2010 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

1. Who will get pole?
2. Who will win the race?
3. Will Hispania F1 and/or Stefan GP make it to the grid?
4. Which of F1's rookies (excluding Kobayashi and Alguersuari) will do best this season?
5. How many retirements will there be?
6. Who is going to be the "dark horse" of 2010?
7. How do you think Schumacher will do in his first F1 race since 2006?
8. Who is going to win the driver's championship?
9. Who is going to win the constructor's championship?

1. A Ferrari driver.
2. A Ferrari driver.
3. Hispania F1 yes, Stefan GP NO. :(
4. Senna. ;)
5. 6. All the new teams.
6. Rosberg and Kubica.
7. Podium.
8. A Ferrari driver.
9. A Ferrari driver.

1. Who will get pole?
Vettel
Webber
They'll both be at the track, I even think Hispania qualify, but I doubt they'll be able to complete the warm up lap without something going wrong.
4. Which of F1's rookies (excluding Kobayashi and Alguersuari) will do best this season?
Hopefully Senna but its going to be Hulkenburg
Sutli, he'll have a competitive car and won't have a drunken fin to smash into him this year :p
He'll swerve across the track on the run up to the first corner and smash into Hamilton as he does the same thing!
Mark Webber
Virgin Racing! I believe in them!

Last edited:
(But, really I'm hoping for either Vettel or Webber).

Mark Webber

Webber not making title predictions
By Jonathan Noble and Michele Lostia Tuesday, March 2nd 2010, 14:35 GMT

Mark Webber thinks it would be 'suicidal' for him to say he thinks he will win the world championship this year - as he says his target is simply to win more races.

With Red Bull Racing's new RB6 appearing to be one of the quickest cars on the grid, even though there are doubts about its ultimate long-run pace, Webber has high hopes for his chances for this season.

However, he has joined rival drivers in thinking that the competition is so tight this year that being too confident about success would be a mistake.

"Don't expect me to say I'll win the title this year, that would be suicidal," Webber told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I aim to win more grands prix than I did last year. Let's say we have a great opportunity to do something special."

Speaking about his feelings on the RB6, Webber said: "With limited fuel on board it's super quick.

"The tyres have gone a step backwards for lack of competition, the lap times have increased, but the aerodynamics are amazing. Anyway, it's early to say. It will be a very close championship to the end, and it will be very spectacular, I guarantee."

Webber has also expressed his annoyance at the situation surrounding new teams in F1 ? and thinks the sport would be better off entertaining fans for the right reasons rather than getting fresh blood on the grid.

"It's embarrassing. It's incredible that people who haven't yet turned a wheel take part in grands prix. It's the sort of stuff from Mickey Mouse, or Tom and Jerry. It would make more sense to field Valentino Rossi with his bike on the grid.

"He [Rossi] is great, F1 needs a character like him. For my first victory of 2010 I will do something for the fans: it won't be as brilliant Rossi-style, but enough to thank them."

Who's gonna say that they'll win the championship at this stage? You'd be stupid to.

says the man who tips hamilton & mclaren to be champions before the championship even started. :rolleyes:

anyway..

Piquet, Raikkonen to skip Bahrain F1 champions parade?

Surviving F1 world champions keen to attend Bahrain GP anniversary event ? although Nelson Piquet and Kimi Raikkonen may snub it.
Nelson Piquet and Kimi Raikkonen have yet to confirm if they will attend F1's 60th anniversary celebrations in Bahrain next weekend.

Organisers of the event announced plans to invite all 20 surviving F1 world champions to the F1 2010 season opener, which takes place on March 14, last month.

However while the likes of Mika Hakkinen, Damon Hill, Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell, Niki Lauda, Keke Rosberg, Alan Jones, Jody Scheckter, Mario Andretti, Emerson Fittipaldi, Jackie Stewart, Jack Brabham and John Surtees have all said they will attend, Piquet and Raikkonen have yet to make a decision.

"We expect the majority of the 20 plus cars to be displayed on track and, where possible, be driven by the original world champion," circuit advisor Martin Whitaker told the Gulf Daily News.

Meanwhile Jacques Villeneuve hopes of actually racing in Bahrain and going up against fellow champions, Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button have been dashed after Stefan GP was denied an entry slot [see separate story - click here].

?Of course it's disappointing,? the 1997 F1 world champion told speedtv.com. ?The car and team looked very promising, but we always knew there was a risk without having the entry, and it was running late. So it's not a full surprise, but it's still disappointing.

?There was a lot of potential with the car. It was built and it was a full-blown project. It wasn't something started from scratch, and it was going to be competitive.

?It's a shame because it would have been a new team which could have run properly, but that's the way it is.?

I reckon Kimi just couldn't give a toss about this whole parade. :mrgreen:

"It's embarrassing. It's incredible that people who haven't yet turned a wheel take part in grands prix. It's the sort of stuff from Mickey Mouse, or Tom and Jerry. It would make more sense to field Valentino Rossi with his bike on the grid.

