Weird Dreams Thread

a little toy GT-R
!

...want.

(I could put it next to the little toy 911 and see if they start having an epic little toy car fight on the shelf!)

I wonder, perhaps the reason why I'm not dreaming is because of my mental imaging.

Every night or day (whenever I get a few spare minutes) I just imagine driving around the track for a few laps. I've gotten quite good at it. It's gotten to the point where I can make meaningful changes to my line, or my braking technique, or whatever just by running a few imagined corners. Maybe it's consuming some sort of "dream chemical" or something, LOL.

I'm going to try something tonight. I'm going to listen to a couple hours of psychedelic space music right before I go to bed, and then sit and read an hour of some arty book like Dante's Inferno or something. Something with lots of ye olde English in it, but not too intensive, like the Bible is. We'll see how that works.

Couple days ago I thought I dreamed something, but I couldn't remember anything afterwards, so I have no idea if I did or not.

Apparently this new version of Firefox thinks afterwards isn't a word. Silly Firefox.

PS, 3333 posts. Woot.

Last edited:
I dreamed I went to an old lady bake sale where they secretly had a shitload of drugs in their food. I was encouraged to find the lady with the most drugs and interview her.

afterward :p

O RLY?

Anyway, the space music seemed to work because I had a nerdtastic dream that was a mix of Mass Effect 2, Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek. Don't remember many details, but it was something about some dude stealing all the old Enterprises and abducting people.

Sorry for the thread bump, but I had a weird dream that I just had to share.
In this dream, I met a woman, we started dating, and eventually she got pregnant. Once she was pregnant, she didn't want anything to do with me - she was like, "We both got what we wanted, so let's just go our separate ways." I remember asking her, "Who are you to say what I want? Did you ever stop to think that I might want to be a father?" She replied, "It doesn't matter, because this is my child, and you will never see him." I tried to explain to her that our child would need his father in his life, but it kept falling on deaf ears right up to the point where I woke up.
I generally don't put much thought into interpreting my dreams, because when I'm running around with the Doctor or on the bridge of the Enterprise it doesn't seem to signify anything deeper than wish fulfillment. But this one really makes me want to try to find my father. When my Mom was pregnant with me, my father's family pressed her to get an abortion, so I don't think this is going to be a happy reunion. But maybe after 40 some-odd years he's curious about the son he never met.

Wow. You can but try. Particularly as time is ticking and you might miss the chance to meet him.

I dreamt about the movie "The Beach" last night. That one with Leonardo DeCaprio.

It was just a load of us running along the beach, nearly drowning, hiding in a cave, and just generally being hunted by some unknown presence.

There wasn't really any particular story. Just a bunch of us running through a beach.:blink:

I think it was because I watched Titanic before going to bed...

I dreamed I had a Christmas tree that kept starting on fire, but also had a fire extinguishing system. So I would be in the kitchen cleaning ice cube trays and the fire would start and get put out.

Last night I was trying to get in touch with a guy that owns (or, as I came to find out, owned) three McLaren F1s and invite him to our car show and see if I could maybe do a photoshoot. Needless to say, last night I had a very vivid dream that I was in some showroom-looking place (don't remember exactly) and took an F1 GTR out for a spin around the showroom floor (literally - drove it inside). It didn't have a roof and the controls were really funky...

I had a dream that my dad had a MX5 exactly like thedguy's and he did autocross.

I had a series of penis related dreams last night. :blink:

Horny much?

I dreamt I was leafing through a series of war books written by Karoug.

Yeah, really.

I had another weird dream.

I don't know how old I was probably 5 or 6 and I dreamt of myself curling up to my (non existent in real life) big brother on the couch. The second I fell asleep in dream world I woke up in the real world.

I've been having weird dreams this week. Ordinarily I don't even remember my dreams, but I've had 3 this weeks that stand out.

The other night I had a dream that I worked on the Today show, with all the Today show crew (I actually don't really watch the Today show, but Matt Lauer was there, Campbell Brown & Lester Holt, too). It was right after Katie Couric left, but Meridith Viera wasn't there. Me & the crew all seemed to live in one big Today show barracks while not filming the show. It was implied that Katie Couric met some kind of horrible fate, and suddenly Jonathan Creek (fictional character played by Alan Davies) was there to investigate. I was his partner, and we were hot on the trail... I think things were about to take a very "adult" turn, but then my stupid alarm went off and I woke up. LOL!!!

Last night I dreamed I ran into Matt Scannell (lead singer of the band Vertical Horizon- I have actually met him in person and he is super sweet) somewhere, and we got to talking about Richard Marx and his new album. We were discussing who was playing on it, and what the cover photo was. Then the conversation turned to the band King Crimson. I honestly couldn't name a song King Crimson has done. From what I understand they are a metal band or something... I'm not sure. But in my dream I was totally up on all their work and Matt & I had a nice long conversation about it. At the end, Matt left and gave me a peck on the cheek. Then I woke up.

This afternoon while I was napping, I had a dream that I was in sort of a reality first-person shooter. I was in a sort of abandoned warehouse, and my mission was to shoot these demented evil doctor people. I had quite the arsenal of video-game weapons with which to accomplish my task. It was all very dark, and on numerous occasions I got fragged, but it would always just re-load, like a video game.

Weird stuff.

Whoo, bumping.

I had a dream expressed entirely in text, through several newspaper articles, some of which were written by myself, some by colleagues, all about some sort of central event which I don't remember anymore.

You know how they always say that text in dreams is unreadable? Well, text in my dreams always is. Also, I once had a dream with subtitles. It was a Korean action comedy. I wasn't in it.

Whoo, bumping.

I had a dream expressed entirely in text, through several newspaper articles, some of which were written by myself, some by colleagues, all about some sort of central event which I don't remember anymore.

You know how they always say that text in dreams is unreadable? Well, text in my dreams always is. Also, I once had a dream with subtitles. It was a Korean action comedy. I wasn't in it.

If you managed to notice that the text in your dreams in unreadable, have you considered trying Lucid Dreaming?

If you managed to notice that the text in your dreams in unreadable, have you considered trying Lucid Dreaming?

I probably miswrote that, I meant to say the text in my dreams is completely readable at all times.