2010 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

Since the past 8-9 days, the rains have started coming in late into the day. Everyday, massive thunderstorms. Usually around the time when the race will be held. Hopefully the rain does not hit the race, or rains before the race, because when it rains, it pours buckets. I bought grandstands last year, and we sat for a long long time with no action.

This race will test the drivers more than the cars, so expect mistakes towards the end of the race.

:thumbsup:

i'll have a hard time deciding what to watch, sunday it's also the 'ronde van vlaanderen'

(cycling fans should know the race!)

Last edited:
Red Bull had better get their shit together for quali or I'll totally throw stuff or something. This is getting really frustrating, and we're only three races into the season. Dear Lord, I'm gonna go insane before the mid-season break! :lol:

Last edited:
Red Bull had better get their shit together for quali or I'll totally throw stuff or something. This is getting really frustrating, and we're only three races into the season. Dear Lord, I'm gonna go insane before the mid-season break! :lol:

They are sandbagging, don't you worry.

They are sandbagging, don't you worry.

Don't think so:

Vettel: RBR needs more pace at Sepang

By Jonathan Noble and Matt Beer Friday, April 2nd 2010, 08:14 GMT
1270196143.jpg
Sebastian Vettel believes Red Bull might not have the same speed advantage over its rivals in Malaysia that it showed in Bahrain and Australia.
The German, who has taken pole for both races held so far this year, was second behind McLaren's Lewis Hamilton in today's second practice session but reckons the opposition has closed in.
"I was not 100 per cent happy today, we still have to get a little bit quicker," said Vettel.
"The McLarens and the Mercedes look very quick, Ferrari I think have a decent long run pace so we need to see."
He was unwilling to predict whether Red Bull had enough speed for him to continue his pole streak.
"We need to see where we are after today and then we set our targets, but for sure hopefully Q3 and then try to finish as high up as we can to start at the front," Vettel said.
His Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber was stopped by an engine problem early in today's second practice session. But he remained upbeat about the car's performance.
"You never want your Fridays disturbed and today it has cost us a lot of track time, but the car felt pretty good," Webber said. "It's never ideal to lose an engine but we did.
"The car feels good in the quick stuff, but I wouldn't say we have a particular weakness in terms of high speed and low speed corners, we are good in both."
He also played down the engine issue, describing the Renault V8 in question as "pretty high mileage".
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82603

I still think they are faster than they show. Maybe not race winnable, but fast all the same.
Definately. It's just that I was expecting them to be light years ahead in Malaysia with high downforce, but it seems they aren't :)

They'll still get atleast one car on the front row. You wait and see. :)

Dear god. Complete Ferrari and McLaren disaster in qualifying today. Why did they take so long to go out with the amount of rain that was falling?

No one to stop Red Bull now.

Well that was a right royal stuff up. Poor Nando :-( (don't care about Hami or Massa, meh). Oh well, well done Jenson somehow getting into Q2 despite beaching the Mac (not that he's going any further though). Rain = WTF? :lol:
Seb & Mark put the pedal to the metal pls! :dance:

EDIT: Can't wait for this race now, no matter who ends up on the front row. I just hope it isn't red-flagged like last year.

Last edited:
Well that was a right royal stuff up. Poor Nando :-( (don't care about Hami or Massa, meh). Oh well, well done Jenson somehow getting into Q2 despite beaching the Mac. Rain = WTF? :lol:
Seb & Mark put the pedal to the metal pls! :dance:

It sucks but it's gonna make one helluva race tomorrow! Expect to see Fernando and Goldenboy charging up the order.

I don't think the Red Bulls have it in the bag as yet. Not if the Mercedes and particularly Schumacher have anything to say about it. And expect a surprise from Sutil too.

Gonna be interesting seeing both McLaren and Ferrari fighting it out at the back tomorrow. :lol:

Aaaand here we go, red flag....tomorrow's gonna be a cracker of a race. McLaren and Ferrari strategy department screwing up....AGAIN...

Schumacher for pole anyone? :D

And the FIA appears to have misspelled "indefinite" as "indefinate"...

^ I never liked him when he was racing first time around (not that I actually paid much attention to F1 during his period of domination), but I wouldn't mind that at all. He can show those whipper snappers how a real driver handles the rain! :lol:

EDIT: Apparently the session is being re-started. LOLWUT. I have NO idea what's going on!

Last edited: