The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Hey, not my fault you live way the hell away from the bike. :D Also: MegaSquirt. :D

How did you know Kiki named my-- Oh damn, I've said too much again, haven't I?

Ack, don't mention living away from good bikes - I saw a 2003 Ducati 800 Supersport in DC for around 3000 the other day. *sniffs*

^Where is that facepalm emoticon when I need it?! :p

Last edited:
I'm really starting to miss the flesh-meltingly hot days we have in the summer. I tried going out for a ride today when it was in the mid 50s with wind chill. The new hat helped but about a half hour into the ride I was freezing. It's weird seeing palm trees when you can't feel your fingers.

But I did ride today. :tease:

I'm really starting to miss the flesh-meltingly hot days we have in the summer. I tried going out for a ride today when it was in the mid 50s with wind chill. The new hat helped but about a half hour into the ride I was freezing. It's weird seeing palm trees when you can't feel your fingers.

But I did ride today. :tease:

Luxury.

There was a bloody snowstorm up here the other day (by Tokyo standards). I used to ride to work every day, rain, snow or hail - wore thermals under the business attire and some snowboarding gear over the top! Now I can't ride to work, even when I want to so the bike is for days off. You really do need decent gear if you want to enjoy yourself.

Speaking of cold, I might be going for a ride up the Himalayas this summer - to the highest drivable road in the world (or so I'm told). Fingers crossed.

You have probably seen this, but:

[YOUTUBE]4uzN0NGmRDI[/YOUTUBE]

Because he thinks all motorcyclists are irresponsible, sportbike-riding hooligan asshats? :bangin:

I don`t think so, whatever.

Assuming that just because he finds humor in those videos, he thinks it's a good representation of moterbikers in general is just Rong.

You`re right, thanks for understanding. Here where I live, I don`t see everyday girls burning rubber wearing just a bra. I`m sorry, I don`t think all bikers are cocks.

Assuming that just because he finds humor in those videos, he thinks it's a good representation of moterbikers in general is just Rong.

Tonight on Inside Edition: Jokes.

^I just was offered one of those for free (in poorer condition). Apparently one of my drinking buddies out here has a shed find and doesn't know what to do with it.

Looking around on Craigslist reminded me of how nice the US is for bikes. I see loads of nice 500-650s selling cheaper than you can get 250s here. :(

If I were still there I think I would be going to back to see about a loan for this: http://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/1602429960.html :drool:

Double Post!

... meet Olivia:

23rn5nc.jpg

We picked her up yesterday night: she's pretty much a stock 2003 SV650S with a very nice two brothers slip on and modified LED front turn signals. :D

And speaking of winter riding, last night was one of the coldest nights/rides I've experienced in a while. I ended up braving the 1.5 hour trip in 30 degree weather at an average of 80 miles an hour (ugh, windchill!). I need heated gear, though the Dainese jacket did its job perfectly.

Oh, and here's a sound check with the SV650S vs. Dave's VFR, both with Two Brothers slip ons. :lol:

Congrats!
I like the SV's style. How is it to ride?