Battlefield: Bad Company 2

is anyone elses battlefield.com stats not updating? mine have been the same for the past 2 days and it says cache updates in 0seconds. its kind of annoying because i'd like to see how many Demo 2.0 kills i have so far.

Ugh, my favorite servers are having some ridiculous lag problems tonight. <100 ping yet I watch someone run past me, shoot him square in the back 10 times with the G3 with magnum ammo, only to have him "kill me" from behind with a 870MCS.

Other times there is literally a 5-second delay between shooting someone and them dying. I can't play like this :-(

Started playing online yesterday, and so far it's been great fun. Only one thing, the 'medic' class seems a bit odd: I know it's not supposed to be realistic or anything but a heavy gunner that doubles as a medic seems a bit far-fetched.

is anyone elses battlefield.com stats not updating? mine have been the same for the past 2 days and it says cache updates in 0seconds. its kind of annoying because i'd like to see how many Demo 2.0 kills i have so far.

yes, same here. but (!) after visiting there and refreshing a thousand times my veteran status jumped from 1 to 3 :p

Ugh, my favorite servers are having some ridiculous lag problems tonight. <100 ping yet I watch someone run past me, shoot him square in the back 10 times with the G3 with magnum ammo, only to have him "kill me" from behind with a 870MCS.

Other times there is literally a 5-second delay between shooting someone and them dying. I can't play like this :-(

yeah i had bad problems as well last night. constantly losing connection to the EA servers and ridiculous amounts of lag in game.
some of the delay between shooting and dying is normal i guess (like, travel time) but enhanced by lag it sometimes turns out to be really strange. to reduce lag i read somewhere the client somehow foresees the next bit of the game, to have smoother gameplay... i guess that makes the actually lag-reset of your position (or the enemies therefore) even worse... :|

funny thing yesterday:
nearly 5 minutes after getting out of my tank (having been shot to bits by another tank) i suddenly got "vehicle damage" then "destroy vehicle" and "killing an enemy"... from shooting his tank with my tank minutes before. what the f***, how is that even possible? o_O

I bought BC2 last week and have been enjoying it since.

Working with online at the mo, working towards the better guns. Driving Tanks helps with that, it seems it's what im best at besides being killed.

Somethings i have found annoying online is trying to kill someone. Shooting at them point blank with an Assault Rifle in the chest area, only for them to stroll up and knife me.

P.S. My online name is Pressurized.

^ Tanks won't get you point go to towards class specific weapons. But it gives you points toward vehicle and all class Specializations including all class weapons.
Any one got any favourite kits? I trying to unlock all guns at the moment and have already unlock all medic and all engineer weapons. Currently trying to get all assault class weapons and using either SPAS-12 or NS2000 with 12 gauge slugs and magnum ammo. Makes it extremely effective at all ranges :p
Online name BlitzR

my favorite class is the engineer class. I still maintain that the Medic is way too overpowered and needs some serious balancing done to it. It's great if you just want to rank up quickly but its too powerful. I get that it is very weak against tanks and helicopters but if you get killed by the tank, then chances are one of your teammates will take it out before you respawn.

my BFBC2 just updated itself to version 523648. did any of you catch any sort of changelog or announcement or anything?

edit: ok i googled it myself...
Changes:
? Server browser downloads 100 entries instead of 500 in a chunk ? this makes the ?Cancel? button more responsive
? Fixed crash during server browser refresh
? Low-level networking library switched back to the optimized version (the game client was temporarily running with one that had more debugging logic in it)
? Localization fixes in the scoreboard ?

still nothing on really fixing the connection issues -.- how hard can it be?

Last edited:
What connection issues? :p

I just have two things to say:
-people SERIOUSLY need to spot more. More people spotting more often would be more than welcome.
-STOP JUMPING OUT OF TANKS FFS. Oh no! It's down to 40 health! I need to hop out with enemy infantry surrounding me! Oh no! The enemy somehow stole the tank and have it back up to 100% health! How did that happen?!

^What I hate is that if you play as an engineer and you want to fix a tank the god damn tank drives away, like that will save him...

I can't connect to EA online today...nor get onto EA's forums...erg. The game has been kinda laggy for me as well when I could connect to games (took like 15 minutes).

I've been connecting fine... just some issues with connecting with Australian servers... lol. Horrible latency.

Oh, and this. This squad has some alertness issues.. lol. Stab stab stab stab.

IMG_8413.jpg

Couldn't take screenshot lmao. Xfire wouldn't let me for some reason.

Last edited:
I've been playing a TON. Done with all the unlocks, now I can actually play whichever class the situation calls for. This generally means Assault, or Engineer when being faced with armor. As I've gotten better I've moved away from the Medic's spam-spam-spam guns (XM8 LMG was my favorite for a long time) to more the more accurate Asssault weapons (M16A2).

My standard loadout is M16 with RDS and Mag, with vehicle alt weapon.

What connection issues? :p

roughly half of the servers give me the "server is full" error without actually being full (or even being empy). another quarter gives me "please wait" for ages only to tell me it's lost connection.
those connection problems -.- i think i already left a little rant a few pages back because of their "fixing" the connection issue by just giving it an error message (server full - regardless of actual player-count).

on another note:
i think it makes quite a big difference whether you play HC or not. i personally ONLY play hc, and i constantly think "wtf" about some comments around here because of that :p

oh and finally: i love shooting people in the face with the RPG7 :lol:

Hardcore sucks nuts. If I wanted to get killed by pansy ass snipers from kilometres away I would be playing Arma. And spotting not doing anything is stupid because there's not much communication in pubs to begin with and you can only voicechat to your maximum three squadmates.

hardcore fag: lol I'm so hardcore that once I played an entire match without moving from my initial spawn point. :banana:

Just got 5000+ points where the one closest to me had 3000 and then my internet decided to stop working<_<

roughly half of the servers give me the "server is full" error without actually being full (or even being empy). another quarter gives me "please wait" for ages only to tell me it's lost connection.
those connection problems -.- i think i already left a little rant a few pages back because of their "fixing" the connection issue by just giving it an error message (server full - regardless of actual player-count).

mysteriously, this has completely stopped. no more connection issues for me as well, yay to that!

btw.: hardcore is not just "get killed by pansy ass snipers from kilometres away". it's just more fun, for me at least, and i don't think snipers are more of a pain in the ass as they're in normal. also: i do move around quite a lot, too :p

Maybe at some point I will I guess. [/useless post]

I finally gave in and put a BFBC2 sig on my sig. Clicking it links to my BFBCs.com stats page. My fragrate is BS, btw, because for every time I earn a combat excellence pin I play a rush round where I go like 12/25. I play for the team, not for individual glory. *shrug*

Got it in my sig now. :)