Gran Turismo 5

Ok so they have recorded the sound of door locks clicking and modeled every blade of grass but they don't have dynamic tyre marks or decent crash modeling..... Priorities.

Just release the game already. :cry:

^
^
What he said.

Ok so they have recorded the sound of door locks clicking and modeled every blade of grass but they don't have dynamic tyre marks or decent crash modeling..... Priorities.

Just release the game already. :cry:

Its more then likely a couple 2d sprites.

This really is getting beyond a joke. If the game isn't released soon I might be forced to go outside and... I dunno, get some exercise or something.

I can see the quote on the boxcover of the game...

"GT5... the most realistic looking grass in any driving simulator ever."

Just release the damn game already.

I know people are mocking it now, myself included.

But when that day comes, we'll all shit bricks.

^Yes. I do believe by the time GT5 is released we'll all suffer from incontinence.

I'm sure when GT5 is released, some people will pee their pants (note the difference).

I'm sure when GT5 is released, some people will pee jizz in their pants.

Corrected :lol:.

But seriously, grass but no skidmarks? I hope they'll put in a lot of smoke, not the tiny puffs you see in the likes of Forza.

Corrected :lol:.

But seriously, grass but no skidmarks? I hope they'll put in a lot of smoke, not the tiny puffs you see in the likes of Forza.

Will they fuck, all the processing power will be used up modeling a 5000 polygon daisy 5 miles off the track! :rolleyes:

I must say it seems the GT5 is starting to look like its moving away from a racing sim to being the biggest useless graphics extravaganza so far. I'll still buy because I loved 4, I'm hoping my fears are un-realised.

They'll want to get the curvature of the Earth just right, and the drooping of each blade of grass realistic in accordance with the gravitational pull of the Earth. They also want to get the sound of the rumble strips just right.

The worst thing is that no matter how much they fuck around and treat all us fans like crap, we're still going to give them our money when it comes out anyway.

The worst thing is that no matter how much they fuck around and treat all us fans like crap, we're still going to give them our money when it comes out anyway.

Because by that time we'll not have to wait anymore. The time to buy will be here and therefore what we had to endure in the wait and the stupid delays will be of much lesser consequence.

Basically, we're all suckers.

Will they fuck, all the processing power will be used up modeling a 5000 polygon daisy 5 miles off the track! :rolleyes:

I must say it seems the GT5 is starting to look like its moving away from a racing sim to being the biggest useless graphics extravaganza so far. I'll still buy because I loved 4, I'm hoping my fears are un-realised.

The undergrowth is going to be repeated 2d sprites and for the textures, i'm not sure what you people are complaining about considering changing a ground texture would take seconds.

GRID has decent crash modeling, tyre smoke and dynamic tyre marks on the track and that didn't take a billion years to make.

GRID also has queer handling

but anyway, i dont have a PS3 and Forza 3 is pretty annoying.... think ive had it with racing games. i just like blowing shit up in red faction. that games hilarious.

GRID has decent crash modeling, tyre smoke and dynamic tyre marks on the track and that didn't take a billion years to make.

GRID is not a racing simulator. It's just more realistic than most arcade-style games.

I might have heard the boys in the background, they could have been playing a TopGear epiode. Any ideas?

Personally, I believe with every month they are running the GT academy, they release new footage of new tracks and new features. So with the amount of tracks and features, this could take a while.