Welcome to vBulletin 4! Leave all vB4 feedback/bugs here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tryed a new way to make it gray since so many said it would be nice. I have to say i like the white better but it thought I would show it to you :)

2ladgtd.jpg

Just a fast one :)

I like the white. It's not really white anyway, it's a light grey already.

Thanks for adding the red colour scheme, but it is too bright; it should be dark red like Small Guy illustrated. :)

And if you go with a dark colour scheme, I think dark a grey background with white letters will look good (like the top borders in every post that say the date and the number of the post).

Like this:

http://img263.imageshack.**/img263/6522/captureha.jpg

Tryed a new way to make it gray since so many said it would be nice. I have to say i like the white better but it thought I would show it to you :)

2ladgtd.jpg

Just a fast one :)

That makes it look very similar to the Splinter Cell: Conviction forum. I think the white should be replaced with light gray.

Last edited:
I don't like the black-on-grey theme, Small guy...that would get tiring to read...and that red-on-grey would give me a headache.

1) With the default options the "Click this bar" thingy just maximizes the image right there in the thread, which is a bit awkward. I'd prefer the old style of opening it in a new window.
Agreed. Done.
wait, wait, wait, wtf? :blink:

As far as I am aware, the picture was maximized within the thread in the past when you clicked the yellow bar.
THIS. (not that I run into many pictures that exceed my max width/infinite height, but still)

Also, what the hell is wrong with you people? The old theme was brighter than the new style, for christ's sake. Stop saying the new theme is burning your eyes. Jesus H Murphy, some people...

Oh, and the red theme should be the default. :thumbup:

Yeah, WTF! I much prefer clicking the bar on top of an image to expand it, not to open it in a new tab.

I don't like the black-on-grey theme, Small guy...that would get tiring to read...and that red-on-grey would give me a headache.

I totally agree with you :) I like the white much better :)

Just to remind people, here's what the forum was like before, in all it's white and red glory with just accents of dark grey.

Image from an older post by MXM:

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mx/mxm/2010/03/10/search.png

The accents help a lot though.

Yeah, and it was a slightly darker red. The red theme looks pretty good right now but still seems a little bright. Maybe there's more white space?

I actually think SmallGuy's grey version is absolutely spot on. Can't be that hard to offer both his white version and his grey version. Both are exactly what we need. ;)

i really like the new theme, because i actually hated the old one. it made reading very annoying and stressing, while the new one is very comfortable for your eyes :)

You young whippersnappers and your "software updates". Everyone knows that this forums looked best in blue/white and that the only domain to reach it by should be http://gear.viper007bond.com/forum/.

Hey I was all for sticking with PHPBB right before the swap over to VB.* :p

*Thank God that didn't happen.

I just noticed the car owning thing is gone...

Last edited:
Just to remind people, here's what the forum was like before, in all it's white and red glory with just accents of dark grey.

Image from an older post by MXM:

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mx/mxm/2010/03/10/search.png

Copy/paste the colours of that theme and it's a gooden (atleast for a large amount of the members, I'd like to think).

Guys, I swear this is what we need:

View attachment 3179

Obviosuly not as shit as that, but the general colours. I'd love to make the theme if I knew how to (give me the permissions and I will do it, Viper), but I really think that's the way to go.

Not in a million years. :barf:

Anyway, another quick question. My twitter link below my name doesn't seem to be there anymore...

The postbit (the thing to the left) is a work in progress still...

I am surprised there were no "IM GONNA LEVE TEH BORD FOREVR!!" drama llamas.

I'm already almost completely used to it. This Quick Reply box still looks unnatural somehow.

tl;dr, but are the full rep boxes on two lines for anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.