What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Jay, I am disappoint. <_<

Also, I got me a litre and a half of Pepsi to fuel me through the night.

Jay, I am disappoint. <_<

I am not dissapoint. Co-worker has a Motorola with the Android stuff on it; I just did not like the navigation or layout of it. Apples and oranges, you know? Plus the wife bought it for me, and we are set up on a family plan that saved us quite a bit of money.

And after reading the above sentence, yes I see what I did there, unknowingly.

Hmm... I never thought of that before, but I never really liked apples, the fruit, either. Always were more of a pear man.

I am not dissapoint. Co-worker has a Motorola with the Android stuff on it; I just did not like the navigation or layout of it. Apples and oranges, you know? Plus the wife bought it for me, and we are set up on a family plan that saved us quite a bit of money.

And after reading the above sentence, yes I see what I did there, unknowingly.

Truth be told, I think the Iphone is the best phone on the market (manly because of the support of apps). But personally I wouldn't buy one just because I hate Apple THAT much. But I do appreciate that it is a nice phone.

Also...I just bought 5 hockey jerseys:
productimg1261062233493.jpg

productimg1263146013730.jpg

productimg1263705618475.jpg

productimg1264689368461.jpg

productimg1263034226799.jpg

Would've been $55 each, or 185$ for 5...so yeah.

Bought 2 cheapo RCA cables today. Also bought a clear resin case for my HD2.

^ Hmm. Looks kinda tacky...

What I just bought: a tripod. Velbon CX540 to be specific. I need one (since my dad lost the old one, which was old and broken anyway) and have found that quite a lot of more expesnive models are incredibly heavy. I know this one is just what I want (we have them in the photo shop I work at) and its cheap enough for me at ?30.

VELBON-CX-540.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a cheap Giottos one and it seems to be really sturdy and on the light side. I haven't seen one of those but it looks similar and should do you good. Unless your camera is heavy, in which case I don't think that head can keep it leveled.

D50 + Sigma 17-70 + Nikon SB600 (which I don't always use, obviously) = 1.6kg.

^^ I didn't take my camera in to the store, and we don't have any in atm. I did, however, test it by leaning in it and pressing down to see where the legs would bend etc. And if the head is ever a problem, I can just buy a better one for a bit more money while keeping the lightweight frame (Seriously I would never touch anything by Manfrotto simply because their stuff weighs a tonne). And as you said, its listed at 3kg, so I should be fine.

Speedtouch, that's a bit on the heavy side for that tripod. The head will sag and wobble quite a bit. I think 3 kgs is what it can take before breaking completely. :/

I reckon I'll be fine with it. I may be wrong and you right, so I shall report back once it has arrived - its not exactly a hard thing to replace either.