Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Context? If that's an ad, it looks like "Our Merc is so much more badass that you need to stab the brakes to just stay alongside the Audi" or "Merc drivers are dicks. Buy an Audi"

it isn't an ad, it's from the Transport movie (#3 I think) which is quite awesome, but at the same time ridiculous and completely unrealistic...

Just saw a hearse with the license plate "UARNEXT" :blink:

Owww yeah! looks like the good times are coming ! carzombies!

zombieland-woodywalking.jpg

Still does not refute most of what he said. One can even compare the LS series to its European counterparts and find that the LS costs less and is lighter, simpler, and less costly to repair while at the same time delivering the same if not better performance than its Euro equivalents.

I guess you missed the part where I said I agree that many of the new European motors are too complex and heavy. The new Mustang 5.0 isn't some simple V8 it is a quad cam 32 valve beast more comparable to the euro motors then the GM LS series.

None of that changes the fact that using hyperbole to amp up the weight of the Mustang when comparing it to the E-Class when the E-class is actually much, much heavier. I mean 600 lbs is not a small amount of weight. You figure the old rule of thumb was a 100 lbs is worth .1 seconds on a quarter mile. Sure the 600 lbs doesn't matter as much at highway speed but it still matters some.

I mean serioiusly 600 lbs is like 2.5 Stig's fat american cousin or 2 michelin man Specter's :p

Of course it is going to get worse mileage when it weighs 600 lbs more. A more fair comparrison would be the v6 mustang vs the C-class with the six cylinder.

There is only about 200 lbs differance between a C350 and a V6 mustang. The Mustang motor is just a little larger at 3.7 liters and makes more power at 305 vs 268.

In this case the comparison makes more sense the C350 only weighs a little bit more but has less power and probably a better drag coefficient.

But it gets 25 mpg highway compared to the Mustangs about 30 mpg

That is a more fair comparison then before and the Mustang still destroys the mercedes.

I guess you missed the part where I said I agree that many of the new European motors are too complex and heavy. The new Mustang 5.0 isn't some simple V8 it is a quad cam 32 valve beast more comparable to the euro motors then the GM LS series.

None of that changes the fact that using hyperbole to amp up the weight of the Mustang when comparing it to the E-Class when the E-class is actually much, much heavier. I mean 600 lbs is not a small amount of weight. You figure the old rule of thumb was a 100 lbs is worth .1 seconds on a quarter mile. Sure the 600 lbs doesn't matter as much at highway speed but it still matters some.

I mean serioiusly 600 lbs is like 2.5 Stig's fat american cousin or 2 michelin man Specter's :p

Of course it is going to get worse mileage when it weighs 600 lbs more. A more fair comparrison would be the v6 mustang vs the C-class with the six cylinder.

There is only about 200 lbs differance between a C350 and a V6 mustang. The Mustang motor is just a little larger at 3.7 liters and makes more power at 305 vs 268.

In this case the comparison makes more sense the C350 only weighs a little bit more but has less power and probably a better drag coefficient.

But it gets 25 mpg highway compared to the Mustangs about 30 mpg

That is a more fair comparison then before and the Mustang still destroys the mercedes.

Clearly Ford needs to do an optional super premium ultra high quality interior option that would rival the German luxury cars. Then they'd really have a hit.

Clearly Ford needs to do an optional super premium ultra high quality interior option that would rival the German luxury cars. Then they'd really have a hit.

You are right they should.

Call it a Lincoln something, give it IRS and then stretch it into a four door version.

Should we ask for our money in certified checks or have them wire it to our bank accounts?

You are right they should.

Call it a Lincoln something, give it IRS and then stretch it into a four door version.

Should we ask for our money in certified checks or have them wire it to our bank accounts?

I'll be fine to settle for a fully optioned version of the car.

So I hurd u liek bumpers

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/03/28/2011xb2.jpg

:lmao:

Exactly one year ago I bought my Volvo - the first car that I bought with my own money. One year of ownership and everything works great. Coincidentally, today is also my birthday - the car was the birthday present I gave myself last year :)
Happy birthday, dear car! :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know the site that allows one to search craigslist like autotrader with multiple filters?

Someone linked it on here a while ago and I haven't been able to find it through Google.
crazedlist.org or something else?

Exactly one year ago I bought my Volvo - the first car that I bought with my own money. One year of ownership and everything works great. Coincidentally, today is also my birthday - the car was the birthday present I gave myself last year :)
Happy birthday, dear car! :)

Hey happy birthday to you. Hope your is better then mine.
Does anyone know the site that allows one to search craigslist like autotrader with multiple filters?

Someone linked it on here a while ago and I haven't been able to find it through Google.

searchtempest.com

Thanks!

If I manage to find a decent job, I am thinking of getting a Merc E430 like this:
0004_turp_01_z+1999_mercedes_e430+front_left_rolling.jpg

I don't know why...I just want it.

I am, I have a underground bunker! :)

fcs12_pg_008_ext_full.jpg

Is it just me...or does the new focus's front end make it look like a toothy bunny. The more I look at it..the more I don't like it....

I don't know if it looks lke a bunny, but it is unhappy :-x and is wearing a mouth gaurd, so look out.