Mass Effect 2

One would think that with a ships AI so omnipotent as EDI, she could feed the fish...

i saw the facebook notice of that yesterday morning and if i had the money i would have gone and bought it straight away. They had sold this before but it too had sold out within hours. i imagine they'll be making more anyway. Something that good will always sell well.
as for eBay, i'm always picking up a good deal of mass effect stuff on there anyway. Got a Mass Effect 2 T shirt and the Revelations book from there just recently.

EDIT: recent reports from Bioware are stating that Mass Effect 3 could be with us as early as January 2011. Here's the info. Casey Hudson (Project Director at BioWare) commented that Mass Effect 3 "will be easier because we don't have to worry about continuity into the next one." This meant that the release would be earlier. January 2011 is when it is to be expected. However, decisions will still be imported from Mass Effect 2 to Mass Effect 3, as to keep continuity within the series. Casey also said in a interview at the Consumer Electronics Show that BioWare is already at work on Mass Effect 3.

The rest has been spoilered since it deals with game endings
It has also been stated that, for players who survived the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2, lots of unexpected plot threads will come together in Mass Effect 3. Major plot items that are likely to reappear in Mass Effect 3 include whether or not your Shepard spared the Rachni queen, whether or not you chose to save the Citadel Council and who you appointed to serve on it, whether or not you chose to remain faithful to your ME1 love interest (if you had one), whether or not Wrex lived to unite the Krogan, political tensions on the migrant fleet concerning retaking the Quarian homeworld, the work Mordin's prot?g? did on curing the genophage, and what you chose to do with the Collector base, among other decisions and threads.

While i don't want them to rush things, if this is true then its probably the best news i'm going to hear.

Last edited:
While i don't want them to rush things, if this is true then its probably the best news i'm going to hear.

i'd just like to point out, Valve spent a year between Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 and in my opinion, Left 4 Dead 2 turned out pretty damn good for 1 years development, while still supporting Left 4 Dead 1 with DLC. IMO, L4D2 is a better game than L4D1. so it could come out in January 2011 and still be better than ME2.

I dont personally think they do need a lot of time, more the story that needs sorting. I honestly wasn't sure in what ways they could improve ME1 as I thought the interface was excellent and the graphics were great for me. As it turns out the interface was improved upon and it's enough to make it spot on for me, graphically its just fine so the key is to make the story work right.

It has also been stated that, for players who survived the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2, lots of unexpected plot threads will come together in Mass Effect 3. Major plot items that are likely to reappear in Mass Effect 3 include whether or not your Shepard spared the Rachni queen, whether or not you chose to save the Citadel Council and who you appointed to serve on it, whether or not you chose to remain faithful to your ME1 love interest (if you had one), whether or not Wrex lived to unite the Krogan, political tensions on the migrant fleet concerning retaking the Quarian homeworld, the work Mordin's prot?g? did on curing the genophage, and what you chose to do with the Collector base, among other decisions and threads.

Yeah, figured that would all come into play. They have a lot of loose ends to tie up. And I'm sure they will in a nice, tidy, package.

And about the whole love interest thing, to hell with Ashley. That dumb bitch left Shepard when she flipped out over the whole Cerberus thing. "Oh no, you're with Cerberus! Go fuck yourself, Skipper! Me and my sandy vagina are out of here! Peace out." That's all I heard from her. Yvonne Stra... I mean, Miranda, is about a billion times hotter.

Yeah, figured that would all come into play. They have a lot of loose ends to tie up. And I'm sure they will in a nice, tidy, package.

And about the whole love interest thing, to hell with Ashley. That dumb bitch left Shepard when she flipped out over the whole Cerberus thing. "Oh no, you're with Cerberus! Go fuck yourself, Skipper! Me and my sandy vagina are out of here! Peace out." That's all I heard from her. Yvonne Stra... I mean, Miranda, is about a billion times hotter.

Also, Liara isn't the same girl I fell for, she's psychotic/bi-polar now : |

well it seems that the current plan is that Shepard's story is going to end with ME3 but the franchise will be continuing afterwards. Personally given the ME story potential theres tons of stuff i'd like to see.
actually i really liked Ashley from the first game and i really tried to remain faithful to her. While her actions on Horizon do tend to make her seem bitchy she does at least send a good e-mail which kind of says she still loves him. Mostly i think it was BioWare being the absolute devil and putting the player in a situation where for all intents and purposes the previous love interest is saying 'screw you' and then lets you board a ship with some of the hottest women in the galaxy. After being given the finger from Ashley, my next destination was the Normandy kitchen to grab a tin opener and use it on Tali.

I think the worst thing for me about Ashley was...
... the way she's been acting all xenophobic in ME1, and then bitches at you because you're working with Cerberus due to circumstances outside your control? Yeah, I've only been dead for two years... but nice to see you again too, bitch.

Nevermind though, there's still Tali afterall... :wub: One of my favourite characters in ME1 already. And whereas Garrus seems to have changed a good bit - going from being quite unsure about his motivations and deeds to cockily joking around with Shepard - she still seems to be the same. :)

Last edited:
Re: Mass Effect 2

Oh dear. That went horribly wrong.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Fudged around with the save files(360 version). Figured what the hell.. now I can uber-upgrade everything and quit wasting time scanning those damn planets.

found out a few days ago that DC Direct are releasing a batch of Mass Effect action figures. now all i need for them to do is release a Normandy model...
me2figs.jpg

Re: Mass Effect 2

JohnnyRacer said:
Can you be more specific? "Fudged around" is a bit vague.
Copied the profile file to a memory card, decompressed the saves, hexed the values, resigned the package, then copied it back to the hdd. A little bit of work, but it was more of a "could I do it" rather than "1337 h4xx0r". You can also change the face of shepard, ammo levels (16000 rounds), etc... Just takes a little time.

while i don't want to sound disrespectful, isn't that just a bit cheating? i mean okay it might make things easier in the long run but it kind of takes away some of the game, especially the ammo thing. many times i've been running low on ammo and gives me a "make each shot count" kind of thrill.