[F3TA] Round 9 Discussion

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
Round Nine - March 2nd to March 15th
Circuit De Catalunya - Grand Prix

Restrictions:

Class D.
AWD Only.
Drivetrain swaps are allowed.
No Slicks.
SUVs only

Entries to me via PM or email by midday GMT on March 15th. Please include 'F3TA Round Nine' and your Gamertag/FG Username in the subject line. I am submitting my own entry, my photo(s) will be posted in the results thread. I am accepting entries as screenshots of the online leaderboards or I will look up your time. See rules for more details.

All times posted in this thread must be spoilered. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. You have been warned!

Rules and league calendar

Entries received so far
--------------------------------

Last edited:
Okay, SUV only it is. Should make things interesting.

First to post a roll-over video gets an additional point for style? :lol:

^Yeah it's a popular idea. :D

I'll offer an additional point if you get a photo of the roll over. :lol:

WTF, I'm charging down the main straight in the V12 diesel Audi and the triangle doesn't turn itself off for a new lap. What am I doing wrong? Could my ghosts be drafting me? :?

^I've noticed that if you get the triangle in, say, the last third of the lap it will stay on for another lap. Presumably that's to stop people drafting on the last few corners and last straight to gain an advantage.

Fuck you Fanatec, I want good pedals again... Can't do anything with pedals that apply a bit of brake at times and don't deliver 100% brake when pushed :shakefist:

^:hug:

I love the Fanatec stuff but I didn't buy any of it because I had that niggling feeling that it would have problems. Hope you get it sorted.

Last edited:
^ what, how, I don't even... :lol:

Damn, I didn't save my rollover in the Q7..

^I've noticed that if you get the triangle in, say, the last third of the lap it will stay on for another lap. Presumably that's to stop people drafting on the last few corners and last straight to gain an advantage.

Or, say, cutting across the Ford chicanes at Le Mans to carry extra speed over the start/finish line to your following lap.

The triangle will stay for the next lap if you get a triangle at all in the last sector of the previous lap. It is stupid on some tracks where you go off in a way that would give you no possible advantage, but the next lap is still disallowed.

^ what, how, I don't even... :lol:

Damn, I didn't save my rollover in the Q7..

Caning down the main straight, just a bit before the right hander there is a walkway on the left where the wall goes in.

Fly down there, hook it left into the recess in the wall, get the right angle and it sends you flying lol. I did a 360 in the air lololol 180 degrees in that pic so I'm facing towards the start.

Does a horizontal flip count? :lol: Thanks reckoning, that's a great spot.

m63333.jpg

Here's my rollover, it's on the grass before the very sharp corner.
ml63.jpg

m633.jpg

ml633.jpg

^:lol: those are brilliant. You've got an extra point. :D

As far as style goes I think having the car in the air facing the wrong way is good enough.