Want to help out the Final Gear LeMons team?

Here's a little something I'm working on...

NO STEALIN!

fgr.png

I just wanted to post some example pictures that the rest of the team liked. As before just take it and run with it in whatever direction you like.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/03/30/gtp_theme_idea_1.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/03/30/gtp_theme_idea_2.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/03/30/gtp_theme_idea_3.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/03/30/gtp_theme_idea_1.jpg
Wat?

I see where it comes from, but still.

Also, I now know how artists feel working with a customer "We like this, this and this" "BUT WHY!? They're all totally different!" "We just do."

Would you have to worry about the rights and properties of using Homer or Bender?

Only if we were trying to sell something with them on it, if we were to put it on the car I think we'd be safe since it's for a parody.

Wat?

I see where it comes from, but still.

Also, I now know how artists feel working with a customer "We like this, this and this" "BUT WHY!? They're all totally different!" "We just do."

It's not the colors, but the stripe and detail layout that we liked. Trying to do a full NASCAR style paint job in a few days would be nigh impossible for me. It's why I've been pushing for silver stripes on black kind of thing, much easier to do with limited time. Personally I like the ESP style car the most.

Last edited:
I just wanted to post some example pictures that the rest of the team liked. As before just take it and run with it in whatever direction you like.
Ok, but this time we need some answers first :)

(...) It's not the colors, but the stripe and detail layout that we liked. (...)
1. Detail layout you mean stickers (by stickers I mean brands and logos)? You want more of them?
1a. Do you have any requests on those stickers? Particular brand/sponsor etc.? (beside FG)
1b. Do you have any starting number assigned by now, that you would like to put on a car?

(...) Trying to do a full NASCAR style paint job in a few days would be nigh impossible for me. It's why I've been pushing for silver stripes on black kind of thing, much easier to do with limited time. (...)
2. How stuck are you on that silver? (If you already bought some paint for instance, doing some drawings with a different one would be a waste of time) Any other colors available? :) If in doubt, check previous posts, there are plenty of options that could work well with a black car.
3. Do you consider two-tone (two colors plus black paint is more then enough for some craziness), wrapping?
4. How do you feel about back seat windows painted or covered by decals?
5. How about painting rims? (That would require some high temperature resistant paint, I believe)

gtp_theme_idea_1.jpg
I'm fed up with designing another layout with stripes :| But that flame alike thing is quite inspiring! Thanks! :D

Man that's a lot of questions...

1. Detail layout you mean stickers (by stickers I mean brands and logos)? You want more of them?
1a. Do you have any requests on those stickers? Particular brand/sponsor etc.? (beside FG)

Logos and sponsor type stuff do not matter, we don't have any real sponsors and I don't think we're going to have any fake ones made up.

1b. Do you have any starting number assigned by now, that you would like to put on a car?

No, we won't have a number till we know we've been accepted to the race.

2. How stuck are you on that silver? (If you already bought some paint for instance, doing some drawings with a different one would be a waste of time) Any other colors available? :) If in doubt, check previous posts, there are plenty of options that could work well with a black car.
3. Do you consider two-tone (two colors plus black paint is more then enough for some craziness), wrapping?
4. How do you feel about back seat windows painted or covered by decals?

There's no real rules for this, just take whatever and run with it in any direction you like. The black and silver is just personal preference.

5. How about painting rims? (That would require some high temperature resistant paint, I believe)

I don't think we'll be painting wheels.

Well I had an awesome mockup with the curvy stripes going in Photoshop last night, and then Windows Update decided my unsaved work didn't matter when it rebooted in the middle of the night. BASTARD.

Only if we were trying to sell something with them on it, if we were to put it on the car I think we'd be safe since it's for a parody.

I don't think it would be considered a parody since you're not parodying Homer Simpson, you'd be using Homer as a sort of gag on your car. Now whether or not it would be an issue, is a different matter entirely

I like the flame idea, so I thought I draw one myself. Now, since drawing flames is a massive job, I'm trying to optimize it by using vectors. That's something entirely new for me, so I need to take some time to master it. However, I have some rough sketches so that you can track my progress. Any feedback is welcome, as always. :)

Sorry, I totally forgot to check this thread. I think we're ditching the full race car theme and going with something much simpler, but I don't know for sure. The current idea I've been kicking around is covering the hood, roof, and trunk with a carbon fiber vinyl and repainting the lower half of the car black. We'd then have a nice big white Final Gear logo going across the quarter panel and rear door. On the front doors we'd have 38 in white as well.

Sorry, I totally forgot to check this thread. I think we're ditching the full race car theme and going with something much simpler, but I don't know for sure. The current idea I've been kicking around is covering the hood, roof, and trunk with a carbon fiber vinyl and repainting the lower half of the car black. We'd then have a nice big white Final Gear logo going across the quarter panel and rear door. On the front doors we'd have 38 in white as well.

Smack me if I'm being stupid, but isn't the lower half of the car ALREADY black?

Wanted to post another skin that pdanev made for me such a long time ago that could be used as a simple, easy paintjob. Thing is though, it's supposed to be all flat paint, but LFS can't do that, but flat paint would look so much cooler.

Yes, but it needs to be redone since there's rust and missing clear coat.

My idea: A BMW (PMW?) art car. not necessarily this one, but basically have the car painted like one of the art cars. For the pit theme perhaps you could hang big white sheets between a couple poles, make fake cameras and studio lights out of junk, and wear snooty artsy type clothes and sunglasses.

Mehinks you could probably get away with using regular old all weather paint

Alexander-Calder-USA-1975-BMW-3.0-CSL-art-car-Front-Side-Top-500x368.jpg

http://img707.imageshack.**/img707/1715/dsc09985l.jpg

Last edited:

[bitching]Oh, bugger. Next time, choose theme/time limit for work/budget and THEN ask for help with visualizing it on a car. This way all of us won't waste time for nothing... [/bitching]

Sorry for that, I'm just slightly disappointed. I put a lot of heart and soul into that drawings :)

Anyway, speaking of the theme, black, IMHO that's not a very good idea. Carbon fiber vinyl is grey/brown/black. So after painting and dealing with vinyl, you will end up with a... black car I guess :) Of course, it will get a "fresh look", but not as much as you could expect from that amount of work. It would make perfect sense If you would like to sell it. In racing though, you won't notice it. It will be something like that:

If I can recommend anything, I would go for two-tone graphics on a side, that is based on a straight lines and covers that lower part of the car. That would reflect amount of work that you put in it.

Compare these two, to the above...

It's not as complicated as it would seem. Besides logo and number, basically all lines are straight, no tricky curves. And you won't have to worry about that nasty lower part of the body. I reckon that painting with two colours would took only slightly longer then fiddling with big vinyls (for hood or roof) which aint easy or quick. Still not convinced? Ok, how about that: LeMons site says, that nice paint job gives you lots of points which surely help to avoid crusher ;)