Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

She apparently donated the fee to "conservative causes". Whether that is "S.Palin for President 2012", I dunno.

Whereas the money she got from selling copies of her books for Tea Party members to have read out loud for them, I assume that went in her bank account.

This "small town America" thing is real bullshit. Apparently your opinion doesn't matter if you live in the big city. At which point does a small town become a large town and not count any more? The town I grew up in is tiny by UK standard, you can drive through it in five minutes and would just about fill 25% of the stadium that held the Superbowl this weekend. Yet according to Palin, it doesn't count because it has four times the population of Wasilla and is therefore "big town". I suppose the only similarity is that I wouldn't trust any of the inhabitants with the vote in either of them.

She apparently donated the fee to "conservative causes". Whether that is "S.Palin for President 2012", I dunno.
Hook, line, and sinker. As much as tea partiers advocate for more fiscal responsibility and accountability in public officials, letting Sarah Palin get away with being that vague on the subject is just delicious.

This "small town America" thing is real bullshit. Apparently your opinion doesn't matter if you live in the big city. At which point does a small town become a large town and not count any more?
What's sort of ironic about that is that they're trying to appeal to the masses in the rural towns that were displaced by the job market collapsing, but a good portion of those people are farmers... who live off of farm subsidies.

She probably spent the money on a new jacket and the original tapes for the "I like Ike" ads.

This "small town America" thing is real bullshit.
What's sort of ironic about that is that they're trying to appeal to the masses in the rural towns that were displaced by the job market collapsing, but a good portion of those people are farmers... who live off of farm subsidies.
In '08 the Republicans held "small town America"; that being anywhere rural or with lots of old white people. Now there's a strong, long-term demographic to rely on! :lol:

The Teabagger movement has been hijacked by some of the very people they claim to stand against. Sweet, delicious irony.

If Sarah Palin runs for president, it'll be like living in a bad Saturday Night Live skit.

If Sarah Palin gets the 2012 nomination, Michael Steele obviously haven't seen my signature, and in that case, he doesn't frequent this board. And that is a shame, means he won't be able to figure out how to get his Top Gear episodes fresh and moist.

http://digs.by/1NU7

From the Rick Perry/Sarah Palin rally:
rick-perry-and-sarah-palin-rally-their-troops.4411024.36.jpg

Just when I was thinking about changing my signature, too...

I'm starting a thread.

She probably spent the money on a new jacket and the original tapes for the "I like Ike" ads.

You beat me to it. I was going to saw she netted zero for the appearance because that 100,000 dollar fee just covered her wardrobe for the convention.

Whereas the money she got from selling copies of her books for Tea Party members to have read out loud for them, I assume that went in her bank account.

This "small town America" thing is real bullshit. Apparently your opinion doesn't matter if you live in the big city. At which point does a small town become a large town and not count any more? The town I grew up in is tiny by UK standard, you can drive through it in five minutes and would just about fill 25% of the stadium that held the Superbowl this weekend. Yet according to Palin, it doesn't count because it has four times the population of Wasilla and is therefore "big town". I suppose the only similarity is that I wouldn't trust any of the inhabitants with the vote in either of them.

I loved that real america bull shit about small towns.

That means that 90 percent is real america but doesn't agree with Palin's agenda. There are really only a handful of large cities in New England. Off the top of my head you have Boston, Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport, New London, Darien, Springfield, Portland and I guess Bangor. Most of New England is nothing but small towns less then 20,000 people. Torrington the City I live in is medium sized at best with 36,000 people.

If Sarah Palin runs for president, it'll be like living in a bad Saturday Night Live skit.
Or a very good one... :lol: :blink: :cry: <_<

Last edited:
Don't forget the I like Ike ads. Imagine sticking those originals on eBay.

This would have been worth a seperate thread if I had posted it when it first happened but now it is mostly over so not worth a new thread.

Senater Shelby of Alabama holds up 70 Obama nominees because he isn't getting his fair share of pork or Pork is bad as long as it isn't my pork if it is my pork it is oh so yummy like a fine smoked bacon eghghhhhh BACON

In the Senate any senator can hold up any presidential appointment for any reason indefinitely but no one has ever put a hold on 70 all at once. Then on top of that he is only holding them because they aren't going to give his state, the City of Mobile specifically, these two pork projects so he shuts down the entire nomination process for people not even related to the projects he wants funded. I always thought Shelby was kind of a pompous ass but now he just proved it.

Last edited:
In the Senate any senator can hold up any presidential appointment for any reason indefinitely but no one has ever put a hold on 70 all at once.
That strikes me as just unadulterated and blatant extortion. Is that even legal to do?

Last edited:
That strikes me as just unadulterated and blatant extortion. Is that even legal to do?

Oh it absolutely is legal to do. Senators do it all the time but usually just one one or two nominees at a time. The repubs were screaming at the dems for holding up just a few Bush nominees back a few years ago. How quickly they forget I guess.

No one has ever single handedly put holds on 70 before but Shelby really is just an asshole.

A senior member of the Appropriations Committee, Shelby has built his career on steering spending earmarks to Alabama.

Shelby can't single-handedly defeat Obama's nominations. But by forcing time-consuming votes on each one, he can delay them indefinitely.

It is very similar to how filibusters happen now. No one actually filibusters they way senators used to by reading something in front of the full senate. They just threaten to do it or force stupid procedural votes on every single section of the bill. It slows the whole senate down to the point that you can't get anything done at all.

Filibusters are just the start of the procedural mindfuck that is our Congress' rules.

Ummm, filibusters, that is not a good idea, now is it?

There is nothing wrong with Filibusters if they are conducted in the way they were intended. The problem is that right now no one actually does them the right way. If Reid had any balls he would actually call Liberman or Nelson or whatever repub is threatening to filibuster and say, "OK game on do it."

They never actually filibuster they just threaten to. Shut the senate down for a week or two and put some real pressure on the one or two people filibustering. The catch to that is that they don't actual filibuster in the way that people did in the past. Instead they just call for votes on every section or ever page of a bill and they won't do voice votes so it takes a lot of time. That is how the repubs finally killed Clinton's healthcare plan. By asking for real votes on every single page or section they could hold up the senate basically forever. No one is being forced to stay in the senate all day and night reading something. They just call votes and then with the mandatory time between votes you can drag out even a relatively short bill for a couple of weeks.

No one is going to vote to tighten the rules on what a Filibuster actually is though because the dems aren't innocent either. They don't want to give up their chance to do that in the future.

just found this http://www.cafepress.com/kfashop/3669048 from the official north korea webpage today; especially notice the names... :lol::blink::lol:
1) I love how open they are about their situation
2) Makes you wonder what meaning 'propaganda' has over there; maybe "Kim Jung Il rocks" or something similar...