"He [Rossi] is great, F1 needs a character like him. For my first victory of 2010 I will do something for the fans: it won't be as brilliant Rossi-style, but enough to thank them."

Can I give Webber a +rep. Awesome that is the solution to the grid problems. Merge F1 and MotoGP: Brilliant!

says the man who tips hamilton & mclaren to be champions before the championship even started. :rolleyes:

I answered the question just like all of the others. Are those of us who have faith in Hamilton losers, while all of you who tattoo Alonso on your buttcheek awesome? Your beloved Kimi isn't even in the sport any longer.

I know fuck all about F1, but I like having a go at weird things :D

1. Schumacher
2. Schumacher
3. Yes (but I have no idea what is implied here)
4. Lucas di Grassi.. is he a rookie? That bloke in a cap, yes. Whoever he is. Or the other one.
5. 5
6. No idea.. Jaime Alguersuari!
7. In ze best way possible!
8. Hamilton
9. Ferrari

1. Who will get pole? Hamilton

2. Who will win the race? Alonso

3. Will Hispania F1 and/or Stefan GP make it to the grid? We already know HRT will, Stefan will not.
4. Which of F1's rookies (excluding Kobayashi and Alguersuari) will do best this season? Hulkenberg
5. How many retirements will there be? 3

6. Who is going to be the "dark horse" of 2010? The Williams Team
7. How do you think Schumacher will do in his first F1 race since 2006? DNF~!!! i like to go against the grain.

8. Who is going to win the driver's championship? yea who?
9. Who is going to win the constructor's championship? McLaren.. ?

1. Who will get pole? Webber
2. Who will win the race? Hamilton
3. Will Hispania F1 and/or Stefan GP make it to the grid? Neither
5. How many retirements will there be? 8
6. Who is going to be the "dark horse" of 2010? No idea, maybe Force India
7. How do you think Schumacher will do in his first F1 race since 2006? Yes, OK-ish
8. Who is going to win the driver's championship? Too early
9. Who is going to win the constructor's championship? Too early

:wave: F1 fans of Finalgear

I know. In rFactor the time goes to 2.00.xxx with a full tank. The new section is just so boringly tight and slow it makes me cry. They destroyed a perfectly good track.

Like I said in other thread when they announced new layout. More corners = longer track = less laps in the race = less straights in the race = less overtaking. I miss old Hockenheim.

1. Who will get pole? Hamilton
2. Who will win the race? Alonso
3. Will Hispania F1 and/or Stefan GP make it to the grid? there will be no Stefa
4. Which of F1's rookies (excluding Kobayashi and Alguersuari) will do best this season? Hulk
5. How many retirements will there be? 6
6. Who is going to be the "dark horse" of 2010? I think there will not be any, but if... maybe Renault or Sauber
7. How do you think Schumacher will do in his first F1 race since 2006? 4th
8. Who is going to win the driver's championship? to early
9. Who is going to win the constructor's championship? to early

I can say I want Alonso and Ferrari to be champions, but I think all McL, Ferrari, RB and Merc teams and their drivers can be considered now as serious pretenders.

1. Who will get pole?

1. Schumacher
2. Hamilton
3. Yes, Hispania (lol)
4. They are all equally underwhelming for me, so I'm going to say Petrov (followed by Chandhok)
5. Race retirements for Bahrain? I'd say 8 or 9 cars. Driver retirements over the season? I'd say Trulli, Button, and Barrichello.
6. Force India
7. Schumacher will do very well but will not win.
8. Lewis HAMILTON
9. McLaren (Hell, it's about time :p)

1. Webber
2. Vettel
3. HRT Yes - Stefan F1 only if Bernie is out there pushing them onto the grid himself.
4. I so want it to be Senna but it wont be...
5. ]The HRT's wont get to the line no testing = way too many gremlins
6. Toro Rosso or Force India
7. He'll park it on the last corner in qualifying and would have crashed into Jaques Villeneuve if he was racing (old habits die hard) but he'll be fine. Top 5 finish
8. Alosno (he is favourite with the bookies for a reason)
9. Red Bull (I hope!)

Let's do top5 quali predictions - for fun!

My bet:

Hamilton
Alonso
Vettel
Schumacher
Massa

1. Who will get pole? Lewis
2. Who will win the race? Lewis
3. Will Hispania F1 and/or Stefan GP make it to the grid? race yes, grid no
4. Which of F1's rookies (excluding Kobayashi and Alguersuari) will do best this season? hulkburger?
5. How many retirements will there be? 5
6. Who is going to be the "dark horse" of 2010? sauber
7. How do you think Schumacher will do in his first F1 race since 2006? dnf
8. Who is going to win the driver's championship? McLewis
9. Who is going to win the constructor's championship? McLaren

Top 5 quali predictions?

Schumacher
Hamilton
Massa
Vettel
Alonso

That's BOLD!!!

There will only be tenths or hundredths in it. Between all of em.