Random Thoughts....

I went on a mini road trip today and got stuck behind lots of caravanists near Daylesford, preventing me from taking one of my favourite twisty roads in the area at anything above 80 km/h. Boo-urns! The only consolation I had was imagining them all spontaneously bursting into flames.

KABOOM!!! Muahahahahaha!! :evil:

Last edited:
Well, I've been driving around since about Thursday with a huge target on me. People are pulling out of side streets, parking spaces, driveways, running lights and all sorts of crap headed for me. I'm doing nothing different to normal, except now I'm driving with one foot hovering over the brake pedal at present. I think the world is out to get me, just a bit.

a large chunk of the town burnt down in 2003 (bad exciting, but still exciting - and I was out in it and managed to not die), a slightly smaller chunk in 2001, a hospital blew up instead of imploding, and I pass a guy driving a caterham most days on my way to work.

And then I go live over the border for a while to get over the excitement.

Holy crap, got stuff to tell you about today. Won't do it now cause my friend's here. You will love it. I think, if Stig cakes are your thing.

1. mount cannon to roof of car
2. asplode caravans
4. profit!

I was just browsing Facebook, and found out that all my friends were invited over to another friend's brand new apartment last night for movies and pizza.
These people are also friends of mine, and I was there a couple of weeks ago when they suggested having everyone over for a night, and asked if I would be available.

Guess who didn't get an invite...

There is a harbour cruise coming up, which they're all going to as well, and it was only a friend of a friend that suggested I go as well, at which point my friends then half-heartedly agreed I should come along.

It's a pirate themed night, so I purchased a costume, but they haven't bought tickets yet, and no one has mentioned it since - it's now less than 2 weeks away, so I'm just waiting for the "Oh, we didn't get you a ticket. Sorry."

I had a simillar thing last week, but it was a case of mutual friends asking "did you get invited" to which I was replying "Invited to where, by who?" <_<

In the end it got the point where things were being planned for the night while we were at college while I was just sitting there looking stupid/depressed/un-involved. Oh the glory of knowing people, I miss the days when I knew nobody at all, sure I was alone but I didn't know any different.
Now life is crap.

If i were you i would confront this friends about it. Maybe it was just a case of "we thought you'd know you're invited" and you're getting all mopey about a misunderstanding. And if not, if they really did not want you along, then, as Captain_70s pointed out, you're better off without them anyway.
The really important bit here is not to come across all whiny when asking what happened there, but try to have the conversation in a matter-of-fact manner.

I just got me an ukulele! Now I need never be stuck in a foreign country without a musical instrument again (I went six weeks without one last year and nearly went crazy).

Some songs were just meant for that instrument.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCcVg3b4ZRk[/YOUTUBE]

Dr strangelove is currently playing on ABC HD

Do I have to? :| Fine.

You cannot watch Dr.Strangelove on ABC HD and be on IRC at the same time.

WHAT? That is never a solution! There is no problem on earth for which that is a viable solution. Take it back! :p

Exactly. I'm not exactly sprightly until I've had my first mocha for the day. You wouldn't want to meet me. :p This is two shots of espresso (3oz) and milk, with chocolate sauce.

You can probably buy it for $2 at your local record store....