarms but only that one time were we in the act. Half naked out on the street in Nov isn't so great luckily it doesn't get that cold in South East VA.

Eating lunch in Stein Eriksen's at Deer Valley resort and mother of God am I full, it is going to be terrible skiing after this. Prime rib, game hen, lamb t-bones, mussels, clams, lobster, etc; I'm so full I could cry.

Our 17-year-old intern just referred to the murder of John Lennon as "that guy who like shot that Beatles guy or whatever?"

I am going to slink off into a corner and feel old now.

From a company description at an upcoming career fair:

"Listen. Hear that? Something just clicked into place. A connection between buyer and seller. And we made it happen. For small businesses, that connection is vital. It?s the difference between making ends meet and making it big. Between writing down losses and ringing-up sales. For consumers, we are a source of confidence. An assurance of quality. A connection to indispensable services. We make introductions. Supply, meet demand. We are matchmakers in the marketplace. Allies, advisors and advocates of local businesses. We specialize in results. Click-here results. Ring-the-phone results. Knock-on-the-door results. Click. Ring. Knock. That?s the sound of business growing. We are more than media.

We are over and above and beyond media.

We are SuperMedia."

I?m sorry, what?

:?

Our 17-year-old intern just referred to the murder of John Lennon as "that guy who like shot that Beatles guy or whatever?"

I am going to slink off into a corner and feel old now.

xkcd-911.jpg

From a company description at an upcoming career fair:
"Between writing down losses and ringing-up ringing up sales."

FTFYThem

Gad, what a headache-inducing piece of copy. Yech!

I get 90 of those every Monday night. They're adorable, but I still find it kind of depressing.

Last edited: