Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

I'm not a fan of touch screens either but really its the best solution for that type of smartphone. You get the screen space for web browsing with a relatively small form factor. At least the Droid has a keyboard.

I'm sure once you get used to the Droid keyboard it isn't a problem, but its pretty bad. The keys are completely flat with the surface of the phone and I find it harder to type on that than any other physical keyboard. Both my friends who own the Droid said they don't use the physical keyboard any more, the virtual on-screen keyboard works better for them.

Apart from the keyboard, I'm just not a fan of the Android OS. I understand what it is, but it seems too much like Linux to me, where I'm looking for OS X (no I don't want an iPhone its just a comparison).

Now that Verizon forces you to get a data plan on almost every phone they sell, I'll probably get a Blackberry. I've always loved using them, I can type on their keyboards with no problems, and the new Blackberry OS should be out soon which includes their new web browser. It'll do everything I want, plus have actual, physical buttons. Now if they would just release the new Tour/Bold already..

500x_photo-11.jpg

The iPhone - Now Taliban approved.

:lol:

Because you would blow up 2 places at once! :p

Anybody know of a site that will walk me through a portable DVD player to PC monitor hack?

Shelf supporting the computer just broke resulting in computer falling on it's side. It had a stroke and everything froze. Seems fine now.

Anybody know of a site that will walk me through a portable DVD player to PC monitor hack?

I want to use the lcd screen as a second pc monitor. Please forgive my ramblings while tired.

Don't most of them have some kind of input anyway :dunno:

They're not exactly high resolution.

Hehee

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54tDqM5-6RU[/YOUTUBE]

Hehee

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54tDqM5-6RU[/YOUTUBE]

It was a problem with one of Newegg's suppliers, IPEX. Also, nice job of his showing "clear spelling mistakes" with a camera that can't focus on things close up. :p

Last edited:
As I'm so far behind everything else that I'm actually going backwards in terms of possessed technology items, I'm only now getting Windows 7...

(Real reason, due to technical issues it was only now that I managed to sign up for MS free student licenses.)

Also, the official downloader program's speeds are PATHETIC.

Last edited:

i'm prepared to sign that :mad:
plus, if you can't get your hands on a 32bit bootsect.exe you have to download the whole win7 x86 again just to be able to use a 100KB exe that lets you make a bootable usb drive using the official M$ tool... why wouldn't they just include a 32 and a 64bit bootsect.exe from the start, make the stupid program 200KB larger and don't annoy the hell out of me? :cry:

What. I just threw the unpacked files onto a usb drive and installed.

I tried to do the bootable thing and ran into the exact same problem, ended up just installing from within Windows.

:eek:
i didn't had that problem with my msdnaa donwloads :p

thou i used schools wired network on a school computer with 100Mbit line :p

Don't most of them have some kind of input anyway :dunno:

They're not exactly high resolution.

It does have composite inputs, but my puter does not have composite outputs. The resolution of the screen is fine for watching youtube videos(full screen) while I continue to surf. I know you can buy them, but I have this and need a project to keep the insanity at bay.

Right, had to take my MX Revolution back to the store today for a product replacement. Anyone know typically how long it takes before I can go back to pick up the RMA?

And I can't believe my desktop rig is now 3 years old. Still going strong though, so probably won't be majorly rebuilding it anytime soon. Probably going to pop in one or two 1TB drives at some point to boost storage space though (Currently 1 320GB and 1 500GB. Both WD).

And good on WD for organizing Fedex to pick up the defective RMA drive. :D

Last edited:
I tried to do the bootable thing and ran into the exact same problem, ended up just installing from within Windows.

yeah i did that too with my laptop, but now with my all new PC:
a) no windows from which to install
b) only 32bit installs from 32bit systems... if you want to install 64bit win7, you need to be running a 64bit system beforehand...

I partially withdraw the previous statement. Turned on the download this morning, it was at about 42%. About 40 minutes later, it had started unpacking the ISO. Right now I'm installing it on the laptop as a test before I try and slap it on the main rig.

Last edited: