Random Thoughts....

Hm, i want to start training at a gym to reduce my lard-percentage a bit, but i don't have a clue how to start. Can you just walk into a gym and say "Hello, i am a utter noobcake when it comes to training, help me."?

No clue. I need to do this, too, but I have no clue.

I got up with every intention of going to the gym, chickened out, and then went for breakfast, haha.

{ farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt }

I can't stand the campus gym sometimes, though. Everyone's skinny and perfect and doesn't hardly break a sweat, and there I am, sweating pure butter. I guess I need to find out when the lardarses go and show up then?

:lol: LeVeL's post at the end of that thread.

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH!!!

^ Really nice! It looked like that around these parts too but then the wind blew it all off the trees.

^ I love it. This is why I can't live anywhere without trees. :D It got very windy here, too, but the snow is so wet and heavy that it just stuck to the branches like glue.

^ I love it. This is why I can't live anywhere without trees. :D It got very windy here, too, but the snow is so wet and heavy that it just stuck to the branches like glue.

The BBC TV News just mentioned the snow heading for your area, about 18? or so in the DC area. Stay warm & safe now!
:)

The BBC TV News just mentioned the snow heading for your area, about 18? or so in the DC area. Stay warm & safe now!
:)

We made the BBC news? Wow! I wonder where else in the world this is news. I hope it hasn't made it as far north as northern Canada and Scandinavia. If it has, they must be laughing their assess off at the capital of the United States shutting down for a mere 18" of snow. ;)

Those pictures were taken last night, when we had maybe 6". Now we're hovering around 20", with another 5-10" due to fall before the storm ends. All I know is that I just went out to shovel my car--for the second time, no less--and found that the easiest way to clean off my roof was simply to step up from the snowdrift to the boot and stand on that. :lol: I love this.

As for me, I am happily hunkered down for the weekend, with flannel PJs, plenty of food, books, and video games, the husband, the cat (who is begging to be allowed outside to play in the snow some more), and a great big window through which to watch the snow fall. It's a very happy time for the Shesquint. :D

It's news in Honduras aswell.There was something about that in my local news yesterday.

I want snow! :(

I never should've gone looking for images to post on the favorite toys thread.

Puffal92.jpg

I don't have this bunny yet...but I'm a bit broke, so it looks like I won't for a while.

Um...want. Lots.

Crap.

- addicted to 'lump

Yearly dose of American football coming up again tomorrow night. Luckily we get to see Super Bowl for free on tv again this year. :)

Now what to get... probably few energy drinks, since it starts on 1 AM. :lol:

Hm, i want to start training at a gym to reduce my lard-percentage a bit, but i don't have a clue how to start. Can you just walk into a gym and say "Hello, i am a utter noobcake when it comes to training, help me."?

Speaking of gyms....I just got home from mine and a woman on an elliptical next to me had a heart attack and just collapsed. It was crazy scary, thank God my gym is in a wing of a local hospital because their were 3 doctors on the scene immediately and one of them was a cardiovascular surgeon.

OMG! I hope she's okay.

I think the gym may be where I'm headed next. I'm considering bringing a book to read on the bikes so I don't have to look at and/or talk to anyone else. Stupid shyness. I hope the rest of the baylorverse has something else to do this afternoon, then.

h-p: I always associate football with queso dip. Cut Velveeta cheese up into squares, add a can of ro-tel (or pico de gallo, or diced tomatoes and peppers if you don't have ro-tel), melt, serve with tortilla chips, devour.

There's probably a more precise recipe out there (I always stick some Tabasco in for extra heat, too), but that's one of the few things I can make without burning it! :lol:

I think the gym may be where I'm headed next. I'm considering bringing a book to read on the bikes so I don't have to look at and/or talk to anyone else. Stupid shyness. I hope the rest of the baylorverse has something else to do this afternoon, then.
Oi! No books at the gym! :mad:
You need to focus on the exercises. You need to feel your muscles working.

Also while riding the bike is good, you should also pick up some weights and wave them around for the maximum effect.

^^She was conscious when they wheeled her out on a gurney, but she was in pretty bad shape for a while. She was unconscious when she went down and wasn't breathing, doctors were there really quick and started compressions, then they hit her with the defibrillator and she regained consciousness.

I wonder if I could pick up a freshman? They're small and weigh, like...two pounds. :lol: