New Gaming Keyboard

some13

Car(s)
Miata
I am looking for some advice, so if this thread belongs in Technology Help.. well, idk if I can move it.
Anyways, I am in need of a keyboard for my gaming rig. I've been browsing NewEgg every so often but cant decide among the 400 they offer, and thought that some of you would be familiar with some good ones.

Here are the points that I want to hit on:
-sub $100
-backlit, I look at my hands while typing, and I REALLY want green, because thats what color my case leds are
-macros
-gaming oriented
-not one of those silly wavy ones

I am looking at these, but cant decide:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126087
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109063

help me out?

I am interested in this thread - my Logitech G15 just died recently. So I won't be going that way again, but am curious about the Sidewinder...

I have a Razer Lycosa and it's one of the best gaming keyboards around for that price IMHO ($80)

lycosa_spot.jpg

I really wish Logitech still made the G11
79399a9fab754144b2fc58abb2eeecb8.jpg

The G110 looks nice, but I can't find a picture of the right side to see if the buttons at the top are for controlling audio/video (back/forward, play/stop). If so, then that'd be my choice. But I'm still holding strong with my Logitech Elite :)

If you need lcd screen and macro g19, if not , then get a mechanical keyboard. Another suggestion would be a wolfking keyboard.

Features tab, bottom right. They are media keys, and the colors are customizable so you can change them when you move on to a new color for case fans. I've heard many good things about the Lycosa as well.

Which ever Logitech gaming keyboard you can get your hands on.

Which ever Logitech gaming keyboard you can get your hands on.

See, for me, that didn't work. I had a G15 since they released - only keyboard I have ever had just have keys stop working. (And I have barely gamed on the thing in at least 18 months.)

Evidently the X6 has issues that it cannot take 4 inputs at once. So if you are playing an FPS and are crouching and walking in two directions if you click another key (to reload) it wont work.

I currently have a Z-Board which was the original version of the Steel Series one that was linked, I love the whole gaming (the big arrows) aspect of it and the keyboard has held up very well for over 5 years. Mine is slightly different so I can't tell you how good the Steel Series one is exactly.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823239006
another contender, but do not like the lack of green

I currently have a Z-Board which was the original version of the Steel Series one that was linked, I love the whole gaming (the big arrows) aspect of it and the keyboard has held up very well for over 5 years. Mine is slightly different so I can't tell you how good the Steel Series one is exactly.

I have the zBoard as well. When/if my current keyboard gives up the ghost, the Steel Series or something very similar to it will be its replacement. The custom gaming keypad on my keyboard is amazing and makes gaming (particularly FPS games) a hell of a lot easier because it's very ergonomic. I hope I never have to go back to gaming on a keyboard that only has a conventional layout.

the new Sidewinder allows 24 keys to be pressed at once.

I have a Razer Lycosa and it's one of the best gaming keyboards around for that price IMHO ($80)

lycosa_spot.jpg

I have to disagree with that
The media keys are useless, they dont work unless they're clean enough to operate on, and even though the keys look like laptop keys they are actually more uncomfortable and noisy then a bunch of bricks in a washing machine
Mine lasted about a week before i replaced it with my dinovo

the new Sidewinder allows 24 keys to be pressed at once.

I need something like this..... I stopped playing Frets on Fire because on every keyboard I own, pressing the 4+5 keys disables all other keys.

It's a keyboard thread sorry I have to add this. No it isn't backlit, no it doesn't have any extra keys, but no other keyboard feels as good to type on.

pckeyboards_2065_1364316

http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/customizer.html

IBM was the de facto type writer company, they knew how to make a proper keyboard with good feedback.

See, for me, that didn't work. I had a G15 since they released - only keyboard I have ever had just have keys stop working. (And I have barely gamed on the thing in at least 18 months.)

Return it to Logitech and they will give you a new one with no questions asked.

I've had about 3 free upgrades from Logitech already. Every time I bring a dead product back to them, they will just give me something new & better in return :mrgreen:

I have to disagree with that
The media keys are useless, they dont work unless they're clean enough to operate on, and even though the keys look like laptop keys they are actually more uncomfortable and noisy then a bunch of bricks in a washing machine
Mine lasted about a week before i replaced it with my dinovo

I can't comment on the media keys because I barely use them but mine isn't noisy at all, my old OEM Dell keyboard made a lot more noise.
And from my experience Razer tends to make good quality products, I have my copperhead mouse for over 2 years now and it's still working like the day I bought it. But I guess with all electronical products you have to be a bit lucky too. :)