Vancouver Olympics Games thread

AFAIK everyone uses the same graphics but each broadcaster/country's operators do their own thing with them. Our guys give the difference versus the leader in everything. And the graphics are made for HD, they're super hard to read on an old SD tv that bleeds, but then on an HD TV they're crystal clear and easy to read. HD4lyfe.

Pretty tight curling match between the US and Germany taking place right now.

edit: I dislike figure skating, but I'm going to watch this year. Why you ask...because of Kiira Korpi.

kiirakorpi3ti_te.jpg

Last edited:
AFAIK everyone uses the same graphics but each broadcaster/country's operators do their own thing with them. Our guys give the difference versus the leader in everything. And the graphics are made for HD, they're super hard to read on an old SD tv that bleeds, but then on an HD TV they're crystal clear and easy to read. HD4lyfe.
The feed from whoever produces includes the graphics and is the same weather I watch on SVT or Eurosport, but the problem is that until todays event biathlon did not include how far ahead or behind the skiiers were, only their time. That changed today, probably due to the heavy criticism.

Todays biathlon women pursuit was the biggest display of incompetence yet as the contestants were not let go when they were supposed to.

Men's hockey makes it's debut tonight! Despite the fact we're playing lowly Norway the amount of hype at my college is massive, the bars are set to be packed.

Men's super combined postponed AGAIN today.

Jesus I'm getting antsy. Alpine skiing is one of my favourite parts of the Olympics and it seems as if it is just getting pushed back til it never happens.

*shakes head*

BBC Sport ? Olympics Website said:
Men's super-combined postponed because of heavy snow

The weather continues to pose problems at the 2010 Winter Olympics as Tuesday's super-combined has been postponed because of heavy snowfall.

The race has yet to be rescheduled, but on Monday officials had indicated that the race would go ahead on Friday were it to be delayed.

Officials have said they will deploy workers overnight to clear the slope.

However, International Ski Federation (FIS) chief of races Guenter Hujara admitted that mild temperatures, along with anticipated snow overnight, would make clearing the runs of excess snow difficult.

"We will be out there the whole night but we can't push away snow that hasn't already fallen," said Hujara.

"Another problem is that because of the slightly mild temperatures, the snow will be falling on a softer surface and that makes it more difficult to push away."

Heavy snowfall throughout the night and soft conditions on the lower sections of the course prompted officials to call off the race.

The poor weather in Whistler has been giving organisers a headache all week.

A mix of warm temperatures, snow, rain and fog had already caused the postponement of the men's downhill and the women's super-combined skiing.

The men's downhill went ahead on Monday and was won in blisteringly fast time by Switzerland's Didier Defago, while the women's super-combined will go ahead on Thursday.

Hujara is now set to submit a proposal to Olympic officials that would lead to one of next week's 'free' days being used to clear the racing backlog.

He will suggest that the super-combined go ahead on Friday, 19 February, pushing the super-G back to Sunday, a day which was scheduled for the giant slalom.

The giant slalom would then be moved to Tuesday, February 23, when no races are currently scheduled.

BBC Sports

This is the BBC?s current understanding of the rescheduling of the Alpine events.

OK, eveybody clear now? :lol:

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!

Edit again: *23!

Last edited:
Also, another gold for Sweden! :banana:

i was wondering earlier. is there a nation that tends to do really well in the Winter Olympics but then does terribly in the Summer Games?

All cold places. Switzerland, Austria, Norway, Finland, Sweden.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!
It was insanely exciting! Bj?rn Ferryyyyyyy!

Last edited:
Is there anything better than Olympic Hockey?

Jedd: I'm not familiar with how the Scandahoovian countries do in the summer but I don't remember them being power houses.

thanks phuckingduck and AiR, i had the impression that those were the countries.

h-p, some +rep on its way to you for a awesome find. absolutely beautiful girl.

Canada isn't terrible in the summer olympics, but at least compared to the winter olympics where we're always somewhere in the top we suck at summer games. IIRC in Beijing we didn't have any medals for the better part of the first week. Of course we also send more athletes than most countries so we have more chances of getting medals than other cold places.

Man the noise that the overhead wirecam makes in bordercross is great, sounds like a stuka!

The organizing committee is dumping their stupid ice makers and bringing in some local ZAMBONI.