Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Last edited:
Not really, in fact there's a database of cars in movies: http://www.imcdb.org/

Yes I know about the IMCDB, but I was just referring to the fact out how I was able to catch the car for seeing a yellow blur on the screen for less than a second. I wasn't paying attention to the tiny details, but the plot overall. But when I saw the unmistakable yellow color, and the gray stripe... I knew it.

And thus pointing out the fact how at the moment, I'm completely obsessed with the 850 T5-R.
This is my wallpaper, my phone wallpaper.
My avatar <<<
A birthday gift my friend got me.

On an unrelated note:

That man hasn't seen Jeremy drop a skip on the Biturbo has he?

Last edited:
On an unrelated note:

That man hasn't seen Jeremy drop a skip on the Biturbo has he?

It's only got eighteen thousand, four hundred and eighty thousand miles on it. :rolleyes: :lol:

You noticed too.As a result of triying to imagine such number my head just exploded, although i wouldn't fare much better with the camera rolling tbh

You noticed too.As a result of triying to imagine such number my head just exploded, although i wouldn't fare much better with the camera rolling tbh

I heard it, questioned it in my head, thought about it, and then just accepted it for what it was.

Could you explain it to the rest of us?

Great News!
a knowledgeable person said:
Popular internet auction site eBay has been forced to reinforce its guidelines for advertising cars following a recent string of complaints about inappropriate and incorrect listings.As a reflection of this new crackdown, earlier this week a handful of eBay car sellers received sternly worded warnings from the auction site?s administrators. One such seller was Jackson Lisbo of Squirrelscock. ?I was shocked when I got the warning about the ad for my MX5,? Mr Lisbo said. ?They told me the text in my ad was too well written, that it contained no massive chunks of pointless block capitals, and that none of the writing was inexplicably in red. They told me to re-read the guidelines, take some new photos of the car making sure that this time they were out of focus, and then re-list the car. I was shocked?.
eBay sources say the company has been forced to launch this crackdown in response to a small band of sellers who still believe the best way to sell a car is to give some actual information about it. ?We?re getting tired of these idiots who want to tell you things like mileage, service history, equipment levels and so on,? said one eBay insider. ?Until these people learn that the correct way to sell a car on our site is to write ?BRILENT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FASTER THNA A FEISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? in red Comic Sans and accompany it with one blurry picture of the front three quarter taken at night on a mobile phone, then we have no option but to get tough with them?.
Finally, someone is cracking down on those charlatans.

Last edited:
Could you explain it to the rest of us?

Reading and audio comprehension fail.

It's only got eighteen thousand, four hundred and eighty thousand miles on it. :rolleyes: :lol:

Nabster points it out. The guy in the clip is saying that the car has 18,480,000 miles on it. Amazing when you figure that most Biturbos struggled to make it 1.8 miles to the store, let alone 18 million. :p

Hypothetical question : if you had to chose a company car from this (admittedly, poor) list, which would it be and why?

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 1,6 hdi
Peugeot 5008 1,6 HDI Premium BMP
VW Passat 1,6 CDTDI Bluemotion
Citroen C5 1,6 HDI
Citroen C5 Tourer 1,6 HDI
Ford Mondeo 1,8 TDCI Trend Econetic
Renault Laguna 1,5 dci Privilege
Renault Laguna 2,0 dci Expression
BMW 1 Hatch 116d
Volvo S40 1,6d DRIVe
Volvo V50 1,6d DRIVe

Not being from Europe I'm not familiar with a lot of those cars, but my choice would be between the BMW (because it's RWD and a BMW, so it should be pretty nice inside) or the Mondeo (I hear good things about the Mondeo and it has a "massive" 1.8 turbo).

I can't believe I've put 11,000 miles on my car since August.

Last edited:
Again looking at a 323F GT interior, have hunted down a set including door cards for 100 euro. Slightly worn driver's seat bolster, but should be in better shape than mine. Waiting for pics.

Mondeo, Passat or one of the Volvo's .....can't go very far wrong with any of those in terms of sensible and well yeah......a tad boring ,and I actualy like the looks of the Mondeo.

The rest is either a BMW for the wrong kind of people or french tupperware......

I don't know if this is random or awesome.

Why didn't the cop just reverse away without any risk of hurting the dog by driving over it, instead of going back and forth like a retard?

Hypothetical question : if you had to chose a company car from this (admittedly, poor) list, which would it be and why?

Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 1,6 hdi
Peugeot 5008 1,6 HDI Premium BMP
VW Passat 1,6 CDTDI Bluemotion
Citroen C5 1,6 HDI
Citroen C5 Tourer 1,6 HDI
Ford Mondeo 1,8 TDCI Trend Econetic
Renault Laguna 1,5 dci Privilege
Renault Laguna 2,0 dci Expression
BMW 1 Hatch 116d
Volvo S40 1,6d DRIVe
Volvo V50 1,6d DRIVe

Need more information, do you need alot of room for stuff, how many bodies will you carry, will you pay for fuel etc?
I have a soft spot for the 5008's interior

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/03/26/peugeot-5008-3.jpg

The P1 (small) Volvos interiors are a little boring. The BMW has no room. Everyone else has a Passat = boring. I heard the 5008 have a improved gearbox, but I could be wrong and it could be the standard crap PSA gearbox. If you don't want to pay for fuel the DRIVe's are incredibly frugal, much better than any other on the list I dare say.

The C5 is the best looking.

Last edited:
Why didn't the cop just reverse away without any risk of hurting the dog by driving over it, instead of going back and forth like a retard?

He is a retard...obviously :)