Unveiled: Awesome: RUF RGT-8

In before the obligatory LS1 joke.

Yet another green car I like.

It looks a bit stupid having the front facia being so much lower compared to the rest of the car. It also seems pretty pointless when one considers the turbo s and gt2.

It looks a bit stupid having the front facia being so much lower compared to the rest of the car. It also seems pretty pointless when one considers the turbo s and gt2.

I think it's just a way to show off RUF's new V8.

Looks great, this is now my 2nd favorite green car, after the new Lambo Supperleggera :D.

Why? Wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to fit this engine in the back of a Cayman or a Boxster? Or better still, in Ruf's supercar, the CTR3? :dunno:

More about the new V8-engine here...

I'd love it to see that engine in a Porsche Cayman. That'd be the ultimate "affordable" supercar.

Here's some more pictures of the engine:

16-ruf-rgt-8.jpg

14-ruf-rgt-8.jpg

15-ruf-rgt-8.jpg

Looks very compact, but still that must have a higher placed point of gravity than the standard flat-6. It's also a bit longer, extending further behind the rear axle line. This engine + Cayman, on the other hand.... That would be epic...

Can't wait to hear the sound of that engine with its 180? flatcrank.

4.5L V8, is this based on the Cayenne V8?

4.5L V8, is this based on the Cayenne V8?
Nope, it's designed and engineered from scratch by Ruf, although as with many of the Porsche tuners/builders around, there are quite a few ex-Porsche engineers aboard.