Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Went to see Avatar on the big screen this weekend. Third try. Third fail. (sold out and I didn?t get tickets in advance)

The only logical course of action is to pirate Avatar.

Just watched The Road - a very good film indeed. Highly recommended, and I'll certainly be buying it on Blu-Ray when it comes out.

Not as good as the book, no. But it wasn't going to be - nothing is as good as its relevent book, and nothing is as good as The Road (book).

Went to see Avatar on the big screen this weekend. Third try. Third fail. (sold out and I didn?t get tickets in advance)
You can't get a ticket for Avatar? That movie is making so much money it's ridiculous.

Can't you just order tickets in advance? I mean theaters here are still packed but you can always get good tickets 2-3 days before the show...

Do you mean to suggest that your movie theatres have assigned seating? The only movie theatres in this neck of the woods that don't have general admission is IMAX with their assigned seating and then people who've never been to the IMAX don't realise that and keep sitting in other people's seats and get kicked out.

And Avatar still selling out is unbelievable.

[...]Can't you just order tickets in advance? I mean theaters here are still packed but you can always get good tickets 2-3 days before the show...
Same here, but I just didn?t bother. I usally do get tickets beforehand if I want to see a movie, but Avatar isn?t what you?d call a priority for me, so I didn?t do it and just went. I just didn?t expect it to sell out Sunday afternoon ... during carnival ... on a cold day where the roads were icy ...
But since this was the third try that the movie has sold out when I felt like watching it, I guess I will get some tickets in advance next time.
AIR said:
The only logical course of action is to pirate Avatar.
Since I only want to see it to see if that new 3-D tech is really that awsome as everyone keeps telling me ... I?m not expecting much from the actual "movie" underneath the tech-stuff :)

After spending the evening watching the entire two series' of The Inbetweeners, I can confirm it is a perfect representation of me and my group of friends. Great.

Maybe they'll get a new one when they release Rage. On a related note I read that
id is developing Rage with a "T-for-Teen" rating in mind
They're either going soft on us or the new owner is to blame. Although a lower age rating could mean bigger sales.

Watched Firefly 1x04 last night and about to watch 1x05.

1x04 gave me the warm and fuzzies.

Since I only want to see it to see if that new 3-D tech is really that awsome as everyone keeps telling me ... I?m not expecting much from the actual "movie" underneath the tech-stuff :)
Steal their projector. It's the only option. If you get caught, tell them a guy on the internet told you to do it and they'll understand.

I might actually watch the live episode of Eastenders this evening (despite the fact I never EVER watch anything as drearily drab as that). Just to see if anything goes wrong. I mean - they will have 36 Camera operators on a live broadcast set shooting more than 400 shots. For half an hour. I want to count the number of techies are seen on screen.

^ Not even the promise of a live episode and a possibility of something going wrong is even enough to make me watch Eastenders. I hate that program with a passion. It is so absolutely depressing and boring that it just makes me want to put a shotgun in my mouth and insert a sunroof in my head.
I can't stand soaps but at least Corrie and Emmerdale tend to have a bit of comedy and somewhat plausible storylines. which is odd since they're both ITV shows and usually the BBC are far better at producing entertaining television.

^ I must agree entirely. The most interesting thing in that show was a Police Evo X. And the only thing that went wrong was a couple of shots near the end fucked it up. You didn't miss anything.

The Ricky Gervais show premiers tonight on HBO, you can watch the first episode online for free at HBO.com

Its an animated version of the Ricky Gervais podcast. They take the podcast, and animate whatever they're talking about.

They should have left it as just a podcast.

I lol'd so hard when Sam did the sunglasses meme twice in the latest Burn Notice.

After spending the evening watching the entire two series' of The Inbetweeners, I can confirm it is a perfect representation of me and my group of friends. Great.

I was recommended that a while back, and enjoy the show very much.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ovw5XiutrM[/YOUTUBE]

I'm watching some Winter Olympic coverage right now, and apparently sweeping the ice is (curling) a sport now? WTF? This game looks so damn stupid. Who thought it's a good idead to include this in the Olympics.