The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I'm reminded of the line from "Grosse Point Blank"

Yeah, or I could put a bullet in your brain and then fuck the brain-hole!

Brad has got a new bike, Roland Sands design! :thumbup:

BradPittRolandSands.jpg

I am no longer a biker. I sold my bike today and I cannot see me being able to afford one in the near future. The practicalities of life have caught up with me. It is a sad day.

Does anyone have tips on how to make your seat less slippery? The BMW's seat has lost pretty much every bit of grip. No matter what, I always slide down to the lowest spot on the seat.

I am no longer a biker. I sold my bike today and I cannot see me being able to afford one in the near future. The practicalities of life have caught up with me. It is a sad day.

:hug: Not even a cheapo 250 or something?

That's exactly the way I felt when I moved here. Bike prices are ridiculously high and I didn't think I could squeeze in even a 250. But less than three months after I got here I was back on a bike.

When we bought this apartment I applied for a bike parking space, they gave me a mini-bike space, they just sent me a letter saying my bike is too big. You don't say.
So I may just sell it. I don't need it at all, in fact I can't use it to go to work. That few thousand dollars would come in handy.

Does anyone have tips on how to make your seat less slippery? The BMW's seat has lost pretty much every bit of grip. No matter what, I always slide down to the lowest spot on the seat.

Mine was slippery when I first got but seems to have gotten better over time. Can't really suggest anything, except perhaps to try and rub the stuff off rather than wash it off. Use some material with a bit of texture (but that won't scratch your seat obviously) and give it a good scrubbing. Who knows, you might get 3 wishes.

:( Sorry mate... couldn't stand that myself. I would just get a Cub and do a 110 swap at the very least :lol:

Seriously though, good luck and I hope you're riding again as soon as possible.

Yeah, we cleaned them to make sure that we got a good start with the bike - and we did! Though I did make you do most of the work, as is proper. :D

Some other related photos:
IMG_5752.JPG

IMG_5754.JPG

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/01/...autoblog+(Autoblog)&utm_content=Google+Reader

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2010/04/01/knoxarmour.jpg
The Knox Handroid is the latest thing in evolution that will take us to biomech suits. An exoskeleton supports a Kevlar and kangaroo hide glove. Thermoplastic spines protect all of your fingers and are anchored to all but the pinky and thumb, and the ratchet mechanism tightens 19 stainless steel wires that cinch a pair of braces to spread pressure across your forearm. That latter system has a lifetime warranty, and the glove still has numerous other features to help you keep your skin on your bones. Follow the jump for a couple of vids on its movement and construction.

There has been some really cool motorcycle safety technology created in recent months. These might actually draw me away from my Racer High-End gloves.

Finally got my 125 registered since the weather will finally be nice for more than a single day. Filled it up with fresh gas and opened it up! Took it on a good trail ride as well. B)

DSCF8311.jpg

DSCF8313.jpg

DSCF8314.jpg

Also going to have the H1 500 Triple back this year with a fresh new motor. (w00t)

DSCF6610.jpg

^Sort of. It was a 2 lane road with me riding in the left lane with traffic. The truck, going about half my speed, pulled out into the side of me. Instead of being pushed off the road like that rider, my bar end dug into the body work, turning the front wheel to the right and pitching me into the ground with significant high-side type force.

Ouch.

Going on two years now and I still have pain from that one.

^Sort of. It was a 2 lane road with me riding in the left lane with traffic. The truck, going about half my speed, pulled out into the side of me. Instead of being pushed off the road like that rider, my bar end dug into the body work, turning the front wheel to the right and pitching me into the ground with significant high-side type force.

Pff.. You call that a crash?? :p

Totaled bike, reconstructive surgery, months of rehab, life-long limited mobility... yeah, it's a crash. Not a really bad one, but still a crash.