Random Thoughts....

I'm telling you, plain old ballet flats a half size too big with a big, cushy insert is the way to go. :) I'm often on my feet all day in the lab and it makes a world of difference! Buy the insert first and try on the shoes with them in.

you=genius! :)

I listen to a streaming audio station that plays Baroque pieces from Bach, Telleman, etc. About every forty minutes there is one minute of ads, then back to the music.

It is a bit jarring to hear an ad about how I can get RIPPED ABS NOW!! and then listen to a delicate harpsichord and violin sonata from Bach.

http://img175.imageshack.**/img175/622/deathv.png

talk about not lighthearted....:/

I'm new here.

That's not really random, but I couldn't find an introduction thread for new people, and didn't want to create an inane thread of my own just to say "Oh hi, I'm new here".

That's about it at the moment.

Edit: found it about 30 seconds after clicking out of this thread. Fail

Last edited:
Just got the most awesome email ever - I have gotten into the second round of testing for the cadet pilot program!

I'm new here.

That's not really random, but I couldn't find an introduction thread for new people, and didn't want to create an inane thread of my own just to say "Oh hi, I'm new here".

That's about it at the moment.

Edit: found it about 30 seconds after clicking out of this thread. Fail
:welcome: Thanks for not creating an inane thread. Enjoy your stay, we're a friendly bunch of people.

Took some rather insane looking photos of myself last night with a torch, and long exposure.

I have 3 faces!

My Mom was watching Real World and I caught some of it. It was the episode where the gay guy's parents come up, his sister is cute! That was the only thing I noticed in my watching.

Friend: "Oh yeah? Well we're going to get in there."
Me: "I have a two-inch wrench that says otherwise."
Friend: "You're going to kill two black men during Black History Month?"
Me: "Aw, you're right. I don't have it in me."

ninjacoco the irc whore:

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/co/cold-fussion/2010/02/26/irc-stats-feb.png

Whats interesting is that despite having uni and other important activities such as sleeping, she seems to remain active at all hours of the day.

OK. I am currently making my way through the 4 interviews for the entrepreneurship project.

One of them is hand written, in paragraphs, not numbered at all, just the answers, no questions.
The guy didn't give the entrepreneur's name, or the company name, or just what exactly the company is :blink:
All I know is that this is the guy's step-dad, and his wife is his role model...

Also, still no sign of iPod :(

LeMans GTR, I could've had a sit down if I needed to go to the bathroom, but I didn't...I only sat down when I got to the train station to get a train home.

Ambermorn, I'm working at Dizingof in QV in the city...really really awesome Melbourne designer called Haim Brezinski who does very cool architectural clothes, many of which can be worn multiple ways.

We do actually get a 20 minute break, but if you're in the shop by yourself you don't really get to take it, closing the shop for that long could mean that you miss a sale (and being a designer store with relatively low turnover means you do NOT want to do that), so you have to run and grab your lunch then eat it in the shop, which is what I did. I was actually with the manager today because I'm on trial, but I tried to stay on the floor as much as possible because I was learning a whole bunch of things. I think I might consider getting proper soft leather ballet shoes from a dance store that don't rub my feet so badly if I do pass the trial and training...

Ahhh sounds like you're in similar circumstances to me, then. Keep snack like things and lots of water with you, they can keep you going in lieu of the big lunch. And I second putting fabric inserts into ballet flats, I did this at my old job. Or try a low heeled Mary Jane type shoe as an alternative, they're like ballet flats but with a 2cm platform heel.

Good luck with the trial! Working with clothes can be a lot of fun.