The new-ish Jaguar XF: how do you find it?

The new-ish Jaguar XF: how do you find it?

• Total voters
Look like it would be some sort of re-badge of a Lexus GS...but then again...I like the current GS...that said, it doesn't belong as a Jaguar...and the interior, while comfortable and seeming well-build, bores me with it's design and silver plastic.

It looks alright but as NecroJoe said, it looks like a Lexus and not distinctive.

This is a pet peeve so you can ignore it:
Speedtouch, there is no reason to add an extraneous "i". Latin doesn't have an "ii" ending. If you want to use the plural of Lexus either use an English ending, Lexuses, or the proper Latin ending Lexi (one "i"). The same applies to viri.

i dunno i really liked the XF until i saw a couple on the road, i don't hate it but i just think it looks like the XK's let itself go i would prefer an HSV or a BMW instead if i had the money to be in that market

I personally love it. That said, I do prefer the look of the X350 XJ, and I'd buy a nearly new one of those before I'd have an XF.

Compared to the S-Type it's much better but as car in itself I'd tend to think the opposite, it's not unique enough to stand out in a crowd, there's no flair, it's just a bit too ho hum. I mean don't get me wrong, if you gave me one I wouldn't shove it back in your fact but the concept was just so many times cooler this is a disappointment. Mind you, still less boring than an Audi or BMW.

The front has some issues, but otherwise it's alright.

I've seen several already on the road, it's an awesome car, very classy and distinctive. I would buy one if I could.

So far it looks like if you're in one of the former colonies... or Belgium... then you might not like the XF, but otherwise it's really quite popular.

I'll never buy one but not because of the styling.

QFT. There is still an issue of money, Spectre...

I love a Jag and this one is just beautiful...if I can ever afford it in the near future, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

This is a pet peeve so you can ignore it: Speedtouch, there is no reason to add an extraneous "i". Latin doesn't have an "ii" ending. If you want to use the plural of Lexus either use an English ending, Lexuses, or the proper Latin ending Lexi (one "i"). The same applies to viri.

Fair enough :lol: I was wondering when I typed it. I shall remember now and always use Lexi. I never did understand Latin - 2 years of it clearly didn't teach me enough.

I drove an XF for a test drive about 18 months ago and yes the UK spec version is more low key than the US version and very handsome.

I think it looks great, like all the new Jags.

I figured it out. It doesn't look like a Lexus.

It looks like a Buick.

Handsome car, but not a Jag.

I prefer it to the old S type but I liked the concept's front lights more than the production model

but I would take the XFR rather than a BMW M5

I think it's good, an easy 9+/10.

In my opinion, this car satisfies those who don't like the old Jag, like for example: me, my dad, and my car nut friends. My dad (39 this year) gave his opinion to me that the Jags of the past look old even before they're out of the showroom, and would prefer the XF over any of its alternatives. As for the younger generation of people (i.e. me and my friends), the new Jag appeals to us, with the XF, XK, and the new XJ.

Jag wants to target those with new money, not people with old money, that's my 2 cents, and no offence to any old Jag lovers :)

Last edited:
In those pictures it looks good. When zooming around on a country road it looks great. Most importantly though, when it's stuck in traffic at 7:45 on a Monday morning in Liverpool on a heavily overcast day, it looks brilliant. When I see a big powerful Merc or something hemmed in by Ford Fiestas it looks ridiculous, but the Jag has a certain dignity and serenity to its design so that it looks at home everywhere. Thumbs up to Jaguar.

In those pictures it looks good. When zooming around on a country road it looks great. Most importantly though, when it's stuck in traffic at 7:45 on a Monday morning in Liverpool on a heavily overcast day, it looks brilliant. When I see a big powerful Merc or something hemmed in by Ford Fiestas it looks ridiculous, but the Jag has a certain dignity and serenity to its design so that it looks at home everywhere. Thumbs up to Jaguar.

I don't know why, but sedans and understated GT cars look epic on rainy days.