Top Gear Australia to Channel 9

Dammit. Stupid 1-week break because of the cricket. And yeah, that will be confusing for casual viewers. Really not happy now :mad:

I thought that was the start of the series. Stupid, stupid, stupid nein. BRING TOP GEAR BACK TO SBS!

Or just download the show like I normally do. :rolleyes:

Series 14, Episode 1 ran for 41 minutes (excluding ads) on Nine. They cut a massive 20 minutes from the show. Episodes on SBS were usually missing between 5 and 10 minutes.

Not impressed. Nine have butchered it.

Series 14, Episode 1 ran for 41 minutes (excluding ads) on Nine. They cut a massive 20 minutes from the show. Episodes on SBS were usually missing between 5 and 10 minutes.

Not impressed. Nine have butchered it.

Sir Prize.

If you blinked you would've missed Eric Bana,who Nine plugged to death.
Sloppy editing in the Romanian parliament bit.Richard does his noise test then all of a sudden it went to an ad.

Watched it with the iPhone stopwatch at hand and timed only the ad breaks. (Yes I'm a nerd).

I wasn't super accurate, however, the first ep had near as dammit 15 minutes of 'non-program content' over the hour, and the Winter Olympic special had nearly 20 minutes of non-TopGear guff.

So, over the 2 hours I was subjected to 34:27.2 minutes of Channel Nine absolute crap. More than that if I'd been on the ball.

Over 25% of ads, promos and pointless segways. Bah.

Last edited:
Was disappointed they cut the Jag on the lake sequence as it was one of the segments I really enjoyed from the Winter Olympics special. I really only watched it by accident with nothing else to do for the moment. Wont be bothering with S14 which will be horribly butchered and S14 was pretty crap anyway tbh.

So.. Channel 9 Perth runs top gear the Rumania epsiode..
loooooaaaaaddddddds of advertising
LOADS of cutting and chopping and pasting and ..

What the .. did they have to pay 5 billion to show TGuk?
Waste of time watching the TV cause all you get is "buy this buy that, go to shannons, recliners, shannons again.."

But why cut out the funniest bits, why throw the whole show through each other and why oh why advertise it and then make people watch 50% ads and 50% chopped TG?

Pathetic

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see the viewer statistics. Hopefuly stiggie will come through with the stats.

I didn't watch it myself but I've been wondering about this; did anyone who watched the Winter Olympic Special notice whether or not they edited out the reference to Turin from the beginning of the episode? You know, so that it wouldn't be so obvious that the episode is nearly half a decade old? Or did they leave it in there?

^ yeah, that was edited out. It went straight from the end of 14x01 to "So welcome to the Top Gear Winter Olympics!"

They should be available tomorrow morning.

Edit: In the mean time, Nine wants us to have our say.

They're being wankers and won't accept yahoo email addresses.

All comments are moderated, so given the level of 'support' we may never see one. ;)

As it will never see the light of day, here's my comment.

"SUBJECT: Too many ads.Not enough TopGear.

Unfortunately you edited my favourite part out. :(

There was over 15 minutes of non-program content in the hour, that's over 25%. And that was at the expensive of some great stuff from the original version of the episode.

Bah."

Last edited:
The average viewer wouldn't release they cut the crap out of it... so they will continue to watch it...
We should be spamming the new media websites and leaving comments and pointing this out to SBS (who would be aware anyway) 7.pm project... today tonight

1.68 million viewers

Pretty damn good up against The Fatness and MKR.

Tuesday is pretty chokkas. We had both the PVR and the computer recording just to keep Her Indoors happy.

;)

1.68m is a good figure, especially when lined up against The Biggest Bogan and My Kitchen Sucks.

That said, given how badly Nein has raped TG and how fickle Nein viewers are, I don't see those kinds of ratings lasting. Expect TG to be banished to GO! within 6 months.