Random Thoughts....

I've been feeling ill since last week, and i can't relax. Somehow I'm trying to be up to standard at school but I've been feeling so...tired.
Sounds like you need a school break, I felt the same way the past two weeks but I feel fine now that I'm on break.

How bad ass am I?

So bad ass that with 18 inches of snow I shoveled my entire 300 foot by 50 foot driveway in less then the length of one "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me Podcast" or approximately 47 minutes.

Oh and if you don't know what "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" is then what is wrong with you?
probably both the funniest and smartest show on radio

Oh god I feel your pain my Mom was here for about 10 days last year a couple of months after my son was born to help us out.

I couldn't have taken her one more day even though she was helping us with the baby.

Ouch. What makes it worse is that I'm hoping my dad gets his own place, moves back to California, or works things out with my mom. Anything to get some privacy and peace again. But what do I get instead? An overemotional phone call from my mom, crying about how I never call her or want to spend time with her and how I "don't care about her anymore".

I'm telling you, put me on the FG watch list. It won't be long. :|

Ouch. What makes it worse is that I'm hoping my dad gets his own place, moves back to California, or works things out with my mom. Anything to get some privacy and peace again. But what do I get instead? An overemotional phone call from my mom, crying about how I never call her or want to spend time with her and how I "don't care about her anymore".

I'm telling you, put me on the FG watch list. It won't be long. :|
Oh I get that phone call from my mom all the time but it also includes the, "you don't send me enough pictures of the baby" line.

I prefer the use of explosives for snow clearing. :D

I don't live that far out in the middle of nowhere people would complain and it would probably be bad for my windows.

Well it isn't 50 feet the whole way down. The top is a little over 50 but the middle narrows to around 20 maybe a little less and thr bottom widens out to about 30 feet to just under 50 feet at the end.

So at work, we had a small sandbox network for testing one of our applications. It was completely isolated from the Internet - never had a connection, ever under any circumstances. The patchlevel on the OS is WinXP SP1 era, and antivirus? LOL NO.

However, this configuration had to change due to a new feature that depends on the Internets. And we let our new sysadmin connect it up - via our psuedo-public wifi, because we want it to have a direct line to the Internet and not go through the rest of our network, just so we can be sure nothing interacts during the tests. None of us even bothered to think about patchlevel or virus protection, because it's not an issue anywhere else in the enterprise and we'd forgotten this network was in any way special and wasn't pulling automatic updates from our main network (because it's not physically connected to it). Oh. Fuckme.

The senior admin team and I just spent hella overtime de-Confickering the whole thing. The domain controllers for the domain are so bitrotted that it took me a solid FIVE HOURS to install Symantec Endpoint Protection on one of them. I still have to update and clean the secondary DC tomorrow.

Yes, the junior sysadmin bought us beer for not catching it (it WAS on the checklist for connecting any new system to the network. And he DID check it off... Because the wireless bridge he was connecting didn't NEED antivirus or patches, and he didn't think about the network behind it at all)

Last edited:
My parents driveway is about 300ft long, and it leads up to a 3 1/2 car garage (one single door on the left, and a double-wide door for a 2 1/2 car opening on the right). It's quite wide near the house. :) It narrows in the middle bit, but it gets wide enough at the end for 2 cars to go past each other, which is hilarious because there's only like 50 cars that drive by all day, do it's not like you need the traffic flow capacity. :p

So, kangaroo land is still a prison colony then, and you need a bribe to get out?

Not just that, but depending on where you have to go (in my case it's Vietnam/Cambodia) you need jabs, visas, other stuff I don't know what will cost. What happened to a free world?

208 Dollars for a passport. I'd rather stay in the country, thank you.

Shit. it was 'only' $145 when I bought my last one in 2005. Lucky that will last me until I finish my degree.

Presumably it's to pay for the jumped up Nazis down at the Post Office. Ooh, you've gone outside the lines, you're going to have to redo the application. Too bad if I've already had it guaranteed.

How bad ass am I?

So bad ass that with 18 inches of snow I shoveled my entire 300 foot by 50 foot driveway in less then the length of one "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me Podcast" or approximately 47 minutes.

Oh and if you don't know what "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" is then what is wrong with you?
probably both the funniest and smartest show on radio

You are officially the coolest person ever.

Peeeeeeeter Sagal!

(I do my and my roommates' dishes to Wait Wait podcasts. Every Sunday, without fail.)