Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Yeah. I was testing how well my laptop could play BC2 (everything on bottom, 1280x800, runs fine, drops to like 15ish fps at the lowest, A- playability) and played a few rounds with Devil. The friends list showed him as offline but I clicked the little join button and was able to join him. I go play on my desktop and then the game tells me I have no friends (that's real nice, dick)

Seems like everyone has figured out its much easier to destroy the building containing the mcom rather than destroying the actual mcom. It can get done pretty fast when you have a team of snipers mortaring it, tanks hitting it, and assault people grenading it.

Is it just me or is the game really hard for attackers?

Just from the short demo however, it is clear to me:

BC2 >>>>>>> MW2

Some comments:
-sound engineering is absolutely phenomenal. doppler effects and distance lag really sells it self well
-bullets seem to do not much. Its annoying having to unload nearly a full clip of 5.45x39 into somebody before they go down
-sniper bullets aren't very effective. A few times I was 90% certain I had headshots, and I did indeed hit my target, but they didn't go down. I guess this will be fixed with hardcore mode
-concussion effects of explosions is awesome
-paratrooping in is a really cool addition
-gun animations are awesome (just as before)
-hope the final version has a greater assortment of firearms. Ideally this would be HUNDREDS :D

Last edited:
wow... tried the demo on the 360..... and wow... what a joke fps games is on a gamepad..... no to mention kids on the microphone... and 30 fps? lol? my eyes are starting to bleed :cry:

-sniper bullets aren't very effective. A few times I was 90% certain I had headshots, and I did indeed hit my target, but they didn't go down. I guess this will be fixed with hardcore mode

That's because fuck snipers. Sniper rifle damage drops off like a mother and one shot kills (ie. headshots killing in one bullet) are only possible in relatively close range. And the bullets leave a nice big smoke trail. And there's a kill cam. DICE know what they're doing... fucking snipers, because fuck snipers.

That's because fuck snipers. Sniper rifle damage drops off like a mother and one shot kills (ie. headshots killing in one bullet) are only possible in relatively close range. And the bullets leave a nice big smoke trail. And there's a kill cam. DICE know what they're doing... fucking snipers, because fuck snipers.

also, i read there is actually quite a bit of influence on bullets by gravity... so the longer the shot, the further you have to aim above the head to actually hit it :?

in port valdez i actually think they did quite a good job of making life at least a little hard for snipers, so they're not a constant pain in the ass and just pick you from everywhere.
i think the apache is actually quite a bit worse... :mad:

Ah, just like BF2, chopper gunners rack up kills like nobody's business :lol: If the tanks and medics and people on stationary MGs allshoot at the heli it goes down fast, otherwise... yeah... but, hey, it doesn't get free health at the heli pad and it takes a couple minutes to respawn.

Yes, they did put in bullet drop. I like it. But they do need to up the power.

And I can't fly the Apache. It's so touchy. But I do okay with the Blackhawk.

I practically won a whole round by myself. We were down to like 15 tickets and had not even made it past the first checkpoint/base yet. So I got in a tank and just started throwing rounds down into their base around where objective B was. I ended up killing like 15 guys 2 vehicles and actually destroying the satcom thing just blind firing from 1/8 mile away. At this point they had not even damaged my tank and me and my gunner (himself with quite a few kills) went and took the next base the exact same way. It wasn't until the third base did they actually kill me. Then I got the assault kit out and we just cleaned up after that.

edit: I only countersnipe the guys who camp. I love the guys who just go to the exact same place every round....so easy to pick off.

Last edited:
I practically won a whole round by myself. We were down to like 15 tickets and had not even made it past the first checkpoint/base yet. So I got in a tank and just started throwing rounds down into their base around where objective B was. I ended up killing like 15 guys 2 vehicles and actually destroying the satcom thing just blind firing from 1/8 mile away. At this point they had not even damaged my tank and me and my gunner (himself with quite a few kills) went and took the next base the exact same way. It wasn't until the third base did they actually kill me. Then I got the assault kit out and we just cleaned up after that.

edit: I only countersnipe the guys who camp. I love the guys who just go to the exact same place every round....so easy to pick off.

so the same problem as with the apache.
not enough team-play going on. nothing that can't be easily fixed ;)

I have sniping from sniper hill...I usually snipe when I'm on defense becasue well I know every spot a sniper will be if we hold them long enough :)

<3 the Thompson s/p? +c4 :D

i've never gone near anything that goes airborne. i have a nasty habit of meeting the ground again seconds later. i found the console version easily playable but like another poster mentioned about the kids. it is a unfortunate by-product of console games now mostly. majority of the time i just mute them. especially in a game like this which is more built on teamwork than just run and gun.

There's little chatter on the pc side, although voip is possible.

Shit: I crashed when I just had over 50 kills as gunner in a tank :(!!! :mad:

Edit 2: I maxed out in the Beta :)

Last edited:
This game is funny, I crashed a chopper into a building ended up half upside down, switched to the gun and blew up 4 tanks and got 10+ kills. Although the aiming got a little confusing, up was right right was down and so on...

All in all pretty fun i might buy it for 360 when it's released depening on if my buddies get it or not.

On the delicate matter of "prone": Prone? Prone? We don't need no steenking prones! But no, really, it's fine. What the tards don't seem to realize is that Bad Company is a seperate series from other Battlefields. Yes, BC is a console game at heart. Is that really such a bad thing? No. The only people who think it is are PC gamers who are butthurt over consoles being a million times more profitable than PC gaming (I prefer PC for most genres, btw). Being a consolized Battlefield series means that, well for one thing we have a single player campaign, but also that the multiplayer is geared to be faster paced, kill kill kill. Prone opposes the goal of fast paced and balanced objective based multiplayer.

BF2 is far from fast paced, with the exception of high player count infantry only city map servers, but the game was never made with that in mind and the players found it to be fun and now 99.9% of all BF2 servers are 24/7 Karkand 64 inf only. So, clearly, the people want fast paced gameplay. So then, how does prone fit into this whole shebang? Well, with proning on an assault/defense gametype you end up with all the defenders laying down in bushes, now the game doesn't move, the attackers have to snipe all the hiding defenders before they can get anywhere near the objective, defenders respawn and set up again before the attackers can move in.

Remove prone, now you can only hide behind waist-height objects and not 2x4s. You can be killed easier (which is counter-balanced by being able to kill the enemy easier, so to complain about being easier to kill means you suck and can't aim) which means you have to move. Players are forced to run around, attackers can approach the defenders easier, the game moves faster and is more intense and not a big snipefest. Also, you can't dolphin dive, camping is nerfed, and crouched accuracy is now the highest accuracy so you can retain mobility while having good accuracy - again, the game moves faster.

aaanyways, yeah, I very much like this game. I'm probably only going to play conquest in the full game even though rush is pretty cool (and way better than stupid Titan mode, oooh look at that, a million claymores, c4, hallways lined with proned machine gunners.... great idea guys)

Last edited:
Most of the people on various battlefield forums who whined about there not being prone have stopped whining, as they have seen by playing that the game is no worse off without it.

I have a feeling that it will be included in the final PC release though.