The "Things that annoy me" thread

Its the same thing with iPhones. Its funny how the instant someone gets an iPhone, they no longer have a mobile phone. I've never heard an iPhone user just say "my phone is ringing". Its always "my iPhone is ringing". I don't say "my Nokia is ringing". Its a phone, nothing more, nothing less. Get over it.
Same goes for iPods... I have an audio player, period. MP3 player is okay, too, if you think that mp3 is the only audio format in existence. With an iPod Touch, it's at least understandable because it can do more than a pure audio player.

The arsehole who sent my wife a text message the other day saying "I thought you should know your so-called loving husband is playing away with a member of your family".

If I ever find out who it is they are going to bleed.

Lots.

Same goes for iPods... I have an audio player, period. MP3 player is okay, too, if you think that mp3 is the only audio format in existence. With an iPod Touch, it's at least understandable because it can do more than a pure audio player.

I don't even use mp3 on my mp3 player.... who uses mp3 any more anyways? Get with the times folks, m4a's much better than mp3.

who uses mp3 any more anyways? Get with the times folks, m4a's much better than mp3.
I haven't even heard of m4a. I know FLAC and Vorbis, though. Anyway, mp3 is by now playable by many car and living room hi-fi equipment, in contrast to other formats. So, many many people still use it although it's not the best format out there.

Having projectile vomit and the squits at one and the same time - damn.

Dutch beer again? :p
No I only wish it was beer related - everyone is sick in the household except my 18yo who has vacated chez Cobol74 and is staying over with her boyfriend's family. She does not want to catch it.

My computer fucking up, and having to use my mother's laptop as a result. I'm not used the keyboard and it feels wrrrrooonnggg!

I seriously need a new computer, I've had it since 2006 when I bought it to take down to Melbourne with me when I was studying there, only for that to fall in a heap after a year and me coming home again. I can't afford one ATM, however, having no job and all. it's really hard to get a job around here that I can fit around the odd (and often changing) contact hours my course has. :(

Last edited:
Not just the fact that it's a frozen "pizza" but then...

DSC00668.jpg

Seriously? Seriously? FFS...

Last edited:
Being shut in a room with 15 statisticians and other technical related people for two days. If I hear 'National Minimum Data Set' one more time, there's going to be beatings. I have considered gnawing off a limb to escape.

how come after having sat loads of exams at uni, i'm still all nervous the day before and can't POSSIBLY get to sleep at a reasonable time -.-

edit: quite a hard exam (it's thermodynamics, it's not meant to be easy) but i should've done quite well. yay!:dance:

Last edited:
asholes witch dosint put they DAY TIME RUNING LIGHTS ON god thank you that dads citroen has quite godd brakes

180hm/h overtaking a lory theres crap on windsheald boom some ashole rides without lighs

Then cocks who drives audis 140km/h overtaking audi boom ashole desides to acelerate so that you cant pass him

then asholes witch dosint check mirors and then change lanes they dont care if theres a fucking car trying to get pass them and that you nearly hit the damn fender

^ For someone without a car you get into alot of near accident situations at high speeds......I can imagine your gonna pull an Icebone in daddy's car any day now <_<

The thing that annoys me most right now is that i am 250 km away from my wife, our house, cats, all my friends, project car...

Home-sickness sucks. :(

The thing that annoys me most right now is that i am 250 km away from my wife, our house, cats, all my friends, project car...

Home-sickness sucks. :(

What I used to do: Get into bed, good book and a beer

I think when it comes to iPods, its kinda understandable. When I ask people if they have an mp3 player...I ask them if they have an iPod because its almost interchangeable with mp3 player now. Mind you, I dont personally have an iPod myself.

Its just like how a while back people would use "walkmans" for cassette players. Or how people would ask for a "band-aid" not an "adhesive bandage" or "Tylenol" instead of "ibuprofen."

...Learned that in marketing :p

"Tylenol" instead of "ibuprofen."

Um....... that one's not true, at all. Tylenol is acetaminophen (aka paracetamol). Common brand names for ibuprofen in the US are Motrin and/or Advil. That kind of mistake could kill someone.