MLB '10 Regular Season Thread

Sounds good man, thanks for the invite. I usually do Yahoo leagues, but maybe I'll give ESPN a shot this year.

I like ESPN better then Yahoo, personally. It really is practically the same, though.

Alright, the layout looks good. I can't find the actual button I need to click to join, though.

I just joined, looks good Whappeh.

Alright, the layout looks good. I can't find the actual button I need to click to join, though.

I couldn't find it either, so I just went to the fantasy baseball page and manually searched for "Final Gear baseball" and clicked join.

If we can't fill it up with all Final Gear folks I'm going to make it public about 72 hours before the draft. Just a heads up.

Who else joined?

I joined.

Have Prost264 (Phila), Zuhaib, and Teletubby joined? If we get them, we'll have 10, which is a decent amount for a league.

I have never done Fantasy Baseball, and tried Football for the first time last season (in a league with just my friends and still got my ass kicked and kept forgetting to start the right players). Dont know if i want to try baseball, but i will think about it. I mean outside the Giants and A's i will be pretty lost :p

I have never done Fantasy Baseball, and tried Football for the first time last season (in a league with just my friends and still got my ass kicked and kept forgetting to start the right players). Dont know if i want to try baseball, but i will think about it. I mean outside the Giants and A's i will be pretty lost :p

It is a great way to learn about teams and players outside your local market if you are a moderate baseball fan.

Plus, if you want to take a huge chance, you can build a Giants/A's only team and see how far it gets you. :lol:

(Last year in my league I got 3rd with nearly a purely White Sox team). It takes some major investment of time though, at least once or twice a week to set lineups for pitching and whatnot.

Have Prost264 (Phila), Zuhaib, and Teletubby joined? If we get them, we'll have 10, which is a decent amount for a league.

I'm in! :cool:

edit: Are the roster spots set in stone yet? Seems like 5 outfielders plus 2B/SS and 1B/3B is overkill for a league with 10 people. Why not just keep it to 9 starters and a utility player?

Last edited:
edit: Are the roster spots set in stone yet? Seems like 5 outfielders plus 2B/SS and 1B/3B is overkill for a league with 10 people. Why not just keep it to 9 starters and a utility player?

Agreed.

EDIT: either way is fine though.

Last edited:
I'm in! :cool:

It is done so we all play each other based on points. Its not head-to-head match ups. So you want to take players that will provide you the best stats over the 162 game season. If it was h2h, then just playing 9 guys would make sense, but its not. It actually works out very well once it gets going.

Ahh.. ok. I've never been in a non-head-to-head league. I guess I'll learn.

Yeah, looks like a typical Roto league.