The "New Toys" Thread

I didn't even catch that. Nice one. Just for clarification to anyone who needs it, I did buy one with a broken screen. It will spend all of its time in my center console, hidden away to avoid the shame it brings me.

Something manly:

metabo_uhe_20.jpg

It's this one to be exact. And I think nearly all Panasonic Vieras have NeoPDP now.

Regarding the TV, it's faptastic. It has a very sharp picture and excellent black levels. But I'd like to test it with my new blu-ray player before I get a proper opinion. All I can say for now is that the picture just looks stunning.

It's good to know because mine arrives tomorrow. In 50 inch size, though. How much did you pay?

Last edited:
Just ordered party for a new system... The case is already here and in use, until the Fermis are out the 9600GT will have to do, but mobo, cpu, ram, cpu cooler and psu are new... Will post pics once the package arrives...
Oh, I also bought a new system drive... Damn it was expensive and should go to another thread ;-)

Blackberry Tour

BlackBerry-9630-Tour-2.jpg

Got it for cheap off eBay. I don't like any of Verizon's other phones and I'm tired of waiting for the new Tour/Bold to be released on Verizon. My contract is up so I'm paying month to month now and can buy a new phone whenever I want :)

Just ordered party for a new system... The case is already here and in use, until the Fermis are out the 9600GT will have to do, but mobo, cpu, ram, cpu cooler and psu are new... Will post pics once the package arrives...
Oh, I also bought a new system drive... Damn it was expensive and should go to another thread ;-)

System dive? Do you mean hard drive?

Well, I clearly wrote "system drive" and not dive (and no, I did not edit my post) therefore indicating a drive that hold the OS... Should be pretty clear then...

Pssh. Duh.

Well, my new TV arrived today:

4423052764_58f356d37f_o.jpg

4422287963_ea353026c7_o.jpg

4422286785_c347cc9b09_o.jpg

the remotes, they are massing!

WHy the bigass TV if you have a projector on the ceiling?

Several reasons:

1) It's a waste watching normal TV with a video projector, and you can't just switch it on for 15 minutes to watch the news and then switch it off again. Well you can but you'll kill the lamp rather quickly with that.
2) The projector is not full HD, only HD-ready,
3) The projector is slowly losing picture quality after about 6 years in use and about 7000 hours of running. A new, full HD projector is my goal but currently out of my price range. An acceptable one costs at least 2500 Euros,
4) The TV was reduced by 34 %, because Panasonic is traditionally pushing out a new product series each Spring

I've been thinking for a while, whether to replace the projector with a new one or buy a TV and wait a bit longer for a new projector. The opportunity called and the decision was made, when I saw that price-reduced Panasonic TV at Amazon.de.

Sometimes those e-mail newsletters are good for something.

Last edited:
As i pointed out in #gear.fi i'm 10 years behind with battery tech :(

so i bought AA/AAA batterycharger a La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger from amazon, and my aunt shipped it from new york to finland.

The reason i bought the device is 1 hp digicam from 2000 that eats batteries + wireless microsoft mouse + flashlites + some other devices.

it costed 29 euros, but i think it money well spent.

The device in the plastic packagin that america loves!

The specs for the nerds.

:eek: a usa-to-euro power adapter that has too much plastic!

removing the plastic part 1

IT FITS OMFG!!!

See the "smooth" egdes at the adapter :D

Charging some older batteries to my fathers thootbrush :)

Now in the shoppinglist is some 2500 mAh AA batteries for the digicam + some AAA's for my calculator + wireless mouse.

Yeah, I shot it myself during my safari in the Amazon rain forest :p

MAIL ARRIVED :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2010/03/12/IMG_0038.JPG

Better pics will follow :D