The next epic race, where would like them to go?

Australia/NZ is the only place they haven't really done anything in - so it would be nice to see them down under trying something new out, like desert-something :p

This isn't on topic, but OP's avatar and signature makes me feel like vomiting.

Top End of Australia in the wet season would be good, but they've already done the 4wd thing, so that's probably out. In the dry season, it would be nice to still have unlimited speeds in the NT - old bangers from Darwin to Alice Springs flat out would be interesting.

Some sort of tour around Tasmania would look stunning - the scenery from the TGA trip there was mouth watering (even if the actual story was just OK). They could run in to Mark Webber.....

Across London car came in third!

No. It came in DEAD LAST. Richard won on the bicycle, then Jeremy in the powerboat, then Stig on public transport.

+1 :canadian:More specifically, sort of an epic journey on the Transcanada Highway, coast-to-coast: start in St. John's Newfoundland, end up in Victoria, BC. They should stop over in Winnipeg and let us know when! :thumbsup: ...and they should do the race in winter so they get the shock of a lifetime when they cross the prairies :lol:

I agree, especially with the Winnipeg part :banana:

I think you're thinking of Confederation Bridge, between Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick.
Bah... I knew there was a big bridge somewhere in that maritime area, yuk, yuk :p

I had a similar idea, only mine was more of a race -- Jeremy in a car vs. James and Richard on VIA-Rail, and starting in Halifax instead of St. John's.
Is VIA any good? I think that, after the European train system, they would find it rather dull.

Last edited:
When you say 'race' I think SLR to Norway, not some cheapass, non-funny 1000? banger film.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I really dont get why you bother with top gear, fifth gear seems much more your style. Your posts seem like the equivalent to somebody complaining about the WWE because it doesnt accurately showcase the athletes martial arts abilities. Just sayin.

Even as a Canadian, the trans Canada episode would be boring. 10 days across pretty good roads, ooooo.... I think if they did something here it would have to be like northern BC to Calgary or something but they'd never d that. Well I suppose the Arctic one was technically Canada....

Australia would be awsome, right across the middle. Jeremys motor world thing in the Northern Territory was awsome. And for as much as he rags on Australia he seems to quite enjoy the way things are done there. Plus they could some how incorporate V8 Supercars, which is in my opinion the most underrated form of motor sport.

EDIT: I notice a couple Winnipegers above saying they should come here.. WHY? XD Here sucks! Especially from an exciting driving POV. "We've received our challenge. Get to the Superstore on St.James without making a crack about bad asian drivers " is probably the most exciting thing possible.

Last edited:
Texas!!!

...for completely selfish reasons.

......y'all.

I just thought of another cool id?a, what if they would go to a car auction and buy cars for eachothers.
Like James buys the car that Jeremy is going to drive, Jeremy buys Hamsters car and Hamster buys James car for example, that would be quite fun =)

How about across the Bering Strait, from Alaska to Russia? There are only certain times when you can do it because the ice is mostly too thin/non existant. But the guys have plenty of experience at driving on thin ice AND amphibious cars, so they should be fine...

Russia would be awesome, lol.

I just thought of another cool id?a, what if they would go to a car auction and buy cars for eachothers.
Like James buys the car that Jeremy is going to drive, Jeremy buys Hamsters car and Hamster buys James car for example, that would be quite fun =)
Now there's a good idea. It would so funny to see their reactions (after all, they wouldn't pick good cars, would they?).

Last edited:
Russia would be awesome, lol.

Now there's a good idea. It would so funny to see their reactions (after all, they wouldn't pick good cars, would they?).

It would very funny i think, James buying an old Golf 1 Diesel for Clarkson and hamster buys camaro or pontiac gta for James :p

It would very funny i think, James buying an old Golf 1 Diesel for Clarkson and hamster buys camaro or pontiac gta for James :p

:lol: russia really would be great. I'd like to see CLarkson vs. the Transsiberian. in the winter. in a Pagani C9. but I digress....

Clarkson v.s the Transsiberian

Clarkson in the new A8, and Hammond and May in the glorious Russian public transportation system.

Russia would be quite funny actually, and deadly challenging too, esp. if they use second hand russian cars only!

No to public transport as May and Hamster would arrive to the finishing point with completely grey hair 1). it'd be slow and unreliable enough to become old by the time they arrive 2). it's so challenging they'd age much quicker.

CANADA! Because it's not the US :p

Attachments

• 4155663850_25aa5c610c_b.jpg
    4155663850_25aa5c610c_b.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 88
Should be something with campers/caravans in the desert/somethere else and they should try to survive for like a week while gettings some challenges.
Would awesome since they hate caravans so much :cool:
Edit: Maybe not a desert, but somewhere with no people - like in the Cadillac cts-v, Corvette zr1, and Dodge Challenger srt-8 movie..

Or.. Buy a car in Denmark, get insurance for less 1500? - That would be a really CHEAPcar challenge.. :)

Last edited:

me said:
The "I Hate That (Cheap) Car!" Challenge

The three are given the usual budget of ?1500 (or so) to buy a car for each other...one they know the other absolutely hates, for whatever reason. (They can't choose a VW Beetle; that would be too easy.) Afterwards, as always, a series of challenges. Stress levels will also be monitored.

In other words, I approve!

Bah... I knew there was a big bridge somewhere in that maritime area, yuk, yuk :p

Is VIA any good? I think that, after the European train system, they would find it rather dull.

Er . . . I'm afraid not. It's nothing like a Eurostar or bullet train, more like the Orient Express.

To do one proper, I'd suggest a three-way race from Toronto to Montreal, starting point being the front of Toronto City Hall and finishing point being the cross on top of Mount Royal, as follows:

Clarkson in car (Ford Flex or Cadillac CTS-V coupe)
Hammond via Porter Air (downtown to downtown), only allowed to use portable bicycle when not at airport, counter-only ticket purchase
May via Air Canada (Pearson Airport to Trudeau Airport), only allowed to use public transport when not at airport, book tickets via Internet