Gran Turismo 5

I always use the bumper cam for GT.

They shoud make a 'moveable' incarview , i mean so you can adjust it to your likes ..that would be much better .
In pc-games gtr and rfactor fe. you can alter the views yourself in depth etc ..
I allways had trouble aswell with the console incarviews because with only one screen you only have just a part of the incar-sight . If they would make the camera-point moveable it would do a great deal .
I also was used to play with bumperviews , just until i played the historx mod on rfactor (pc) ..that just is awesome with incar views .
Never been a great fan of console-racing, but i can see they definately are becoming way better then they used to be.

edit: wow where the hell am I

Last edited:
More bad news.

Head are going to roll.

Uh oh. In an interview with Spanish website Canarias Al Dia, CEO of Sony Entertainment Portugal James Armstrong had some disconcerting words for Gran Turismo fans. Via Google translation (user subsonic offers another, human translation):

We believe that launching the product this fall, before Christmas, but not yet decided. I do not rule that uses the MC but I doubt it. ?GT 5? is a great hope for Sony, a very important game for the company, which generates much income. We would have wanted him out before but we think the priority we are giving it our best. I?m very confident in this game that we launch this year and help us consolidate PS3 as the console that is large.

This actually isn?t the first time we?ve heard from Mr. Armstrong. Back in November of 2008, he told a Spanish financial newspaper that GT5 would ?arrive at Christmas [2009]? ? a date which was both privately disclosed and publicly confirmed several times throughout last year before Yamauchi set the now-postponed Japanese release date for March of 2010. Nevertheless, his reputation unfortunately precedes him, making his comments all the more believable. For the rest of us, the release date drama continues?

http://www.gtplanet.net/sony-exec-gran-turismo-5-launching-this-fall/

Is it just Kaz being pedantic now?

No not trolling, but I find these delays bordering on the verge of the game that shalt not be named.

More detail from Gamespot. Seems like I getting myself a PS3 for christmas 2010..

Gran Turismo 5 garaged until fall?
Sony Portugal head "believes" Polyphony Digital's PS3-exclusive realistic racer will arrive later this year, but says timing "isn't yet decided."

Source: An interview with Spanish Web site Canarias Al Dia, spotted by Gran Turismo fan site GT Planet.

What we heard: Polyphony Digital certainly isn't trying to set any speed records with the development of its racer Gran Turismo 5. Having initially been revealed in 2005, the game appeared to be on track for a March 2010 release in Japan, with series creator Kazunori Yamauchi saying to expect the Western release a few months later. However, that plan hit the skids last month, when Sony postponed the game's launch in Japan for an indeterminate amount of time.

Gran Turismo 5's cars are fast. Its development?not so much.
Following the game's delay, initial Japanese reports indicated that the game had been bumped back three months in the island nation, signaling a Western launch this fall. That speculation appears to have gained some substantiation this week, courtesy of Sony Computer Entertainment Portugal president James Armstrong.

As reported by GT Planet and translated by GameSpot, Armstrong told Canarias Al Dia that he expects Sony to release the long-awaited GT5 this fall in time for the important holiday shopping season. "We believe that we are launching the product this fall, before Christmas, even though this isn't yet decided," he said.

Armstrong went on to say that while he doubts GT5 will make use of Sony's new camera-based motion controller, he wasn't willing to rule it out. The controller, which is rumored to be named the PlayStation Arc, was also initially slated to be available in Japan in March. Sony has since bumped the device's launch back to this fall.

The official story: "We haven't announced the launch date for GT5," a SCE America representative told GameSpot.

Bogus or not bogus?: Looking not bogus that Sony is targeting a fall release for GT5. However, Armstrong himself noted that the game's launch window is still up in the air, so Polyphony Digital has clearly been given license to take as much time as it needs.

Friend of mine in NZ who made the Top 20 managed to finished 3rd in the GT Acadamy. They had trials followed by a final 8 lap race on Indy (he almost won but span out near the end trying to pass the leader).

Free GT5 for him when it comes out (which is never), but props to him. :)

Free GT5 for him when it comes out (which is never), but props to him. :)

Cool :) This might be shlightly off-topic, but I actually know a few people who won a copy of Duke Nukem Forever in contests held by former 3DR employees. Your friend is actually more likely to get his prize :lol:

I was ok with the previous delays, I want this game to be done right. Putting it off to fall is just pissing me off now though. This doesn't need to be like Half Life 2.

I understand that Yamauchi is a secretive guy that likes to talk in riddles and keep details in the shade, but my god does PD need some guys who can handle marketing. I don't even have a problem with the extremely long development time of GT5, but they seriously need to stop vomiting bits and pieces of information all over the place and get some proper knowledge of what's what out there. What they've been doing for the last couple of years is way way waaaaay below the standards a company that produces one of the biggest gaming franchises in history should have. They are dawdling around like a bunch of bloody amateurs. Noone knows nothing for certain, random pictures and videos come up from whereever and whenever ... ridiculous! <_<

/rant

... and that comes from a diehard Gran Turismo fan.

Last edited:
I stopped paying any attention to the release date. When I see it on the shelf, I'll buy it.

Ugh... Looks like my December 12, 2012 prediction for GT5 is getting a little bit closer to fruition. :(