The "New Toys" Thread

I reinstalled this laptop I'm on because I was convinced there was something wrong with it since it was so slow. It was exactly as slow after the reinstall, my main workstations SSD have simply made me impatient. Dangerous devices.

Time for SSD to laptop?

They were listed at AmazonUK for ?499 each, I paid ?90 each :cool:
(They made a mistake when they listed the item)

Why didn't you tell us?! And by us I mean ME! D: :blink:

Last piece of the puzzle:

Acer Aspire easyStore (2TB model)
Found it on sale for the same price as the 1TB model :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/cruzz563/2010/02/24/IMG_1777.JPG

Took me 1.5 hours to figure out how to uninstall the fooking McAfee shite that was on there because it wasn't in the Add-ins where it was supposed to be.

This just arrived today:

31N-KBX8LZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

90895124_e1e0deeb14.jpg

Since with the 2 new SSDs, I'll have a couple of drives laying around, might as well use them as backup drives, to be kept off-site.

I want that for USB3.0...
And I want one of those drives you aquired... 60 GB would be enough, though...

^ No eSATA, but still pretty close.

I was thinking about just that, saw it the other day... Fuck the little speed bump esata might provide...
I still wait for the Fermis for my new build (probably stupid, but I also wait for a small 4digit tax return to finance it...) so right now I don't have USB 3.0.
My current Mobo has esata, though. Never got to use it with the MyBook with esata I bought since activating it caused problems with the HDDs. Didn't recognize the PATA ones... Right now I don't have PATA drives, but I can't be arsed to get it working...

And no power over eSATA is just annoying.

I use hard drives instead of DVD's these days, so those docks are awesome. :)

Yeah I <3 my Thermaltake dock, recommended by FliPP, so ossum. Now that my new mobo has eSATA I can take advantage of that now too.

And no power over eSATA is just annoying.

EXACTLY! Why did the connecter have to be different than the SATA connecter if it wasn't doing anything more??????? Assmunching money grubing fucktards came up with that design for no reason!

[/endrant]

i remember seeing some mainboard the other day which was advertised as having "power-esata" so you wouldn't need power from USB or anywhere anymore... i don't quite know why that would work since esata isn't made for delivering power... but i don't care anyway -.-

SO that is yet another connection that needs it's own connecter. I just cleaned out my junk drawer of tons of connectors and cables that are not used any more. This can also be extended to MP3 players and other electronic devices that use USB. Why do they all have to have their own little adapters/connections? Why wasn't mini USB or whatever it is called used? They are USB enabled and don't need more than the 4 connections. Wouldn't it be cheaper for both the manufacturer and the end user? Not even to mention the enviroment.They just want to bleed us all dry.

I haven't had a good long rant lately, maybe I should go rant in the rant thread.

And many devices do. But even more don't. It can be really annoying to keep track of specific cables for devices when they all do the same thing.